Old October 27, 2003, 12:44   #31
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 06:16
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1
Like I said who cares, never have that turned on either. Only Dom and Conquest.

I like pure blood games now. I was getting frustrated by winning via culture just when I was ready to take on the world.
Old October 27, 2003, 12:55   #32
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 14:16
Quote:
sorry to go o-t for a second, but Solver could you change your avatar to 'Smoking Man as he gets hit by helicopter rocket' (from last x-files episode)
Good idea for a change. In that episode the CSM looked great. If you send me a picture, I'll gladly change .
Old October 27, 2003, 21:41   #33
Grazzit
Settler

Local Time: 11:16
Now I might be behind you all, But i Play on Emperor and i am usually behind at the industrial age. I catch up later and usually win but it is in no way a sure thing.

In the game I am playing now I have the most land/cities, and America, who is the most advanced and has the largers army, is my ally. yet he has modern armor and I just got tanks 3 turns ago.

I have 100 years of building to do before i have a decent Navy then its time to try to knock the top 3 civs down on score and take out whom i can.

For my games the first 5000 years is a land grab and my first 2 wars. The last 1000 is build up, then world war 3

8D
Old October 27, 2003, 22:33   #34
Solomwi
lifer
C3CDG Desolation RowPtWDG2 Monty PythonCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Quote:
- Amphibious attacks now twice more powerful.
Holy crap.

My Marine Armies will be nigh on invincible!!!
"They say if you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. But if you teach a man to fish...then he has to get a fishing license. But he doesn't have any money, so he has to get a job and enter the social security system. And he has to file taxes, and you're gonna audit the poor son of a ***** because he's not really good at math. You pull the IRS van up to his house and take everything. You take his velvet Elvis and his toothbrush and his penis pump and that all goes up for auction with the burden of proof on you because you forgot to carry the 1. All because you wanted to eat a fish, and you couldn't even cook the fish because you need a permit for an open flame."
- Doug Stanhope
Old October 28, 2003, 09:34   #35
Stuie
King

Local Time: 07:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
Changes to the general game:

- Amphibious attacks now twice more powerful.

Actually, merepatra indicated that the amphibious bonus is 25%, not double....

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...00#post2414800
Old October 28, 2003, 21:56   #36
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
And the mighty gods Odin and Thor looked down, and thought this was good.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old October 28, 2003, 22:23   #37
Solomwi
lifer
C3CDG Desolation RowPtWDG2 Monty PythonCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Okay, tempering my enthusiasm now, but still grinning from ear to ear with this development.
"They say if you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. But if you teach a man to fish...then he has to get a fishing license. But he doesn't have any money, so he has to get a job and enter the social security system. And he has to file taxes, and you're gonna audit the poor son of a ***** because he's not really good at math. You pull the IRS van up to his house and take everything. You take his velvet Elvis and his toothbrush and his penis pump and that all goes up for auction with the burden of proof on you because you forgot to carry the 1. All because you wanted to eat a fish, and you couldn't even cook the fish because you need a permit for an open flame."
- Doug Stanhope
Old October 28, 2003, 22:40   #38
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:16
Only one more week to go....
Old October 29, 2003, 09:45   #39
Tall Stranger
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1

Like I said who cares, never have that turned on either. Only Dom and Conquest. Only in AU games do I have those other paths on.
I actually just finished my first space race game last nite. Kind of anti-climactic. Part of me misses the old civ games (civ I or II? can't remember), where you had to wait 20 turns for your ship to arrive before you could win. During that time, every nation would declare war and try to destroy you. Made for an amusing end game.

On the plus side, this was the first time I bothered researching Satellites, Laser or some of those other techs. Also the first time I bothered building research labs in my cities or building SETI. Usually my build choices at the end for my core are Wealth, MA or MI.
Old October 29, 2003, 10:47   #40
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Aussie_Lurker
Actually speaking of Wars in the Industrial and Modern Ages-What if you've claimed LOTS of territory, but you find yourself with no coal, no oil no rubber or even-NO URANIUM!!!!
Just fought an "energy war" last night when my only source of oil disappeared. I attempted to trade with Lizzie, Genghis and that Viking dude, but they all wanted 2 science advances, 5000 gold, three resources for ONE OIL. Well, that wouldn't do.

Bad luck for the Vikings to take such a tough negotiating position against me -- especially considering the fact that their island -- with one oil -- far from his terrority and close to mine.

I attack
The city defenders surrender
I celebrate my newly found precious oil -- all mine!
And tell those money grubbers Lizzie and Genghis to take a hike
And the Tanks continue to roll off the Japanese assembly lines