View Poll Results: Bush is a good president?
Aye 31 22.14%
Nay 103 73.57%
Banana (I could care less) 6 4.29%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 16, 2003, 17:54   #151
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

Local Time: 03:43
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I hate being ignored when I go to the trouble of making the point in big bold letters.

See ya in while, crocodile.
Old November 16, 2003, 18:45   #152
NeOmega
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned

NeOmega, do you want to join the list of felons?

I'll fight for my right...... TO PARRRTTTTAAAYYYYY!!!!

Big ol' Bush pinata!

PARTY PARTY PARTY!
Old November 17, 2003, 00:31   #153
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 06:43
Quote:
I will not do it for any other candidate except Dean, since my statement was based on Dean's grassroots support.
Deal.

3 months is a long time though. I'm pleased you trust me that much.
Old November 17, 2003, 05:30   #154
NeOmega
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
3 months is a long time though. I'm pleased you trust me that much.
I am sure you'll keep what I tell you to have written in your location field the whole time.
Old November 18, 2003, 15:06   #155
Saint Marcus
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 12:43
Recent article in (usually pro-Bush) The Economist shows that the American budget deficit will rise even further under Dubya, and heavily criticises it. It's a timebomb waiting to explode. Hell, the supposedly right-wing Dubya is spending more money than even the most left wing parties here in Holland!
Old November 18, 2003, 15:24   #156
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 07:43
Quote:
Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
2 - It's not a crime to say you'd cheer, or that all sorts of nasty things should happen to POTUS.

3 - It is a crime to actually make threats to carry out an assassination attempt.

In reality, the latter is rarely prosecuted, and then generally when someone is starting to act in that direction, on their own, or in a group, but they're caught before you can charge for an attempted assassination or conspiracy.
Tell that to the guy in Souix City, IA who did six months for saying he'd "like to see a burning Bush," when the President was nearby. The SS under this administration has been particularly vindictive. In the U.S., protestors are not allowed anywhere near the President, on the authority of the SS. If' you're standing there with an anti-Bush sign waiting for his motorcade, you can be arrested (and many people have been), though folks with pro-Bush signs are unmolested. There was an article a couple of weeks back on Salon about it.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old November 19, 2003, 05:22   #157
Ned
King

Che and MtG, I also hardly think that the location of the person outside the United States makes any difference to whether a crime has taken place in the United States, especially, if the threat is communicated to the United States. If that person comes to the US, I am sure the SS would arrest him. How is this situation any different from any other terrorist who threatens to kill the president outside the US, and then is arrested as he gets off the plane in, just as an example, Chicago?
Old November 19, 2003, 05:33   #158
NeOmega
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
Che and MtG, I also hardly think that the location of the person outside the United States makes any difference to whether a crime has taken place in the United States, especially, if the threat is communicated to the United States. If that person comes to the US, I am sure the SS would arrest him. How is this situation any different from any other terrorist who threatens to kill the president outside the US, and then is arrested as he gets off the plane in, just as an example, Chicago?
Now you are just lying. You claim you are "sure" the "SS" (I can't help but notice you turned someone into the "SS" for disagreeing with your "fuhrer", and then threatened me for saying I'd throw a party if said "fuhrer" were assassinated) back to my point, you are "sure" the "SS" would arrest Evil Knevil, when you know damn well they took a look at your e-mail and rolled their eyes.
I mean, do you really, actually think if evil Knevil were to ever visit the US, the secret Service would pounce on him for threatening the president? Better yet, do you actually think they are even going to take the time to find his real name and address? Fat chance.

YOU VEEL LOVE BUSH!
Old November 19, 2003, 05:37   #159
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 06:43
Quote:
I am sure you'll keep what I tell you to have written in your location field the whole time.
Well, than what about 2 weeks? If I'm making a bet, I expect all terms to be honoured.
Old November 19, 2003, 05:37   #160
Ned
King

NeOmega, I am not threatening you.

Che, however, believes that the SS is very religious about enforcing the law. I think they just might arrest you-know-who if what he said was a crime in the US and he came here voluntarily. That is what we are discussing at this juncture.
Old November 19, 2003, 06:38   #161
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 07:43
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned

Che, however, believes that the SS is very religious about enforcing the law. I think they just might arrest you-know-who if what he said was a crime in the US and he came here voluntarily. That is what we are discussing at this juncture.
That would be a hell of an extraterritorial law.

Most crimes are only prosecutable in the jurisdiction in which they're committed. There are very few extraterritorial laws applied against noncitizens. At worst he'd be denied access to the US. If he was a US citizen living abroad or in the US at the time of making a threat then he could be arrested when possible.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old November 19, 2003, 16:29   #162
NeOmega
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Well, than what about 2 weeks? If I'm making a bet, I expect all terms to be honoured.
I am sure you can honor 3 months just fine.
Old November 19, 2003, 16:33   #163
NeOmega
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
NeOmega, do you want to join the list of felons?
Sounds like a threat to me.

Quote:
Yup, and it is what I was discussing. The SS doesn't care about a flame-fest at a game-fan site. Do you have any clue how many people say they'd like to kill Bush every day? Or Clinton when he was in office? There has to be substance to the threat for the SS to act.