View Poll Results: Who will rule our city's?
Sparrowhawk 9 100.00%
Banana 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 29, 2003, 09:51   #1
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 13:29
Local Date: November 2, 2010
City Planner election
Sparrowhawk or the Banana
Old October 29, 2003, 10:29   #2
Brundlefly
Prince

Local Time: 07:29
banana!!
Old October 29, 2003, 11:20   #3
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 06:29
Feephi:

How long have you been posting here?

Nice to see some new people.
Old October 29, 2003, 12:24   #4
Six Thousand Year Old Man
Civilization II Succession Games
King

I'll need to see some intentions posted by the candidate(s) before I can decide...

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old October 29, 2003, 19:20   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 23:29
Pshaw! Sparrowhawk's maps and work so far should be more than enough to impress anyone to want him as CP.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 29, 2003, 20:21   #6
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

I'll be looking forward to work togther with Sparrowhawk to create an army the world has never seen
Old October 29, 2003, 20:23   #7
atawa
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Feephi
banana!!
DL?
Old October 29, 2003, 20:45   #8
Sparrowhawk
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

I looked forward to my previous terms as Science Minister and Foreign Minister with eagerness, and with the confidence that I could outdo the banana with ease (my opponent in both prior elections as well ).

I will confess that I find myself contrastedly (not sure if that is a word, but I like it ) underconfident in this election, and am still undecided who to cast my vote for (due to my lack of understanding of just how comprehensive a report is expected of me, but whomever is President should not be dissappointed, I have obtained a copy of a previous report, and already have ideas on how to improve upon it in my version).

Regardless of this, in this key time in the Apolyton Imperium, I can state with confidence that I will post more often then the banana, whether my posts will be with more intelligence then the banana's silence I cannot say .

This is my platform:
I propose to construct "white goods" (picked up that term recently from the succession games ) in those cities which require improvement to celebrate or to grow beyond their current size. We quickly have seen the benefits of celebrating to our Fundamentalist Government, and with more cities celebrating this can only improve. Also, should the citizens decide to return to a time of Scientific discovery, I propose we continue to build science improvements in those cities which will benefit from their construction.

Further, I propose that we continue to produce the "non-combatants" for our empire. Engineers to contruct the rails (or roads if necessary), and improve the gastly land we live in. Also, should the people decide we require more diplomats, we will continue to produce them, to bribe if possible , to bring down walls if necessary , and to assist in the ultimate descrution of all those that oppose the Imperium

Finally, I propose we produce those units needed to attack the remnants of the armies who stand against us...whether it is Calvary, Cannon or Howies matters not to me, if the people demand it, then build it we shall

Vote for me or vote for the banana, I am confident that either way, the Imperium will succeed in taking over the world

/me , Candidate for City Planner
Old October 30, 2003, 02:14   #9
Ljube
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 12:29
I left a solid infrastructure of trade improvements, but my suggestion of building roads around the cities had been rejected in favour of the railroad building at the time.

I don't regret that, but since we're celebrating now, we ought to improve the tiles in city radii a little bit more to support the celebration and use it to the full extent. No more colosseums please, except in the cities far away from the railroad network that have already completed marketplace, bank and stock exchange.

I support the idea of research, since we wont be needing all that money now that all civs are democracies. So, build libraries in our core and high trade cities.

You have got my vote
Old October 30, 2003, 02:52   #10
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
contrastedly underconfident
Conspicuously underconfident works better. This term stands out from the rest.

You have my vote...

Seems we are packing this election with Canadians.
Old October 30, 2003, 07:06   #11
duke o' york
Civilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 12:29
I'm happy with SH's manifesto, but I don't think we need scientific white goods any more. We'll need marketplaces to keep the proles celebrating, but we don't need libraries. We'll be able to take all of the techs we don't yet have from captured cities, and the tech rate isn't totally awful at the moment. Let's face it - we can't build a spaceship anyway so why do we need so many extra techs?
:hmm: