Old April 8, 2000, 00:55   #1
arii
Prince

Local Time: 23:01
Local Date: October 30, 2010
The asano clan shall rise again
Matt and I want to get our old tribe back together and maybe get some tribe games going. All the former members are welcome back.
Be afraid, we are fierce competitors.
Old April 8, 2000, 01:07   #2
ColdWizard
Civilization II MultiplayerGameLeagueNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 19:01
when you scrape together some players, post in my game league thread please (lists of tribe members)
Old April 8, 2000, 21:21   #3
SmartFart
Civilization II MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEM
King

Local Time: 01:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I am interested.
All we need is Makeo now. I guess he'll be home in about a month or so.
Old April 8, 2000, 23:57   #4
Matthew
Prince

FEAR oh ye who would call yourselves allmighty, and TREMBLE all ye who would call yourselves divine !!!! For the day is at hand when the mighty ASANO should unite, and the time is soon fulfilled when those chosen by the hand of Makeo shall in geat power be joined !!!!!

It did come to pass that one that calleth himself after the order of darkness, yea, even the Eyes of Night did speak boldly with many boastful words of his great prowress, and even more so of another, with whom he had joined in combination.
But hath this one not often partaken of the wrath of Arritea? Hath he not known defeat at the hands of Arrii? And it cometh to pass in a recent time that he doth also flee from before the face of one that Farteth in great wisdom, even the great Ophidity. And what shall he do when the time cometh that he doth face them both?

It shall come to pass in that day that the dark one shall whine in a loud voice, KAAK !! KAAK !! where art thou, KAAK? Hast thou forgotten me, oh great KAAK?

But there shall be no answer, and a response shall not come. For behold, doth the leader of a vanquished civ have ears? Or do mere mortals who have died reply to the calls of they who did so foolishly worship them?

And the time is at hand when he who didst found the great clan shall return from his long sojourn in a land far, far away from the land of his fathers. He shall teach you of the ways of war. yea, even lessons that ye would that ye should not learn shall he teach, and in the ways of defeat he shall instruct you, with Crusaders that are as the sands of the sea in number.

Days do grow long, and the clime doth grow warm. Yea, soon are the days when he who doeth physics shall have repose. What will ye do when he turneth the full might of his intellectual prowress upon civ?
What will ye do when he doth learn of your ways and comprehend them better than ye do? And what of his ways? Know ye of his ways? Can ye also thrive in his world, as he soon will in yours?

And others there are of whom I have not yet spoken. Let them also hear the call of the clan to whom they belong. Let all the lost children of Asano return !!!!!

Matthew, Physics Dude of the HOUSE of BUBBA.
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Matthew (edited April 09, 2000).]</font>
Old April 9, 2000, 14:14   #5
KhanMan
Prince

Matt and Co.-The Sayen Tribe welcomes the return of the Great Asano Clan, and looks hungrily towards the day when we may meet in battle.

I. for one, look forward to sparring against my old friends and enemies, for, yea, shall even Makeo learn that his hordes shall not rule uncontested!

Let the enemies of the Divine rise up to crush those who would rule civ-dom!

-KhanMan, Honorable Member of the Sayen Tribe
Old April 9, 2000, 21:26   #6
Eyes Of Night

When you guys can play 3 on 1, then you can talk to me. And as for kaak, he's just getting back into it and is not familiar with some of the new strategies that have come into play. He will be a great force once again soon enough.

Old April 9, 2000, 23:06   #7
Kaak
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 17:01
Matthew, your hollow words fall upon deaf ears. In only one game has arri faced kaak, and in that game i was not the victor. But as for the insignifigant vermin that you pretend you are great enough to be, FACE ME. You shall fall quickly and fall hard. For who is matthew? Few know, and fewer care. Kaak has returned. But he has been banished from the realm of Multiplayer civ2 for 3/4 of a year. My skills have tarnished, but soon enough they will be polished and deadly. However, even in my rustic state, I will make you bow your head in homage should you choose to face me. And as for your tribe? Hehe...No more of a threat to us now that you were then. Begone back to the hole under the rock you crawled out of.

------------------
Kaak
Tribe of the Divine

To fail to try is the only true failure...
Old April 9, 2000, 23:19   #8
arii
Prince

Eyes I don't understand why you take so much pride in loosing a 3 on 1 game. I think any newby would also loose a 3 on 1 game. What is so extraordinary?
Old April 10, 2000, 11:58   #9
Matthew
Prince

Prepare thyself, oh great KAAK. Might thy return to thy former great prowress be swift, ang mayest thou assimilate quickly that which is new. Yea, return quickly to thy former greatness, that the glory of the Asano tribe might be full upon our geat victories over thy tribe.
Old April 10, 2000, 19:48   #10
Eyes Of Night

Arii I don't expect you to understand. You didn't see the game, you don't understand that I learned a great deal from it. You also didn't see that all was not lost yet as I was not falling behind. Newbie? HA! I'm going to sit back and watch kaak make short work of you. Also, I find it amusing that you like to find so many people that cheat. Soon all of apolyton will be considered cheaters by you. LOL That's in reference to the questions you asked ROC about kaak and then replied with "hummmm..." and "curious" and "Does he always like to host". How pathetic.

------------------
EyesOfNight
Evil Desciple of the Hut Goddess
Second in Command to Master Kaak of the Divine Tribe
Star of "The Hut goddess and her Naughty Disciples" Rated XXX

Old April 10, 2000, 20:56   #11
arii
Prince

You are just destorting everything eyes! I ask ROC how he fared against kaak as I am interested in knowing how the legend has been doing so far. I ask him if kaak was the host because I believe being the host gives you a small advantage. I don't tell lies and I don't try to distort comments to make it sound bad unlike some people.
Old April 10, 2000, 22:11   #12
Eyes Of Night

I'm going by what ROC told me arii. And for someone who likes to look at maps and then tell their opponents that the game is "void" should not even talk to me about distorting.

Old April 10, 2000, 23:25   #13
Matthew
Prince

And as for your personal challenge, Kaak, I am currently in 3 or 4 continuing games, so my time is limited right now. I don't know that my Wednesday game will be continued this week. Also, on Saturday the diplo game I'm in should be over by 10:30 eastern.

2x1x Diety, restless tribes. And shall we say no city bribe? Should I be victorious I would be more than happy to play you at settings of your choosing.

Fall? Perhaps. Fall hard? No, because it's just a game and hardly worth being worked up over. The worst that could happen is that you could whip me good, and I would learn from it by looking at the saves.
ICQ 26064384.

You talk about the style of play having changed a lot since you have been gone. And it has. But it surprises me that you would need much adjustment, because I think that the biggest changes have come largely as a result of the influence of John Barbarossa and yourself, brief though the time may have been that you participated at this site before.
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Matthew (edited April 10, 2000).]</font>
Old April 11, 2000, 01:13   #14
KhanMan
Prince

Arii-Don't get worked up over Eyes: by now, the vast majority of apolyton players have seen through his smoke-screen of boasting, cursing, and insults. Don't waste time on him.

Matt-
"Fall? Perhaps. Fall hard? No, because it's just a game and hardly worth being worked up over. The worst that could happen is that you could whip me good, and I would learn from it by looking at the saves."

Ahh, that is why I love apolytoners: because we learn from our mistakes, and no that, in the end, it's not really a life-and-death matter, if we lose a game.

-KhanMan of the Sayen
Old April 15, 2000, 16:10   #15
Makeo
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
King

Local Time: 16:01
Hurray, Hurray, Long live the Asano Clan.

Makeo shall return.
Old April 15, 2000, 17:09   #16
KhanMan
Prince

Makeo? MAKEO?

Let the heavenly hosts ring in chorus of "halleuiahs"!

Sayen Tribe stands ready to meet any challenge from the Asano Clan...

-KhanMan, the reformed Honorable Lesser Sayen by the grace of DarkStorm's civ...
Old April 15, 2000, 17:52   #17
Matthew
Prince

Already the prophecy beginneth to be fulfilled!!!!!
Old April 15, 2000, 20:52   #18
SmartFart
King

Hey
This is a pleasant surprise!
What took you so long?
I really missed our duels.

------------------
No i ain't doing much,doing nothing means alot to me (AC/DC)
Old April 16, 2000, 23:34   #19
arii
Prince

Good to hear from you Makeo!
When are you due back in aussie land?
We will try to hold the fort until you are back.
Old April 17, 2000, 15:12   #20
Makeo
King

Hello Hello. I will be back home in about 3 weeks.
Old May 20, 2000, 22:29   #21
Makeo
King

Arii and I started a game with the Sayen tribe.
Smartfart and Matt are you guys available to fill in this week?
Old May 22, 2000, 11:50   #22
SmartFart
King

I cannot play today. I am free tomorrow and on thursday.
Old May 22, 2000, 21:22   #23
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 17:01
After a nice nap, Dangime, Great Diety of All Tribes rolled over from his heavenly couch to view his tribely underlings. And to his great pleasure the struggles were great, however no tribe had truely obtained anything worth noticing...and the best were mere city-states...so Dangime went back to sleep.