Old November 12, 2003, 19:33   #1
Needlejet
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Settler

Local Time: 12:23
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Why Cant I Join?!
I tried to join the Free Drones. I've waited 2 days. No email. WTF?! why cant i play ACDTG?!!!!!!!!
Old November 12, 2003, 20:00   #2
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 05:23
Ah - the Free Drones hang out at the CGN forum, Go here to register

Googlie
Old November 13, 2003, 12:38   #3
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 12:23
Temper temper

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old November 13, 2003, 14:05   #4
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 14:23
If the Drones don't let you in, you can always try the Consciousness. We have a history of acting as a sanctuary for all people that aren't allowed in the Drone private forum.
Old November 13, 2003, 17:19   #5
jtsisyoda
ACDG The Free DronesAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Morgan
King

Local Time: 07:23
For the record, the applicant Maniac refers to was more than welcome to join, but basically refused to go to the CGN site. That's his prerogative and all that jazz, but it's not like we refused him. Cheap shot.

Needlejet, I've PM'd Buster at CGN. If you don't hear from him soon, let me know.
Old November 13, 2003, 22:39   #6
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by jtsisyoda
For the record, the applicant Maniac refers to was more than welcome to join, but basically refused to go to the CGN site. That's his prerogative and all that jazz, but it's not like we refused him. Cheap shot.

Needlejet, I've PM'd Buster at CGN. If you don't hear from him soon, let me know.

What's wrong with the CGN site?

I only discovered it after I clicked on Googlie's link to it.

It does not seem to be as active as this site but otherwise looks OK.

Are there other SMAC/X related sites out there?

Mead
Old November 13, 2003, 23:08   #7
jtsisyoda
ACDG The Free DronesAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Morgan
King

Nothing's wrong with CGN. I didn't say the applicant's decision to avoid CGN and not join the Drones was rational.
Old November 13, 2003, 23:40   #8
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:23
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Being the "applicant" everyone is referring to, I will just give my side (the truth!).

I wanted to join the Drones, and applied as per the link next to their civgroup. I started raising questions when there was no sign of being accepted after a few days. I found out the Drone mini-forum here is not used, and they are based on a forum at CGN. jtsisyoda showed up (a Drone member), and let me know that I was welcome to join, but since everything happened at CGN I would have to go there to get involved. I preferred to stay on Poly, and thus joined the Cybernetic Consciousness instead, a team here at Poly.

There was never a question about being refused, in fact jtsisyoda was more than friendly and I am sure I, as anyone, would have been welcomed happily by the team.

Just why a game started on Poly should have a team going to another site I cannot fathom, but amybe that's just me. If you want to join the Drones, then if they are all like jtsisyoda you will enjoy it, but you must register and post at CGN to get involved.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 14, 2003, 00:15   #9
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 05:23
Quote:
Originally posted by Mead
Are there other SMAC/X related sites out there?
Some that I've bookmarked are:

ACOL

Civ Fanatics

Network Node

CivOrg

and, of course, the "granddaddy"

Firaxis

My own 2 modest ones are:

The Spartan Chronicles

and

Rynn's Gallery
Old November 14, 2003, 18:21   #10
jtsisyoda
King

Needlejet, you should be able to access our CGN forum now. Welcome aboard. Now put on your steel-toes and get to work!
Old November 15, 2003, 21:22   #11
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 13:23
Btw MWIA we offered a welcome