ACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 06:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
2240 sent to Darsnan.
Old May 14, 2004, 20:45   #122
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 07:28
Phase One of "Operation Autumn Mist" is now complete! The Gaian Locusts now leave the ruined University lands and descend on those who thought to take advantage while the Gaians were engaged elsewhere. Phase Two of "Operation Autumn Mist" has started...

The Gaian Probe Team crouched low in the fungus, watching the Morganites roll over the local Gaian transcript defenders. The Probe Team pitied the local Gaians who were slaughtered in the brief engagement, but the local Gaians had known their place in nature, and had proceeded accordingly, regardless of the dangers.

The Gaian Probe Team readied themselves for engagement. They watched as the Morganite invaders brought in transport after transport of luxeries, regardless of the needs of the local population. The final straw was the gold plated toilets passing by the starving local children. The Gaian Probe Team went into action!

The Gaian Probe Team Leader broke open her satchel labeled "Atrocities", and dug around until she found what she was looking for. She pulled out a hermetically sealed container, and started reading the pamphlet that had accompanied the contents original owner:

Directions for Thine UnHoly Hand Grenade

1. Removest thine Unholy Hand Grenade from its cradle.
2. Pull the pin from thine UnHoly Hand Grenade.
3. Count not once, not twice, but thrice, and throw thine UnHoly Hand Grenade into the waters of thine enemy, and they shall wilt before you as the nonbelievers shall before the gaze of God!

The Gaian Probe Team stalked away, knowing their work was done. At a safe distance from the Morganic base, the leader contacted their home base, "Yes Sir, the atrocity has been committed. We have given the Morganites a bad case of 'Sister Miriam's Revenge' . You may launch your attack at any time.".

And so it was that the Morganites were caught with their pants down (literally speaking) when the Gaian Assault Forces counterattacked and retook all of the Morganites ill-gained conquests!

The GEF continues their advance!

Lord Darsnan

Gaian High Command

-=Vel=-
Old May 17, 2004, 07:40   #123
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 12:28
Turn 2240 to Hobbes
Old May 20, 2004, 08:48   #124
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

turn?
Old May 20, 2004, 22:16   #125
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mongoose
turn?
CEO Hobbes may need a little more time to "digest" the issues that are currently confronting him, especially given the atrocities that are currently plagueing him....

D

-=Vel=-
Old May 20, 2004, 23:39   #126
H0bbes
Emperor

Local Time: 13:28
I don't have the turn.

http://zanature.wordpress.com
Old May 21, 2004, 07:02   #127
H0bbes
Emperor

Turned to the beleguered Paul.

Hobbes

Old May 21, 2004, 07:25   #128
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

2141 to Mong.

One advantage of losing most of my bases is that it takes a lot less time to play my turn.
Old May 21, 2004, 11:15   #129
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

2241 sent to Darsnan.
Old May 21, 2004, 20:38   #130
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

The Gaian Plague of Locusts descends upon the Morganites, ravaging all that they see! Gaian Regulars advance in their wake, systematically eliminating any resistance that is met, and..... and.....and.....
Many Gaian bases have been destroyed! Large water filled craters now replace many sites previously occupied by Gaian cities! Someone has stabbed the Gaians in the back! Mongoose old buddy, I can't reach the knife sunk into my back! Can you pull the knife in my back out for me? Mongoose? Mongoose?
Argh! Mongoose has effectively eliminated (with nukes) all ripostes the Gaians might have mounted against the Data Angels transcending in two turns!
Anyone got a chance of touching the Angels in the next two turns, do it now, or the game is, like, over!

Turn to Herc.

D

-=Vel=-
Old May 22, 2004, 09:00   #131
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Turn 2241 to Hobbes
Old May 22, 2004, 13:21   #132
Hercules
Deity

Nothing I could do. Forgot to mention sea levels rise notification 233 in 20 years but I guess that doesn't matter now.
Old May 22, 2004, 21:01   #133
H0bbes
Emperor

On to Paul.

Remember that it ain't over till she sings.

Old May 23, 2004, 02:32   #134
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

2242 to Mong
Old May 23, 2004, 12:14   #135
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

2242 sent to Darsnan.
Old May 23, 2004, 18:06   #136
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

on to Herc.

-=Vel=-
Old May 24, 2004, 19:48   #137
H0bbes
Emperor

2242 to Paul.

Old May 25, 2004, 01:03   #138
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

2243 to Mong
Old May 25, 2004, 07:25   #139
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Game Over. Acendence achieved.

Any of you that want to see my last turn, send me a note to that effect.

Very interesting game concept here. Having no SPs puts quite a twist on the game, IMO.

I stole this one. Ten turns ago, I thought Paul had an insurmountable lead.

Ciao!
Old May 25, 2004, 07:55   #140
Hercules
Deity

It is sung. And it was a steal. Mind you the Consciousness was never in the running.

It is interesting that this is the second PBem game I have recently been involved in where the DA's thru good pacts and tech manouveurs have come out winning.

Congratulations.
Old May 25, 2004, 09:44   #141
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mongoose
Game Over. Acendence achieved.

I stole this one. Ten turns ago, I thought Paul had an insurmountable lead.
Well, congratulations Mong. It was a very interesting game, especially seeing how Krysia's Krusader had enhanced the Gaians above and beyond anything I ever could have done with them (especially in the diplomatic arena).
I think the one mistake I made was outlining to you my employment of the concept of schwerpunkt, and its major weakness - you took full advantage of it to eliminate any riposte I might have offered once you made your move! Oh well, me and my big mouth....
I would have to say I definately recommend the concept of no SP's for future PBEM's - definately a different twist (and strategizing) on the game!

D

-=Vel=-
Old May 25, 2004, 09:55   #142
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 21:28
Quote:
I think the one mistake I made was outlining to you my employment of the concept of schwerpunkt, and its major weakness
What is schwerpunkt? I never heard of that tactic before.
Old May 25, 2004, 13:45   #143
Hercules
Deity

I think I agree on the no SP angle. It would be nice to be in at the start of any similar, no SP, game set up.

Also I must say my predecessor in this game had the most unusual base naming convention.

Also Mong gave us a lesson in 'Instabuild' which was impressive. Still not sure how he did it.
Old May 25, 2004, 14:01   #144
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kody

What is schwerpunkt? I never heard of that tactic before.
Schwerpunkt is a German word (or phrase - I'm not sure which)and is associated militarily with centers of control, or power, and essentially can be thought of as a citadel, or built up base with lots of defenders and offensive units that are militarily responsible for control of a region/ front, both offensively and defensively. It is essentially the correct tactic to employ when keeping in mind the phrase "He who defends everything defends nothing".

D

-=Vel=-
Old May 25, 2004, 14:05   #145
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

The English equivalent is, AFAIK, warhead.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old May 25, 2004, 18:40   #146
H0bbes
Emperor

Cngratulations Mong. Two weeks in a row I've said that! I was a fairly late replacement but it was still interesting. It did make for a very different game, seemed very quiet up until quite late. It was fun using orbital defense pods & gravships though- don't get to do that too often!

Hobbes