Old October 29, 2003, 09:16   #1
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 12:29
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Round the Planet Yacht RAce: The Cuspidore's Cup
Draft

Round the Planet Yacht Race: The Cuspidore's Cup

The Peace Pirates wish to announce the details of a Round the Planet yacht race - Cruiser Transport - 6 MP ( in the case of the Cycon, with MCC, a foil 4MP transport.

The idea would be for each faction to nominate a waypoint that each yacht must pass through. The passage to the waypoint must be accessible and egressable (to be able to leave it) at all times a yacht is in reachable distance.

The craft itself is inviolable (from Human factions) until the end of the race.

Each faction would offer what 125/250 ecs to the winning yacht.

The race to start in 2160 for those who wish to participate. This allows time for Doc: Ini to be acquired by all and to allow building and positioning.

Views before posting in main forum.

(Some abilities back again)

Last edited by Hercules; October 29, 2003 at 09:33.
Old October 29, 2003, 10:46   #2
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 05:29
I love this idea!

Certainly adds some fun to it!

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old October 29, 2003, 13:13   #3
Mark123jansen
ACDG3 GaiansACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Warlord

great idea, with our superior maps, we are sure to win!
Old October 29, 2003, 13:15   #4
Mark123jansen
ACDG3 GaiansACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Warlord

though maybe we should allow participants to arm their "yacht", to account for some nice foul play during the race?
Old October 29, 2003, 14:56   #5
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

As a transport it can have armour like 3rt and maybe carry some interesting things (which it can't disembark) but max armament should be gun I think, otherwise it becomes a sea battle rather than a race.

However I do imagine there would be all sorts of 'dirty' tricks abroad such a whoever has the WP planting sea fungus after it leaves a waypoint, or leaving a route to the waypoint open but blocking the easier passage to it with scoop supplies. Or at some stage upgrading the craft within agreed limits.
Old October 29, 2003, 19:04   #6
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 04:29
.......or capturing an IoD and moving it to a waypoint then releasing it to the wild again just as another faction's yacht approaches..........
Old October 29, 2003, 22:51   #7
Hercules
Deity

Oh one other thing. The waypoint coordinates would be given as clues. Each faction setting its clue and posting the answer in its own forum so that Googlie could verify correct answer. When offering a solution by email or PM copied to Googlie the recieving faction must answer either yes or no. No blitzing of coordinates allowed though, like is 13,45. Is it 34 67.. etc.
Old October 31, 2003, 10:43   #8
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 05:29
very cool

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old November 1, 2003, 09:36   #9
Hercules
Deity

Alright if no further comments by end of today I 'll post in the main forum later tonight to have it launched on 1st November.