Old December 19, 2003, 21:50   #91
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 07:59
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Theseus,

It's amazing this thread has gone on so long...about nothing. Well, not entirely nothing...there have been a few oasis of information floating around ...somewhere.

We do a lot of EVM/EVA also...
Old December 19, 2003, 22:20   #92
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Well, first off, I agree, this is a most bizarre thread.

But from insanity comes... blue sky thinking.

EVA as applied to Civ3? A whole new game economics paradigm... MEASURE IT!! A Granary... net Value Added over what time-frame?

Where's alexman?!

[Only on a Civ forum, kids, only here]
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old December 19, 2003, 22:33   #93
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Toss in a little TQM and make everyone submit Gantt charts before starting a game! Then you create your IDEF diagram (only five levels) to justify your science plan.

Instead of advisors, try the executive board and stockholder review panel.

Absolutely no one would buy the game...but it would make such a lovely business training tool.....wait, I must go develop my next "get rich quick" scheme....I might be able to market this.
Old December 19, 2003, 23:19   #94
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

And the dreaded... Six Sigma.

Although, actually, players such as alexman, Dominae, and nbarclay would be blackbelts in NO time! (truly, btw)

[sorry for the digression, folks, but us business guys gotta insert our humor too]

And, seriously, SG, we might want to consider applying such tools to the game... TQM totally applies to economic / terrain decisions (see cracker's orginal treatise at CFC), and EVA equally applies to build decisions. In other words, business guys go head to head with the stats / quants!
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Old December 22, 2003, 04:44   #95
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Local Time: 11:59
Quote:
Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
Thanks. One of my degrees is in Economics.

...and profiy margin is one of the more important financial metrics. For proper perspective, it needs to be compared to the sector's performance, the trending over several quarters, overall sales figures, debt load + debt rating, and considered in light of the corporations strategic direction.
When the pancis of 1929 start company started massive layoff of worker which make the panci worst as there was no unemployment benfit back then. When FDR became president
he ask the biggest companies to not layoff anymore worker as it make matter worst. The lowest point in the DOW happen somewhere in 1934 not sure of exact date.
Old December 22, 2003, 12:04   #96
Theseus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by CharlesBHoff
When the pancis of 1929 start company started massive layoff of worker which make the panci worst as there was no unemployment benfit back then. When FDR became president
he ask the biggest companies to not layoff anymore worker as it make matter worst. The lowest point in the DOW happen somewhere in 1934 not sure of exact date.
Uh... WTF does that have to do with anything discussed?

Atari, Firaxis, Civ3... let's stay focused.

Old December 22, 2003, 17:19   #97
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus

Uh... WTF does that have to do with anything discussed?

Atari, Firaxis, Civ3... let's stay focused.
First the unemployment rate in 1932 was 25 % than very hight number, if any President was to have just than hight rate again he or she will lose any election. Corporation cannot lay off worker forever as you need than certain amount of worker to stay in bussien, plus unemploy worker willnot buy your good you make. Than old simple rule people with no money or work will not be able to buy thing. This also apply to people with limit income too.
Old December 22, 2003, 19:59   #98
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

This guy is unbelievable....so unbelievable that I now realize he's a DL...I just have no idea which brillant person posting at Apolyton is pulling the strings on this wonderful characterization.

I know you will never reveal yourself, so I tip my hat to you sir, well done...Well Done! Your writing ability, your strength in characterization and creativity are something for others to aspire to!

{clap, clap, clap}
Old December 23, 2003, 19:59   #99
Theseus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by CharlesBHoff
First the unemployment rate in 1932 was 25 % than very hight number, if any President was to have just than hight rate again he or she will lose any election. Corporation cannot lay off worker forever as you need than certain amount of worker to stay in bussien, plus unemploy worker willnot buy your good you make. Than old simple rule people with no money or work will not be able to buy thing. This also apply to people with limit income too.
Ahhh, now I understand your point...

Yes, Workers are very important in Civ3. So is gold.

Old December 23, 2003, 20:50   #100
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus

Ahhh, now I understand your point...

Yes, Workers are very important in Civ3. So is gold.

Theseus, you overlook the mafia corruption of those arrows in civ or the cab company city improvement.

Seriously CBH, if you don't want to post on the board who you really are - that's cool. I'm so curious...could you PLEASE PM and tell me? I'll keep your DL on the DL ... heh heh

There are some crazy dudes down in the OT that could pull this off. It's killing me which one is behind this!
Old December 24, 2003, 01:57   #101
Vince278
King

This has been discussed before in the MOO3 forum. CBH is real. His grammar is due to being disabled.
"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
2004 Presidential Candidate
2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)
Old December 24, 2003, 08:20   #102
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 06:59
I see that this thread just can't stay on topic.

Toast Time.