Local Time: 11:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Apolyton radio -
Could someone please tell me the point.

I mean ... good god.
Old October 26, 2003, 14:04   #2
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 05:18
It's point is to counteract the O'Reilly Factor.

I would have thought that was obvious.
Old October 26, 2003, 14:10   #3
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 06:18
Maybe it's there because the OWNERS of this PRIVATELY OWNED site want to do it
Old October 26, 2003, 14:26   #4
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:18
Actually, I think it's a rather interesting addition to the "World of Apolyton."
Old October 26, 2003, 14:30   #5
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Actually, I think it's a rather interesting addition to the "World of Apolyton."
Hey, maybe we can pitch an "Apolyton Wide World of Sports."

Not sure that there are many sports on Apoly other than Spam Tossing though......
Old October 26, 2003, 14:31   #6
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Of course, I can never seem to get it to work...I click on the icon to listen, but nothing ever happends. Has anybody else experienced this?
Old October 26, 2003, 14:36   #7
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

radio?

What's on the radio?

Can I start my own anti-goverment radio show?
Old October 26, 2003, 14:43   #8
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Of course, I can never seem to get it to work...I click on the icon to listen, but nothing ever happends. Has anybody else experienced this?
Same here, fortunately they don't annouce the winning lottery numbers.
Old October 26, 2003, 14:58   #9
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Good. At least I know that I'm not the only one not being able to get the radio to work.

I guess even though the radio area/forum is up, there are still some problems on getting the radio to actually work...
Old October 26, 2003, 15:09   #10
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

I just assumed I didn't have compatible drivers for it.
Old October 26, 2003, 15:26   #11
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 06:18
I don't have a problem with Apolyton Radio. Don't use it much, but I have enjoyed it.

BTW Ming, I think we all get that part of it (at least those of us with positive IQ's). Never hurts to discuss things though...The OWNERS of this PRIVATELY OWNED site do have the ability to kill any thread that has a discussion they don't want to read. (But of course YOU already knew that)
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old October 26, 2003, 15:52   #12
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:18
It's great to keep up with the news while browsing the forums
Old October 27, 2003, 00:28   #13
DanQ
lifer
C4WDG Team ApolytonApolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 07:18
Quote:
Hi Wittlich.

Do you have RealPlayer (G2 or later) or RealOne installed on your computer? What error message(s) do you receive from the program or otherwise when you try to listen to a broadcast?

-------------
Dan; Apolyton CS
Old October 27, 2003, 01:18   #14
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Oops and Yes, I just noticed that. Normally I do not have Real Player because of the related spam from it .... but I will probably download it just to keep up to date with the "pulse" of Apolyton.

I'm going to bed now, but I will most likely D/L realplayer tomorrow and let you know what results I get.
Old October 27, 2003, 05:10   #15
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Is there a reason this (awfull) realplayer is used?
I've installed it many times but I just can't stand it and uninstall it almost immediately every time.
Old October 27, 2003, 05:33   #16
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 20:18
Apolt Radio... sounds intersting.
Old October 27, 2003, 12:13   #17
DanQ
lifer
C4WDG Team ApolytonApolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by alva
Is there a reason this (awfull) realplayer is used?
I've installed it many times but I just can't stand it and uninstall it almost immediately every time.
Hi Alva.

Yes, there is a reason why RealNetworks' technology is being used to power Apolyton's radio system. See http://apolyton.net/misc/radio/faq.shtml for more specifics. All you have to do is read it...

As for the software itself, and as previously stated, one can use any incarnation of RealPlayer G2+ or the newer RealOne player to listen to the broadcasts; the reason why older versions of the program are not supported is also explained in the document linked to above.

-------------
Dan; Apolyton CS
Old October 28, 2003, 10:21   #18
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

I've d/l RealOne and now Apolyton Radio works like a charm. Thanks Dan.
Old October 28, 2003, 11:48   #19
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
See http://apolyton.net/misc/radio/faq.shtml for more specifics. All you have to do is read it...
Interesting concept, this..what do you call it?...FAK or FAQ...
Old October 29, 2003, 03:55   #20
Asmodean
Civilization III Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Dan....your FAQ probably could do with an update.

Code:
Long term plans are to offer MP3 streams of ACSR on or by February, 2002.
Unless of course you live your life backwards

Hey...maybe that's it. Maybe Dan has solved the number one problem for science today. Why does time only have one direction?

Asmodean
Old October 29, 2003, 11:24   #21
DanQ
lifer
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Asmodean
Dan....your FAQ probably could do with an update.
Opps -- an oversight on my part. I have modified the document accordingly.

Thanks for pointing this out.

------------
Dan; Apolyton CS