Old July 20, 2004, 20:03   #451
snoopy369
PtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG VoxC4DG The HordeC4DG Gathering StormC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4DG SarantiumC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMAge of Nations TeamPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Team BananaApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Euphorica
Deity

Local Time: 06:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
probably needs a bump to him. I'll email him.
Old July 20, 2004, 22:32   #452
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 07:48

Yup - needed a bump. Thanks snoop. Sorry folks. My bad. Save to snoopy.
Old July 20, 2004, 22:51   #453
snoopy369
PtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG VoxC4DG The HordeC4DG Gathering StormC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4DG SarantiumC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMAge of Nations TeamPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Team BananaApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Euphorica
Deity

You $#%#$!! How DARE you cause this game to stall? We shall just have to flog you to ensure nobody else causes it to stall.

Ok, consider yourself flogged.

Oh, sent to SirOsis.
Old July 22, 2004, 12:50   #454
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:48
2640BC Turn sent to Conmcb.

Version 1.15
Old July 24, 2004, 02:06   #455
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

This was sent to me in v1.22 so akulla must be okay with it.

2640bc to Beta
Old July 24, 2004, 08:34   #456
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

I hope 1.22 is OK

Because right now I have a dual install on TWO computers just to play this PBEM.

If its OK that dual install is gonna get zapped!

I played in 1.15
Old July 27, 2004, 00:29   #457
snoopy369
Deity

lol
dual install isn't that bad. Really, assuming you have hd space to spare for it, just have 2 separate folders and 2 shortcuts on your desktop to the 2 .exe files. Given that the .exe file is in the folder (and thus the directory structure is intact) you don't have to have a "conquests" directory with the right stuff in it -- i think it has to technically exist but i have 3 folders - conquests, conquests1.15 and conquests 1.22, the latter 2 have shortcuts on the desktop to their respective Civilization3x.exe or whatever files ... and it works great. ^^
Old July 27, 2004, 07:37   #458
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

to snoopy.

I played it in 1.22 as that is how I got it from Rhothaerill.
Old July 27, 2004, 09:10   #459
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by snoopy369
lol
dual install isn't that bad. Really, assuming you have hd space to spare for it, just have 2 separate folders and 2 shortcuts on your desktop to the 2 .exe files. Given that the .exe file is in the folder (and thus the directory structure is intact) you don't have to have a "conquests" directory with the right stuff in it -- i think it has to technically exist but i have 3 folders - conquests, conquests1.15 and conquests 1.22, the latter 2 have shortcuts on the desktop to their respective Civilization3x.exe or whatever files ... and it works great. ^^
I know its NOT that bad but I do PBEMs to have some fun. Constantly trying to remember which one is 1.15 and which one is 1.22 just gets old. And just sucks up time, I feel for me anyway is best spent elsewhere.

So if we are 1.22 in this one. Im zapping the dual install. I dont need to suck up the extra hard drive space on my laptop anyway.
Old July 27, 2004, 16:03   #460
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

I concur conmcb....especially if this game is the only one that is still played in v1.15 (it is for me....or hopefully "was").
Old July 27, 2004, 20:08   #461
snoopy369
Deity

sent on (in 1.22) ... i'm happy to keep it in 1.22 if everyone else is ^^
Old July 27, 2004, 20:09   #462
snoopy369
Deity

oh and I apologize if I underoffer (or overoffer tho i'm sure you're not objecting there) on any tech for gpt trades -- i'm not completely familiar with tech valuations in this scenario. Send me an email (my nick @ yahoo) and i'll negotiate
Old July 29, 2004, 11:50   #463
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Well, I too am not too familiar with the actual values of individual techs...That could be a good or a bad thing...

2600BC Turn sent to Conmcb - Version 1.22
Old July 29, 2004, 18:10   #464
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

2600BC to Akkula

Version 1.22
Old August 4, 2004, 20:04   #465
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Anybody seen akkula?????

Its almost been a week
Old August 4, 2004, 20:08   #466
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Ya know, if we don't hear from Akkula in the next couple of days, I'm all for retiring him from this game.

So who IS the administrator of this game....and please don't tell me it's Akkula!
Old August 4, 2004, 20:11   #467
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Hell I dont even know, I replaced richtur as a favor to Beta and Rhoth.

This is a fun one though, Im enjoying it.
Old August 4, 2004, 20:13   #468
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Peww! Nope...it looks like SirOsis is the Admin for this game.

So, what does everyone else say? So far the stumbling block for getting this game moving has been Akkula ... I say we move on without him. Who's all with me?
Old August 4, 2004, 20:35   #469
snoopy369
Deity

Um, anything that allows this game to move on is a good idea. I'm sure someone would take the place...
Old August 4, 2004, 21:44   #470
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Anybody seen akkula?????

Its almost been a week
He passed this on to me this afternoon. I'll play it here pretty soon.
Old August 4, 2004, 22:09   #471
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Ok good

Im in fewer PBEMs than a few months ago, but Id like to keep the ones I have going
Old August 4, 2004, 22:18   #472
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

2600bc to Beta
Old August 4, 2004, 22:36   #473
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Thanks for stepping up to the plate Rhoth!

are you playing two civs in the same game Rhoth?

Ah, never mind...had to re-read the past posts again for it all to sink in....ok, call me slow on the uptake.

So I take it that Akkula is still with us then...

Last edited by Wittlich; August 4, 2004 at 22:42.
Old August 4, 2004, 22:44   #474
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Thanks for stepping up to the plate Rhoth!

are you playing two civs in the same game Rhoth?

Ah, never mind...had to re-read the past posts again for it all to sink in....ok, call me slow on the uptake.

So I take it that Akkula is still with us then...
You're slow on the uptake.

Yep he's still here. He just doesn't post.
Old August 5, 2004, 08:04   #475
Beta
lifer
Deity

Interesting concept for a game though. 4 players - 8 civs. Hmmmm. Maybe two continents.

Save to snoopdog.
Old August 5, 2004, 10:33   #476
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
Save to snoopdog.
I see his new nickname is catching on
Old August 5, 2004, 16:27   #477
SirOsis
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 12:48
I don't have anytime for civ anymore.

I've put all my games up for "sale". I've had a great time for the past couple years and will still hang around the forums. Just very little time for gaming.

If you know anyone interested in picking up some more games send them over to the sale thread.

Thanks again!
Old August 5, 2004, 19:10   #478
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

I'm beginning to think that during set-up of PBEMs we shouldn't be putting the names of the players in. This game now has only three of the original players, and even one of the subs has been replaced.
Old August 5, 2004, 19:32   #479
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 20:48
I will play
Old August 5, 2004, 19:35   #480
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
I will play
Cool. This is one of the PBEMs I still enjoy. Hopefully it will start zipping along again.