Old November 5, 2003, 21:14   #31
monolith94
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 07:56
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Once I dreamt that I was a governmade creation - like a superhero. I remember I had to fight David Floyd because he didn't like how the taxpayers had to pay for me. The funny thing is, I knew it was him, but he looked like calvin coolidge with muscles.
Albert Speer
Old November 5, 2003, 22:08   #32
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 06:56
I used to have recurring dreams growing up, it would all start in the basement. The had a big furnace, that would always rumble, and a pitch dark room that would scare me.

Always it would start with the monsters coming from that room, and I would start in some corner of the house, either my first room upstairs, or some other nook and cranny.

Generally, I would have to watch the monsters walking up and down the stairs at night, going from a lit upstairs, lighting their silhuette as the monsters walked down to the room with the furnace.

The monsters would start with the more physical bogies, and move to the more ethereal ghosts that could pass through walls.

Generally, if I was in my room, I would be safe, except from the ethereal ghosts, that I would peek at from under the covers, and see them pass through the door.

Once I got upstairs, I would start fighting back, trying to drive the physical monsters back downstairs. Sometimes the direct approach would work, other times, my sword would melt and I'd have to run and hide somewhere, and if the ethereal ghosts came, that would generally be the end, they would find me and I would wake up with a start.

Rarely, I would make it to the room with the furnace, and see all the ghosts swirling around. Those were the most frightening parts of the recurring dream, since it meant sneaking past the monsters, and opening the door into the furnace room.

After I was 12, or so, the dreams stopped. I'm not sure why, and I have not had them since.
Old November 6, 2003, 00:23   #33
Zkribbler
Deity

Local Time: 04:56
Quote:
Originally posted by Japher
I shall interpret your dreams!

Zkibbler - you are being kept from something you want and you do not know how to obtain it for something/someone you trust/respect is hindering you.
That is shockingly accurate.
Old November 6, 2003, 16:57   #34
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 14:56
Just woke up from a nap.. maaaan one of those super weird ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now listen to this:

It started with I having a birthday. It was ok, but not many of my friends showed up. But whole lots of people I hardly knew showed up, plus few who I really didn't.
It was ok, they all gave me nice presents..
Then some woman introduced my new place to everyone, I don't know who she was.. but it was a good presentation. Then she lead everyone out, first embarrasing me by showing that I haven't cleaned up in some days..

She left the backdoor open and this family comes in. Man, woman and their daughter. The man starts talking to me, and he can't say what he wants to say.. he's just trying to figure a nice way to say it. I say 'spit it out!' and he drops some money on my bed and says 'please, you know.. you know... please make less noise next time you masturbate' and then they left really quickly. I was like WTF? I make noises? Why did he give me money?

Then my party guests come back inside. I see two girls within the guests. Nice. Somehow we are now in car, me and those girls. I'm driving, it's late at night 'yeah let's check out my new job place!' .. So we drive, but I'm clearly driving little too fast in the parking lot and CRAP my new boss sees me there.. 'who's in your room?' the girls ask 'it's my boss..' and it's weird and suspicious, and it's the Yukos guy who Putin just had arrested. Now I realize I need to get out of here, but the parking road is slippery and I seem to spin a lot with my car.

We drive fast in small streets and then I see a pub. 'THERE WAS A PUB NEAR HERE I KNEW IT!' like it was good news and awesome. But I need to continue speeding, because I'm been chased. Somehow we manage to escape.. it's dark and it's supercold winter. I stop the car, because this is where my girlfriend wants me to stop. She gets out, and she says 'no you can't come with us' and they leave to a party and I hear one of them saying 'what a loser.. hihihi'.. It's cold, and I think I should be leaving the scene and forget alla bout it, but somehow I stay there standing and waiting for them to come back.. it'll be hours, but I'll stand right here.

So I did. They come and I try to score sympathy points, for nothing. Then we get back into car and I really make up my mind, I'm not taking this. Argument starts and the girls leave spitting at me. But one of them stays. She's pretty I'äm thinking.. Pretty and nice. And sensitive. And is interested.. but clearly ashamed of his friends behaviour to a point that she can't say anything. I say it's ok, get in let's go. I feel good!

So, we manage to drive a very short time and the Yukos guy starts chasing us! Damn! I speed up and it's dark and suddenly, we become airborne.. Oh **** I just drove of a cliff and we both are going to die! At this point I haven't yet touched her or really talked to her, but I grab her head like a football and push myself against it.. she calms down a little, but we're both pretty upset right now. I kiss her head few times and repeat 'it's going to be alright, dont' worry.. it's not goign to hurt.. I'm with you..'. Then I looked outside, why haven't we crashed? Then I really get optimistic 'hey, it's ok, we're already in heaven!' 'we are?' she says.. 'yes.. have you noticed.. we have been dropping for a long time now.. it's not possible!'.. so we're kind of starting to feel good.. but I'm thinking 'what if I'm wrong? and there's horror to pay in matter of seconds'... But we hug and it's ok. then suddenly I notice we dive through clowds. ****! It just was a very very high cliff! I see buildings and..... SLAM!

Thne some various clips..
I remember introducing my storage where I'm supposed to retreat if its' troubles.. but it's not a fall out shelter.. but some kind of a shelter for sure.
Then they all burst into laugh.. I notice all my 'food' is past expiration date. I notice 'damn.. these only lasts two weeks anyway'.. I had bought stupid stuff and didn't have a clue what I should buy. Stupid.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old November 6, 2003, 17:19   #35
Pekka
Emperor

THe worst part of this whole dream was that when I finally found someone, a nice girl.. someone you feel this is right, like seconds after I drive off the cliff and we die. How Thelma and Louise like..
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old November 7, 2003, 07:06   #36
Verres
Settler

Local Time: 11:56
All my dreams seem to involve talking fruit that can fly. So much cheaper than LSD...
Old November 7, 2003, 07:32   #37
Az
Emperor

Quote:
and was a fox-squirrel thingie trying to jump through glowing rings in a train while being chased by Abraham Lincoln.
You're a gay furry. congratulations.
Old November 8, 2003, 09:52   #38
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 11:56
Quote:
Originally posted by Whaleboy
MRT144: Are you Drogues dl?
WTF? I've never dreamed anything much like that

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old November 8, 2003, 14:02   #39
monolith94
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 07:56
I woke up this morning to a knock of door, of people begging me to turn my alarm off. This sudden inturruption caused me to forget my dream completely. Damn.
Albert Speer
Old November 8, 2003, 14:42   #40
Paul Hanson
King

Local Time: 12:56
Quote:
Originally posted by monolith94
Once I dreamt that I was a governmade creation - like a superhero. I remember I had to fight David Floyd because he didn't like how the taxpayers had to pay for me. The funny thing is, I knew it was him, but he looked like calvin coolidge with muscles.
Best...dream...ever

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.