View Poll Results: What's your political aversion in REAL life?
frontier 0 0%
police state 11 25.00%
democracy 2 4.55%
fundamentalism 31 70.45%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 11, 2003, 20:32   #31
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 08:38
Local Date: November 2, 2010
lol so true.

Police State gets my vote.
Old December 13, 2003, 09:53   #32
Shai-Hulud
Prince

Local Time: 14:38
Quote:
However, people are Scared, Foolish and Lazy
I don't think people are inherently scared, foolish and lazy. It would be far too pessimistic for me to believe that, and such notions would always lead to an authoritarian ideologies. People are also independent, free-minded, industrious and creative. I think our culture defines how these characteristics appear in our midst, on average. In a free society where culture is enough "up-to-date" to face the challenges and responsibilities of freedom people actually are more independent than scared, more intelligent than foolish and more creative than lazy.

I completely agree with Ogie and find it not only amazing but a bit scary too that people would rather choose PS than Fundy. Not that Fundamentalism is a nice system to live in, but judging by history Police State has achieved a lot more on the field of genocides etc. But it's not just the history that defines my aversion of PS. It's rather possible to theoretize the system Police State leads to...something a lot worse than Fundamentalism.

Quote:
It's interesting how the feasibility of both true capitalism (unregulated free market) and true communism depend on people not being stupid ("Scared, Foolish, and Lazy" as Enigma put it).
True. Extreme libertarian and communist beliefs also have more in common than oftenly thought. Both societies promise freedom, dissolution of govermental control, economic prosperity and unity of all men.
"I'm having a sort of hard time paying attention because my automated teller has started speaking to me, sometimes actually leaving weird messages on the screen, in green lettering, like "Cause a Terrible Scene at Sotheby's" or "Kill the President" or "Feed Me a Stray Cat", and I was freaked out by the park bench that followed me for six blocks last Monday evening and it too spoke to me."
- Patrick Bateman, American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
Old December 13, 2003, 12:48   #33
gwillybj
Prince

Local Time: 08:38
Location: Eurytion Mining Camp: 100°C dayside, 100°F nightside.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
Fundy describes an adherence to one belief. Granted thats quite an infringement on personal liberty.
Sister Miriam has asked Friar Willy to remind everyone that the gate is not barred Any and all are free to take their chances with what waits on the other side
Old December 17, 2003, 03:26   #34
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 02:38
Fundamentalism/Free Market/Wealth/

I HATE fundamentalism, FM can KMA, Wealth---->greed

I would prefer Police State or Democracy, Green or Planned, Knowledge
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old December 17, 2003, 03:27   #35
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 02:38
and I'm with Comrade Jamski, I hate Miriam....never played as Believers, and never used Fundamentalist.

But I DO like to use my 'Buster subs against her.....for what it's worth.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis