Old November 29, 2003, 19:36   #31
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 11:39
Local Date: November 2, 2010
84hrs and still going, on my first character - maybe i should pause the game when i take a food/loo break? I'm really trying to cover all the subplots, and i found another interesting one today while taking a couple of party members i usually leave behind.

(also got my first memmory loss bug thing - i ended up with two wookies on my ship!!).

@ Da Psycopath, yep a true lord of the sith
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old November 30, 2003, 00:26   #32
David Floyd
Emperor

I beat the game after ~30 hours, but I'm gonna do another run-through here. Still loving it
Old November 30, 2003, 23:56   #33
Kyle
Prince

Local Time: 07:39
I'm on Tattoine now, finished the wookie-land and Manaan first. I love the game and I don't generally (at all) play RPG's.

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc
Old December 1, 2003, 03:57   #34
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Quote:
The UI is obviously designed for the console, and although it isn't bad it is kind of strange for a computer game.
Oh, very true. At least it isn't too bad, though I had to get used to the 'movement'.

You have to love Bioware making this game. You can easily see aspects of Baldur's Gate in the game. The paused real-time combat first of all, and the way the dialog as well.

Btw, what are you classes?

I'm a Scout-Consular (I actually did pick what the questions indicated I should ).

And my party (like all the time) is:

Spoiler:
Bastila and Carth. Though I may try Zaalbar instead of Carth once in a while
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old December 1, 2003, 09:02   #35
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

I'm a scoundrel-sentinel.

I switch the party members around alot, usually going with whoever makes the most sense to have around at the time.

Do It Ourselves
Old December 1, 2003, 11:53   #36
Kyle
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Osweld
My only complaint is that it rather... 'consoley'. The UI is obviously designed for the console, and although it isn't bad it is kind of strange for a computer game. Surprisingly intuitive, though.
The UI was redesigned for PC. The console interface is different, from what I've read.

Quote:
The other thing I don't like is the teleport-back-to-base feature, and same for the changing party members at any time, at any place.... I also wish you could have more then two party members at a time, but oh well. The world design can feel a bit 'levelish' at times, aswell.

That's not exactly true. When you're on the Wookie homeworld, down in the Shadowlands, I wasn't able to go back to the Ebon Hawk or change party members. Ditto on Mannan during that certain main story mission.

I'm a soldier-consular. I carry red and yellow lightsabers. I usually have Bastilla with me, always good to have another with you. I'll change up the other character as needed, but I prefer to have three Jedi going when possible.

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc
Old December 1, 2003, 15:57   #37
Unspeakable Horror
Spanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 08:39
Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
You have to love Bioware making this game. You can easily see aspects of Baldur's Gate in the game. The paused real-time combat first of all, and the way the dialog as well.
Have you seen the "You have to gather your party before venturing forth" message? I was on Tatooine and for some reason one of my party members was stuck somewhere else and when I tried going into the cantina I saw it, I inmediately remembered BG Aahh... the memories
The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!
Old December 1, 2003, 17:28   #38
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
Have you seen the "You have to gather your party before venturing forth" message?
Yeah, I'm just glad there wasn't a voice speaking it over and over again (talking about 'Unspeakable Horror' ) .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Old December 2, 2003, 22:10   #39
Unspeakable Horror
Spanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 08:39
The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!
Old December 2, 2003, 22:20   #40
David Floyd
Emperor

My party composition definitely changes based on the needs. My utility droid, for example, has a computer skill of something like +35, so I use him for my slicing needs.

Generally, though, my party consists of Bastila and Jolee, and I'm a Soldier-Jedi Guardian. A Jedi Guardian, Sentinal, and Consular, all at once
Old December 3, 2003, 19:18   #41
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

I just had to have a blue lightsaber(and thus be a gaurdian), as it was lukes first lightsaber

My Epic KOTR game is on hold as i've finaly got all the correct hardware to play the origonal X-wing game with full sound and music.

one (kotr) step forward, two steps back to retro bliss
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old December 3, 2003, 19:38   #42
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
I just had to have a blue lightsaber(and thus be a gaurdian), as it was lukes first lightsaber
Just get a blue lightsaber crystal . I have a green saber for being a Sentinel and a purple short saber in my other hand .
Old December 17, 2003, 23:19   #43
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 05:39
KOTOR is one kick ass game. I love it.
Old December 17, 2003, 23:27   #44
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 05:39
Quote:
Originally posted by Osweld
Just curious... but does it actually give you a resolution higher then 640x480 for the 36' TV? I would hate to imagine how ugly it'd be if it didn't.
It's surprisingly good looking on the Xbox. I have played it on Xbox but also on the PC (Radeon 9800 Pro, Athlon 64 3200+).

I play it on the Xbox on a Sony WEGA XBR 36" (HDTV), though the game runs in 720x480. But the Xbox build has anti-aliasing turned on (though only Quincunx, but it does the job) and by how TVs work, anti-aliases a bit more with all of the filters.

It's just as playable on both, and looks great on both. Sounds better in Dolby Digital 5.1 on a 620W sound system though.
Old December 30, 2003, 09:21   #45
Stuie
King

Ok, so I got a $50 Best Buy card and no other games (that I care about) on the horizon. Should I get KOTOR? Are people still playing/enjoying it?
Old December 30, 2003, 09:56   #46
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Great game... GET IT .
Old December 30, 2003, 12:40   #47
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 06:39
I got this game (pc) for x-mas. Wow. Already played through once on the light as soldier-consular, next up is a dark female scoundrel-???? on the hard difficulty, I found normal to be fairly simple, though I did reload a bit due to untimely deaths.

I missed out on so many sidequests, mainly due to finishing Kashyyyyyyyyyk first, thus running all the offworlders offworld.

yavin nice to throw the pc'ers a bone, would like to be able to go down to yavin IV. There are two doors on the station that I couldn't open....

Starforge: I was so annoyed at my companions, they would stop and take out the soldiers and d.jedi at the rear. eventually I moved one, switced to solo, etc, etc.

They need to patch the droid room at the end,I was walking by and noticed the red sword above the door and bashed my way through without fighting anything

malak: easy once I figured out that destroy droid would take out the jedit (lucky for me, that was the only spell I had that worked on them)

great game, loved it, will play a ton.

oh, pazaak-what's it good for? cash only? waste of time to me.
Old December 30, 2003, 12:48   #48
Space05us
King

Local Time: 23:39
I started a new game this morning, all i can say is Morrowind ruins everything
Old December 30, 2003, 12:52   #49
The Emperor Fabulous
Civ4 SP Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 04:39
I thought they were going to release this on PS2 as well?
Old December 30, 2003, 15:12   #50
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
oh, pazaak-what's it good for? cash only? waste of time to me.
Cash... it's a fun side game .
Old December 30, 2003, 15:46   #51
Space05us
King

Local Time: 23:39
Pazaak; fun until you lose all your money, and only find out an hour later after reading Primas Strategy Guide that the ****er you were playing against cheats!
Old December 31, 2003, 07:13   #52
Jethro83
Prince

Local Time: 21:39
It isn't an easy thing to get me off my usual Civ III, Neverwinter Nights and Freelancer, but KOTOR does it. Even though I've already been through it a couple of times.

Everything from the plot that is far superior to any of the table scraps of George Lucas in the movies, to the deep, well-written characters superior to the characters of the movies to the spectacular fight scenes, to the annoying, clumsy come-on lines you can blurt out to Bastila every once in a while (as well as her ill-tempered responses). I just love it.
Old December 31, 2003, 09:26   #53
Stuie
King

Well I'm convinced - sounds like fun. I'll be stopping at Best Buy on the way home today and ringing in the New Year with a light saber.
Old January 26, 2004, 00:59   #54
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

just finished the game. It is a good game, but I still feel it is overrated. Too much linearity, not much character variation. Because of this replayability is limiited. I will play as the dark side, but from what I can tell, the darkside looks to play almost exactly like the lightside. I don't think there will be much plot variation- except for the end- but even that looks like it will be similar. I won't know until I actually replay it though.
Old January 26, 2004, 01:11   #55
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

also for anyone interested. I can play the game despite not meeting the minimum requirements.

I have a p3 700, with 256 megs of ram and a geoforce 2 MX/MX 400 video card.

the game runs pretty good- though I run it at 800 X 600 resolution.
Old January 26, 2004, 02:58   #56
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
just finished the game. It is a good game, but I still feel it is overrated. Too much linearity, not much character variation. Because of this replayability is limiited. I will play as the dark side, but from what I can tell, the darkside looks to play almost exactly like the lightside. I don't think there will be much plot variation- except for the end- but even that looks like it will be similar. I won't know until I actually replay it though.
I think you'll be suprised. There are a few interesting quests that light can't do, the uh...genoharadrin (sp? har har) on Manaan for example, killing quite a few guys as a bounty hunter and picking up some good loot in the process.

Also if you are a female, you can be the love interest of Carth.

Oh yeah, you can have Zaalbar do something really evil at the star forge planet....

Its fun to be evil. Oh that's dustil, your son carth? Sorry we had to put him down. hahahahahaha
Old January 26, 2004, 03:02   #57
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

yes evil is usually more fun . I do want to play the dark side.

I was a female on the light side, but I couldn't seem to get any Carth romance. I had no idea there were romances in this game. What do I have to do?
Old January 26, 2004, 03:08   #58
asleepathewheel
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
yes evil is usually more fun . I do want to play the dark side.

I was a female on the light side, but I couldn't seem to get any Carth romance. I had no idea there were romances in this game. What do I have to do?
Hm I don't know. I was an evil *****, so he didn't talk much after I dusted his son.

Now an evil man will be fun. Slight romance with bastilla. (that kinky *****, have you put her in dark jedi robes then removed them.

And romance is only a little flirting here and there, nothing big.
Old January 26, 2004, 04:11   #59
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

although during the toture sequence my pc sometimes acted like she was in love with Carth. He was the one tortured. but I didn't get any hot and steamy romance talk. Except at the very beginning when Carth was flirting. I may have said the wrong thing, I didn't think I did.

No biggie. I feel strange playing a female character and wanting to get it on with Carth

I couldn't get the romances to work in NNW: HOTU either.

I guess as in real life, I can't seem to get anyone to love me . I don't want games to be that realistic.
Old January 26, 2004, 09:15   #60
Stuie
King

I'm on my second go-round. I played through as a female light-sider, always trying to avoid dark-side points. Now I'm playing as a male dark-sider, trying to avoid light-side points. It's been different, but not altogether different. I am pursuing more quests than I did the first time through.

As for "romance", I managed to get Bastila to take me back to the crew quarters on the Ebon Hawk, but only got a kiss out of her. Then she gave me some line about resolving our missions before figuring out where our relationship was going.

The only other action I've gotten was from the twi'lek slaves on Taris. I loved Bastila's comments during that exchanged.

It's funny, I've missed the whole Carth sub-plot because I can't stand him, so he never goes on missions with me. I've got Juhani and Canderous trained as excellent melee fighters - give Canderous the sword of Arjun Pall (or whatever the name was) and he makes a damn good melee fighter despite not being a Jedi.