View Poll Results: Who is the Hottest Chick in SMAC?
Lady Deirdre Skye 68 67.33%
Colonel Corazón Santiago 28 27.72%
Sister Miriam Godwinson 5 4.95%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 12, 2003, 12:24   #1
sammy1339
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Poll: Who is the Hottest Chick in SMAC?
I think we are all curious to know what popular opinion is in this area, so I posted this poll.

I included Miriam mainly because I think it would peeve her if she knew.
Old November 12, 2003, 12:35   #2
CEO Aaron
ACDG3 Morgan
King

Local Time: 12:21
I pick d: None of the Above. You need to get out more.
Old November 12, 2003, 13:17   #3
Brundlefly
Prince

Local Time: 08:21
Yang
Old November 12, 2003, 14:24   #4
Hippi
Chieftain

Local Time: 14:21
Lady Deirdre Skye

hippie lady = free love
Old November 12, 2003, 15:11   #5
Marid Audran
Warlord

Local Time: 05:21
Why, Miriam naturally.

Armed with a nerve-stapler, a scourge, the Conclave Bible on palm pilot, a migrane, and naked as the day god made her.

You: A Probe team. From the Angels.

Happy happy super deluxe faith love joy!
Old November 12, 2003, 18:05   #6
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

You forgot Aki. IIRC she's chosen quite a lot as well.
Old November 12, 2003, 18:46   #7
sammy1339
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by CEO Aaron
I pick d: None of the Above. You need to get out more.
OK, Sammy, you can take this punk.

Hey, I get out plenty!

Good! Now where do you go, Sammy? Think!

I, uh...

Come on, Sammy! Quick!

I take the garbage down to the street every Wednesday. And I, uh... I visit my grandmother sometimes...

No good, Samantha! Come on, think of something. You're cool, right?

I have a girlfriend!

That's true.

We've never actually dated or kissed or anything like that, but I think she's a lesbian, so...

Don't give out so much information! You could have stopped at "I have a girlfriend."

She looks like she ought to be one, anyhow.

Is that a good thing? Do you think you look like a lesbian?

I wear skirts sometimes.

Sammy!

Never mind that. About the skirts. Anyway my girlfriend is like 300 pounds so if you keep insulting me she'll come over and kick your butt.

No, Sammy, don't threaten him! He might be a maniac and come over to your house with a shotgun. Or to your girlfriend's house... Then he'd need buckshot...

I didn't mean that. About the butt-kicking. I was just kidding. HA... ha... ohhhh...

That was lame, Samantha.

Is the voice in my head bothering you?

SHUT UP!

I'm not schizophrenic.

What are you talking about? Of course you're not!

Maybe I am. It's hard to tell since I'm alone all the time - it can mess with your head.

No! You get out all the time, don't you remember, Samantha?

My name isn't Samantha!

What are you talking about?

Did you think my name was Samantha? I did!

Sammy, what are you saying?

I'm not even a girl!

Let's not exaggerate, now.

I never knew that! I wonder if I really do wear skirts sometimes...

No. You just made that up. You're too much of a tomboy, remember?

Oh, right.

OK, let's wrap this up! Can I get a quippy insult?

Well, you're probably just sore because you're secretly in love with Yang or Zakharov or something.

That was great, Samantha! You rock!

Thanks, uh.... What is your name?

You may call we Voice.
Old November 12, 2003, 18:52   #8
sammy1339
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
You forgot Aki. IIRC she's chosen quite a lot as well.
Aki-Zeta Five is a SMAX character. The question was "Who is the hottest chick in SMAC?" Also I don't know if Aki is a chick. She's a robot, right? Anyhow I considered making it "Who is the hottest chick in SMAX?" but I lost my copy of SMAX a long time ago and I couldn't remember what Datajack Angel Person's name was.
Old November 12, 2003, 21:26   #9
Jac de Molay
Prince

Definitely Deidre. Santiago has an Adam's apple, and Miriam is butt-fugly.
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.
Old November 12, 2003, 22:31   #10
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 13:21
I think Miriam, but she probably sweats a lot to cool down.

Oh you mean hot as in dead drop. Well wants she gets going.
Old November 13, 2003, 01:49   #11
CEO Aaron
ACDG3 Morgan
King

Touche.
Excellent and creative comeback, Sammy. I salute your madness. Or at least your girlfriend's mass.

On the Aki front, even if she was an eligible choice for the vote, I would still pick 'd: none of the above', since I'm not certain she comes equipped with all the requisite accessories, and I don't want to void her warranty with some sketchy aftermarket modifications.

Revisiting the original choices:

Dee: While she's very smart and easy on the eyes, I'm sure any relationship would founder on our inability to agree on restaurants, since most places I want to go don't have a vegan menu, and our constant bickering over the sorting of rubbish into 16 separate recycling bins, not including the compost heap.

Santiago: Well, admittedly, I find the idea of a woman who can disable me with her pinky to be quite a turn-on, however Corazon's constant nagging about my slacking off instead of going to the gym and kickboxing class will begin to grate almost immediately. Worst of all, getting punched in the face with a fistful of rings may be great fun while you're at home, but in public it's much more humiliating.

Miriam: Let's face it, Mimi isn't the prettiest face ever to fall out of the ugly tree, but she's not missing any of the crucial features. And what with her traditionalist mindset, I'm sure she's one heck of a homemaker. Say what you like, but Mimi is a great cook, and will always have the house clean and dinner hot when you come home from a long day at the Genejack Factory. All in all, not a bad package, but one with a killer catch. Mimi opposes all forms of birth control, both pre- and post-natal, and thus I'd always be one office-romance away from the galaxy's largest alimony bill.

Who's left?

Rose: Not that she isn't cute, but frankly I just can't trust her as far as I can spit her. The day after we move in together, I'd fully expect her to hack all my online accounts and credit cards, leaving me in just as bad of straits as Mimi's alimony payments, but without all the tedious creation of actual offspring.

H’minee: Well, at 2 1/4 meters tall, and weighing in at 259 lbs (118 kg), I'm kind of afraid of her hurting me with an extravagant gesture. And that doesn't broach the subject of her rather severe skin problems. Maybe after she goes in for some cosmetic surgery...
Old November 13, 2003, 04:02   #12
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I like DeeDee. She looks like Mrs Jamkski

(Guess who's looking over my shoulder)

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old November 13, 2003, 14:18   #13
Adalbertus
Prince

Local Time: 13:21
Aki?

She/it is a chickbot.

Voted Dee. Also because of some RL girl...
Old November 16, 2003, 01:12   #14
gwillybj
Prince

Location: Eurytion Mining Camp: 100°C dayside, 100°F nightside.
Within the Hardened Shell
After reading Journey to Centauri it is not difficult to understand Miriam's bitterness and distrust, but her encounter with Zakharov in Episode 21 part 2 (in which his name is still Saratov) reveals the caring, tender, warm person she once was, and could easily again become with the right encouragement.
Quote:
She suddenly reached up and grabbed his hands, holding them tightly. He felt the warmth in them, and he felt the tremble in his own hands, and knew she could feel it as well. She closed her eyes.
"Your atoms betray you," she said softly, and then released him. "Every struggle you undertake is for a purpose you can not define. Put your own faith in science, because it feels safe. Rescue the ship, because you consider it a grand experiment. Live or die, it changes nothing. God is waiting for you as well as me."
As for the basis for her fanaticism, follow her through the story as the officers debate and the schism develops, and through the ship in its final minutes. With the "disappearance" of Captain Garland, her life was forfeit, for he was her sole benefactor... until the moments described in Episode 35 part 7, by which time her thinking was controlled entirely by her religious tenets.
Quote:
Her eyes widened with the glory of it, of God watching and guiding her, giving her the tools she needed on the new world.
She opened the airlock and prepared to walk the outer surface of the ship, through the twisted landscape, not fearing death.
Ready to be embraced by her people.
Old November 22, 2003, 14:00   #15
sammy1339
Chieftain

Come ON, people! We have 257 views and only 20 votes! It's an important issue! Get out and vote! Be patriotic!
Old November 23, 2003, 06:47   #16
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 22:21
I haven't seen one of these threads for a long time.

Deirdre Skye is the most presentable. Why are the good-looking ones always the lunatic environmentalists? It's just like the way you can't talk to the women in the vegetarian restaurant on campus. They're insane, I tell you. Insane . . .

*Men in white coats come and take Crimson Sunrise away*
Old November 23, 2003, 10:01   #17
Jethro83
Prince

This has been done countless times, but what the hey!

Santiago may be a turn on with her military attire and tough kind of attitude, and she would be enough to keep me going to the gym and to whatever form of martial arts I choose soon. But it would eventually become tiring. As well as that, I don't think I'd feel safe with the kind of woman who would probably have a silenced pistol under her pillow, a shotgun in the closet, an assault rifle under the living room lounge, and a rocket launcher in the back shed. Besides, she would probably work out at least 8-10 hours, with no less than 10 000 crunches in her exercise regime. She'd have more muscle on her body than Arnie in his days as Mr. Universe. Ugh!!!!!

Miriam is and looks too old, is probably overweight, and her radical, extreme far-right political stance as well as her 'holier-than-thou' attitude would really be a major pain in the butt. And I don't see any room for respect and tolerance of alternative beliefs.

Dierdre is extemely pleasing on the eye. Hard to believe she is already about 35 since she doesn't look much older than 25. However, conversations would be boring discussions about certain species of plant or animal I've never even heard of, annoying ranting about how Morgan is poisoning the planet, or just plain wierd when she tries to get the Planetmind involved, or might not even pass the point of being told off for not choosing a place serving Level 6 vegan dishes on a date.

Aki may look pleasing as well, but she is just so cold! What is the point in a relationship when it lacks emotion? I don't think even a one night stand can actually work without some sort of emotional response.

As for Roze, can you really trust anyone who won't even use their real name anywhere or any time? Sure, it may be easier than gun-nut Santiago as mentioned above, but still... And like it is said above, she is more trouble than she is worth.

None seem to be very appealing at all. Although if I had to choose, it would be Dierdre.
Old November 23, 2003, 12:00   #18
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 09:21
oh, how many times have I voted on these kind of polls?

Anyway, my vote is for Deirdre, merely because she is the most beautiful of all. As for being hot, hm, Santiago seems to be quite luscious...

BTW, where is the banana option?
Old November 24, 2003, 03:54   #19
Mr. Harley
Prince

First, eliminate Miriam. I'm a social libetarian, and she'd nerve staple me.

Dierdre is nice except I CANNOT STAND THE VOICE. Now if they had Fionna Richie (Thistle and Shamrock Celtic music show) do the voice, well, I'd melt.

Santiago. Well, I like to cook, I am quite sure I could tone back up for wrestling, and I don't mind it if she prefers being on top. The problem would be explaining to the kids - "I don't know if mommy will come home this time." And if she doesn't, the people who would come visit us would be really, really pissed.

Datajack Roze. Virtual sex, wow. The not trusting her though, ungood. Even worse, you have to make ABSOLUTELY sure she dumps you. At least then she'll only data-rape you once.

Aki, well, it depends. Explain to her the growth problem, and tell her you have this little mod for her to try. You'll demonstrate. You can then schedule chip sessions, until the Cloning Tanks. Then it's time to move on, assuming you've been able to pretty much avoid too many implants. If not, well, you won't even know you miss it.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old November 25, 2003, 17:26   #20
sammy1339
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex

BTW, where is the banana option?
Banana option? I assume you mean a "none of the above" option. HOW can you say that? Explain it to me. Between Santiago and Dierdre, well, you MUST have the hots for one of them, right? Now, I would be afraid of Santiago, too, and you may think Deirdre is nuts (I don't because I'm nuts like that too) but it remains true nonetheless that you must have the hots for one of them, like it or not. Everybody does. It's natural. It's nothing to be ashamed of. No matter how you look at it both Deirdre and Santiago are more desirable than a banana.
Old November 25, 2003, 17:45   #21
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 09:21
hehe, the banana option is sort of a tradition at 'Poly, and it is weird not to see it in a poll. I think I got quite used to it. But you're right, there is no way we couldn't opt either for Deirdre or Santiago...
Old November 25, 2003, 23:57   #22
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Where in SMAC does it suggest that Deidre is vegetarian?
She's a conservative environmentalist - with a promise to protect planet from the tragedy of earth.

I think this is the stereotype of the Greenie being played out here... a strange fantasy, if you will.

Have to side with Deidre in SMAC. It would be only her and Miriam that are interested in an emotional-type thing, and as for Miriam's fundy nature, I'll pass.

In SMAX, however, there's a reason for my Avatar - I just kinda have a thing for cyborgs and other evolutions of humanity.
Old November 26, 2003, 00:19   #23
gwillybj
Prince

Location: Eurytion Mining Camp: 100°C dayside, 100°F nightside.
Quote:
Originally posted by Enigma_Nova:
Where in SMAC does it suggest that Deidre is vegetarian?
"Hey, Lindly, how's the barbecued Razorbeak?"

"Pretty good, Deirdre. Tastes like chicken."
Old November 26, 2003, 09:45   #24
Alinestra Covelia
ACDG The Human HiveRise of Nations Multiplayer
Queen

Well Dee is admittedly more likely to go for the free love ideal, but those of you who like it rough would be well advised to go with Santiago. I hear she even has her own personal dungeon.

Miriam isn't one that I've heard much interest in, which is a shame. Remember what they say about Catholic girls... and we're dealing with one of the most repressed here, so you can probably imagine the first time with her would be something take a few days' leave to recover from.

Aki Zeta-5 is technically no longer a woman but she does have plenty of technological grafts. Her sockets and plugs could make for some interesting diversity.

And finally, DataJack Roze is too busy with her computer stuff to even have much of a sex life, but hey! Looking on the bright side, at least she'll never complain about you playing too much Civ.
Old November 26, 2003, 10:14   #25
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:21
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Well... for SMAC it's Deirdre I guess....

I MUCH prefer Aki though. No messy emotional crap - simply the necessary biological imperatives

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 26, 2003, 11:14   #26
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
In SMAX, however, there's a reason for my Avatar - I just kinda have a thing for cyborgs and other evolutions of humanity.
In that case you might be interested in joining the Consciousness faction in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game. It's more active than the rather dead Alpha Centauri Police State Game which I noticed you joined recently.
Old November 27, 2003, 09:38   #27
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

slaps maniac with a banana for hijacking
I'll go see. If the game is one-sided I'll sit out. Otherwise, gogogoSMAC!!!
(Sorry play games online rots grammar)
Old January 28, 2004, 15:22   #28
Barinthus
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 04:21
Santiago definitely has my vote. I noticed that people who're so dominant in public tend to like to be dominated in the bed .

Also, rough and hot rompings can be rather fun.
Old January 28, 2004, 17:34   #29
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

I voted for Deirdre because . . . er . . . shut up.
Old January 28, 2004, 18:22   #30
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 02:21
I voted for Miriam, her fiery red hair matches her fiery temper!

They way she shouts at me for always running Police State makes me hot in my pants.

"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis