Old October 26, 2003, 08:19   #1
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 06:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
UT 2K3 Questions...
OMG this game is sooo much fun. Especially after we had a lan party, I cant stop playing this game now.

Anyways Question 1: What are the order of the killing streak messages? The one where it goes "killing spree, dominating, god-like etc" There's one for getting a consecutive kill within short time frame too. Any one got above "holy ****" or something like that?

Q2: Where can I go to play a competitve and challenging game of UT? Any clans and groups worth playing? Any leagues you know of etc?
Q3: Any of you really good in this game? Is there any good advice for me?
Old October 26, 2003, 11:14   #2
MattH
King

Local Time: 11:17
UT 2K3 supprised me- the 'feeling' of the game was so much different than UT. Maybe it's the field of vision, but I feel much less in controll. Another thing is that it doesn't respond to the scroll wheel on my mouse. That's really no fun.

Aargh, I can't find the kill message order online. Maybe it's in the readme/config files.

Anyone here want a game today, or maybe tommorow?
Old October 26, 2003, 11:35   #3
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

Local Time: 13:17
both ut and ut2k3 didn't give me the feeling i had everything under control, but I think ut2k3 is better, especially in instagib (the instarail in ut seems to have a little bit of lag, which is goddamn annoying)

it gets boring after a while, especially since you only have two options: ctf instagib/ tdm normal weapons

and because they always play the same 4 shitty maps over and over again it tends to get really boring (there's even a jolt server with citadel only!)
Old October 26, 2003, 11:49   #4
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

double kill-multikill-ultrakill-megakill-monsterkill-ludicrous kill-wicked sick

killing spree-rampage-dominating-unstoppable-godlike (maybe rampage comes after dominating.. not sure)

and if you play invasion you have: annihilation/bloodbath/erradication/extermination/slaughter/termination but I don't konw in which order

and there's the flakmonkey, headhunter and combowhore titles
Old October 26, 2003, 14:53   #5
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

I remember playing UT lots of time, but I have almost not touched UT2K3 for several reasons:

- The maps are very boring
- There's no randomizing of the maps (I hated that from UT also)
- There's no interesting game-modes
- And it inherited all the boring stuff from UT

I've only played it once this year (At LAN party), I used the Action mod...

On a side-note: Why is it called UT2003, when it was released in 2002 (or was it 2001?)
Old October 26, 2003, 18:36   #6
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by ADG

On a side-note: Why is it called UT2003, when it was released in 2002 (or was it 2001?)
cause every single game in the world with year on their title name themselves release year + 1.

Quote:
double kill-multikill-ultrakill-megakill-monsterkill-ludicrous kill-wicked sick

killing spree-rampage-dominating-unstoppable-godlike (maybe rampage comes after dominating.. not sure)
Thats not all. Ive gotten "holy ****" once. I dunno if theres anything beyond that. I wanted to figure it out but its a bit hard to go above something like god-like and wicked sick...

Quote:
it gets boring after a while, especially since you only have two options: ctf instagib/ tdm normal weapons
why do you say that? you can download maps from the internet. Bombing run is fun if you're playing with good people and CTF is ALWAYS fun. Double domination is also a very interesting mode.

Of all the game modes though, I think low grav Zoom_instagib w/ CTF and Arena=Reedemer w/ deathmatch modes are the funniest game modes. Redeemer w/ deathmath just is so chaotic and CTF with zoom instagib is so hilarious. Once someone gets the flag, everyone including the teamate aims for the flag carrier!

Last edited by Zero; October 26, 2003 at 18:44.
Old October 26, 2003, 18:39   #7
Zero
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MattH
UT 2K3 supprised me- the 'feeling' of the game was so much different than UT. Maybe it's the field of vision, but I feel much less in controll. Another thing is that it doesn't respond to the scroll wheel on my mouse. That's really no fun.
thats weird. I like the UT2K3 feel better. Only thing I havent liked yet is that I have no idea to change the mouse sensitivity. Ive bcome a convert to a low mouse sensitvity believers.

scroll wheel works fine for me. You might wanna check if its just your mouse thats doing that with UT.
Old October 27, 2003, 08:22   #8
pg
Prince

i'm sure www.clanbase.com has leagues. a decent community is at www.prounreal.com . ut2k3 is actually a pretty good fps(it still doesn't come close to qw, or cpma though) but i still prefer quake overall. i also recommend you use ttm competitive mod as it has lots of features(think osp for q3). http://www.planetunreal.com/ttm/
Old October 27, 2003, 08:52   #9
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

I know verto, but in the end that's the only 2 gamemodes tthat are popular

double domination... I barely have a few servers for that; bombing run just the same..

i sometimes play it, but i'm simply not into that kind of game (q3 etc)

my game is SoF1 shotgun action!