Old December 5, 2003, 06:02   #31
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 12:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Jamski's Prison Cell: new base planted; building scout patrol; &

Sorry I couldn't make it, I had a mad evening with all kinds of trouble from Mrs J

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old December 8, 2003, 04:02   #32
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 06:21
Thanks for the save and the summary updates!

The turn that was done looks great! I was not able to see any major things that I would dissent.

I do have some minor points to contribute.

1. After a crawler moves to a square and have no move left, it still can be issued an order to crawl resouces. So we could gain one more turn's of resouces.

2. Should we explore the use of Kody former technique? My understanding is at least some factions are using it.

3. There are still room for improvement in crawler/worker allocation. For example, Central Planning could crawl nut bonus and work forest and gain more. Same deal for a couple other bases.

4. We now have 172 ecs. We should effeciently use hurry to gain turn advantages. For example, Vevtopic needs only 2ec to hurry rec tank so it completes next turn. Same deal for pod in Jamski Clovek and a couple other bases.

5. Michanapolis now has 4 pop and was able to pop boom this turn if we had assigned two doctors.

6. And this is actually very important. WE NEED TO GO OVER ALL BASES ONE MORE TIME AFTER EVERYTHING IS DONE. Not sure if the save Chairman attached here is the final version. If it was then that means you guys forgot the double checking. Because Vanderburg is doing nothing this turn. There are couple bases we forgot stockpiling. However, it maybe this is not the final version. If so and that you have actually double checked, then I congratulate you on a job well done.

7. Just a note. Rokovskygrad is experiencing hunger.

8. Do we really need a sensor under Hive now since there's one just one square beside it?

I think we do have some veterans in the team right? I'm sure you guys have much more experience than I do. Please comrades take some time and look at the turn and make some comments. This will help us do turns better next time. We need you!

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; December 8, 2003 at 04:10.
Old December 8, 2003, 04:35   #33
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 13:21
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
8. Do we really need a sensor under Hive now since there's one just one square beside it?
Yes, of course. The idea of planting a base ON a sensor array instead of next to it is that the sensor is invulnerable under the base and thus providing it´s protection until the last citizen dies (most likely that last comrade will starve, seeing the last two turns)
Old December 8, 2003, 18:33   #34
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

The CC still cannot assign landmark names. Have we remembered to release some for them?

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 11, 2003, 00:12   #35
Snowflake
Princess

From Kody. Thought it may help us in playing turns.

Quote:
The way I used to go about checking the turn after I did the unit moves.

1. F4 screen look at all the units building and make sure there's no stockpiles (takes 5 seconds)

2. Click on the capital city, then look at the build queue for the "stockpile". Then press next city about 30 times while keeping an eye where the "stockpile" should be. Instantly see if one of the bases is missing a stockpile (takes 10 seconds).

3. Scroll the map around and look at the borders of the land for anything interesting. You may see wild mindworms, a unit trying to sneak up, a unit you forgot to move. (2 minutes)

4. Open the captial city then check drones (are riots going to happen), nutrient store (whether it will grow or starve), mineral production and crawlers. Click next city and go through all the cities. (10 minutes)

5. Open captial city then check the queued minerals, checking to see if there's anything to rush. Click next city and go through all the cities (5 minutes)

[because I used to calculate the rushes and check that there's enough credits for next turn, see if I can do some crawler rehoming] (1-2 hour when I used to play).

6. Check diplomancy window, check infiltration, check forums for diplomatic messages or suggestions. When I used to do it everything was scattered so it took a while. (1-3 hours)

7. Press wait 50 times. You'll find units you didn't notice.

8. Press End Turn.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 11, 2003, 06:58   #36
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Quote:
7. Press wait 50 times. You'll find units you didn't notice.
What does he mean with that?
Old December 11, 2003, 17:44   #37
Snowflake
Princess

The turn is here. I suggest we wait until Saturday for the CC to see if they can secure the deal with PUT regarding eco eng.

Please wait for me for the turn playing. Appreciated.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 12, 2003, 05:14   #38
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 05:21
Hello, taking a quick break from studying. Anyway I spoke to Kody and he says he wants to talk to Dcole about terraforming before this turn is played, he wanted me to pass that on to Dcole, so well here it is. I'm off to study/sleep some more, ciao.
Old December 12, 2003, 11:26   #39
Snowflake
Princess

dacole, will you be able to play tonight? I suspect that the CC deal will not go through. If you have time maybe we could play it tonight, and not post it until tomorrow morning.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 12, 2003, 11:29   #40
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Micha

What does he mean with that?
From Kody: Pressing wait is just pressing the 'w' key on your keyboard.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 12, 2003, 11:37   #41
Micha
King

lol, I know, I mean when I finished my turn and just want to check everything, there are no units with movement left unmoved, so pressing "w" doesn´t do anything.

I was hoping that Kody had discovered a little bug, when multiple pressing of "w" creates new units or something
Old December 12, 2003, 11:39   #42
Snowflake
Princess

ok. At least I didn't know "w" means wait.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 12, 2003, 15:24   #43
dacole
ACDG The Human HiveBtS Tri-League
Prince

I am not going to be able to play the turn tonight have our christmas party for our department I have downloaded it and will look at it early tommorow and post ideas, basicly I will be setting up the pod factory (golden age with one pod every turn) then working on the others to allow the population to continue. If you need me to do other things let me know. Kody was of the opinon also that the uni deal would not go through so I shouldn't slow down the research but will go with what the group decides.

When on saturday should we meet to discuss turn? Doesn't have to be done until sunday so we should take the time we have.

will talk to you all tommorow or later today.
Old December 12, 2003, 16:15   #44
Snowflake
Princess

I agree that the CC deal is unlikely to go through so let's plan on not slowing the reseach. The three things that Kody and I talked about that needs to be done this turn are:

1. Change energy allocation to psych from 10% to 0%
2. probe PEACE get infiltration
3. After changing psych allocation and founding new base, try pop boom rokossovky.

There are other small details that I see that may need to change such as crawler/worker allocation.

It is unlikely I can be there when you play the turn tomorrow. Remember 48 hours means the turn must be posted before 2:30 Saturday. We have been late quite a few times lately so I think we should try not to be late this time. Would it be possible that you and Jamski play the turn before noon Saturday? And post the turn here before end turn. Then I could try look at it see if I notice any little details that needs to change and then you or Jamski or I could post it on the main forum. I know some factions are doing this, that is having people looking at the turn before posting it and I think it is a good practise that we should follow too.

If Jamski is not available could Micha fill in? I think we should try get at least two people to play the turn. If absolutely impossible then we definitely needs to do the post save here before post to the main forum thing.

Worst came to the worst if you will not be able to play before noon tomorrow I could try play it if you could give me instructions and I'll see if I can find somebody tonight to play with me together.

Oh one more thing. Please look at my comments for the last turn. I have some comments about crawlers and rushing facilities.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 13, 2003, 13:49   #45
Snowflake
Princess

Who will play the turn and when will it be done? Dacole? Jamski? I'll try to be on 1 hour from now if anybody is going to play the turn.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 13, 2003, 15:25   #46
Snowflake
Princess

Well 48 hours is 1 hour away. Anybody?

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 13, 2003, 15:47   #47
Snowflake
Princess

Well I'm going to play it myself and I will try to post a save here after I'm done.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 13, 2003, 17:04   #48
Snowflake
Princess

Turn 2149

Sorry it took me a little long to do this. I'm sure I have made mistakes and stuff. Please if somebody could look at it. I'll post it after 30 minutes.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 13, 2003, 17:09   #49
Snowflake
Princess

I forgot to release landmark names for CC. Could somebody download it and do that and post it in the public forum? Thanks!

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 13, 2003, 17:37   #50
Snowflake
Princess

Summary:

1. Changed energy allocation psych 10%->0%, research 40%->50%
2. Infiltrated PEACE
3. No new base found
4. Foil opened a pod and found IOD odds is 6:7 so I let it flee, CMC please advise if this is not the right course
5. Adjusted some crawler/worker allocation.

Individual Bases:

Roko: used three doc to get pop boom. Crawled a nut farm faraway to get food. Building a reseach hospital since it has lots crawlers so thought could try reseach increasing facilities.

SU: Formers continue build road, start forest. Base produce crawler to crawl the farm.

Utopia: Continue building crawler.

Vander: Building a creche, may not be a good choice, still can be changed next turn.

Vev: finishing tank, will have 1 growth and also enter GA. Will have 2 food for the 1 growth but need 2 more food next turn for GA pop boom.

Voltairo: Building a crech, may want to change next turn.

CP: Continue building crawler. Using three Librarains. needs more farm and/or condensors.

Google: Building a creche. May want to change.

Great Clustering: Building a former. Need teraforming.

HongHu KongHu: Finishing crawler. A former is building a sensor at the farm. Need to change to condensor the next turn when the tech is ready.

Jamski: Finishing colony pod. A crawler is crawling the energy bonus. Need to change to another crawler from another base with a network node. Also this crawler needs to crawl min to speed up pod production.

Jamski's prison: Building a crawler since there are already three formers. Thought could use a crawler on the farm to free up workers on forests. Formers are building forest on river.

Kommu city: finishing crawler.

Micha: Building a node. Will enter GA. Have lots of food. I think it can grow from 4 up to 7.

New Moscow: finishing tanks.

Oct: finishing crawler.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 13, 2003, 17:59   #51
Snowflake
Princess

turn posted.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 14, 2003, 21:17   #52
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Local Time: 05:21
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Vander: Building a creche, may not be a good choice, still can be changed next turn.
I didn't know I had a base named after me!! How long have I had one? What's it's name? ( I can't see the save. Macintosh and all)
and then refusing to decide
Old December 15, 2003, 00:47   #53
Snowflake
Princess

Vanderburg

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 15, 2003, 00:54   #54
Snowflake
Princess

Kody's comment on the turn:

octavian x, one of the workers can be moved off the forest at the top to a different forest and jamski's prision can use that forest, so that's +1 mineral to jamski prision

Kommuniza city should stop using the farm now it's got the recycling tanks, and use a forest instead

you should only remove fungus in 3 different cases
(1) it restricts transportation, and you need to road that square
(2) it's 2 squares away from a base is in the interior of your land and has less than 4 forests around it. 1 square away and it mindworms will attack the base square, sensor+ base defence bonus means the scout should always win. 4 forests around a fungus square means the fungus will likely disappear from forest growth
(3) you've already terraformed the other useful squares around your bases and you need more
so there's only two squares that need removing fungus are (12,18) - between Utopia base and vevtopia. (27,21) - two north-west of rokossovkygrad (I ran the simulator many times and forest refused to grow over that square).

the terraforms on the following squares should find something more useful to do
(26,16)
(27,27) - two terraformers
(13,17) - two terraformers
(11,19) - two terraformers
(26,6)

the nut on broken heart hill should have been roaded. if a terraformer is already on a square without a road, road it as it saves many terraforming turns

the moist squares seem to be getting farmed while the rainy squares get ignored
the squares (21,29), (20,16) should have been farmed as it's a waste of terraforming turn
the squares (26,14), (19,29), and (8,18) are moist squares that are getting more farms and don't need them. they should be switched to building condensors on nut bonuses next turn, or roading the square they are currently on

I am aware of 2 squares that have fungus removed that would have probably would have lost the fungus anyway due to forest growth within the next 10 years

(17,23) got a forest built on it when it really needs a road. road was ignored but lack of road means an extra 1/3 of movement is wasted when traveling between michapolis and central plannig

(19,23) needs a borehole not a solar panel. solar panel will only give +1 energy and moving formers 5 squares out isn't worth it, probably not even for building a borehole. that square is too far away and too terraforming expensive to be useful yet in my opinion. It's better to invest the terraformers in building terraforming that will be useful within the next 10 years rather than something that will be useful in 15 or so years time (due to long build time and roading, and moving the crawlers out there)

next turn formers should start ignoring all other terraforming and start building condensors on all the nut bonuses

Also by we need far more terraformers. we only have 38, and when I played the game up to 2148 I had 45 terraformers. the wasteful way we've been using terraformers has probably lost us alot of turn advantage. I would say building all those colony pods that had to be readded to the cities was the most wasteful. close behind that it would have to be way we've been terraforming, then thirdly would be all the forgetting to add things to build queue and stockpile mistakes. anyway when choosing terraforming, you need to think will I be using what I'm building in the next 5 years. if the answer is no, then you be thinking what would be more useful. adding more forests, farms, removing fungus when we're not using most of our terraforming isn't very helpful for us

finally I would consider rushing the research hospital in rokossovkygrad next turn unless you need it the ec's for network node building or creche building. this is because rokossovkygrad has 18 minerals per turn which means having it sit building the research hospital reduces the amount of stockpile energy we could be getting

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 17, 2003, 21:49   #55
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 22:21
Lots of issues that need to be addressed in those recent turn chats Voltaire posted. I'll think I'll do it at home since it's going to be time consuming.
Old December 18, 2003, 06:12   #56
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Old December 18, 2003, 08:24   #57
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Kody! WB! :hugehappysmilie:

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old December 18, 2003, 12:13   #58
Kody
Emperor

Global base mapping project.
http://www.civgaming.net/forums/show...&threadid=4238
Old December 19, 2003, 08:44   #59
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Dammit I'm not part of Civgaming either!
Old December 19, 2003, 08:47   #60
Kody
Emperor

Sorry the hive keeps a couple of forums.

We're probably the most prolific of all the factions in number of posts, in who we were talking to, and number of places we're work at.

When you get on MSN I'll give you the password to the cycon embassy.

As for the civgaming embassy, you'll need to first register and then we'll have your application processed by the drones.