View Poll Results: What do you think?
Continue with the results as per the previous poll, as outlined below 3 42.86%
Forget the previous poss, we need to do what I stated below 0 0%
Just finish it, I don't care what we build, we have enough of them. 3 42.86%
Orange you glad I didn't say Banana? 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 16, 2003, 20:19   #1
Sparrowhawk
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 07:39
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Cityplanner's Endgame Poll
The outcome of the game seems almost predetermined, but the voice of the people needs to be heard still.

It is my belief that the last City Planner poll still holds.
In summary, the last poll decided that we would construct many more diplomats, a few more alpine troops, a few more engineers, and many more offensive units (Cannon/Calvary) in cities that had barracks. In addition, we still need some infrastructure, but mainly in the cities we have recently taken, and mainly to get them celebrating.

Essentially we have enough Alpine Troops by the number that were requested in the last poll (we have 14).

Essentially we have enough Engineers from the last poll (requested 90, we have 86).

Therefore, my recommendations are simple...that we continue to produce diplomats to catch up with the number of engineers we have, and in all other celebrating cities to develop offensive units (after barracks if necessary). The only other requirement is infrastructure in those cities that still require it.

If any have any further to add, please state your intentions now. I will try to incorporate any reasonable recommendations into my city planner report. You have three days to post your opinions on what more we need.

/me City Planner
Old November 16, 2003, 22:07   #2
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

I built many, many diplomats, it's just that they keep dying while sabotaging citywalls and improvements.

I'd also like to get our calvary up to par with the cannons.

I don't think we will have as much of a need to use diplomats, since most of the Greek cities have much fewer units than the formerly Fundy Germans. I'm not going to see a garrison of six units, like I saw many times in Germany.
Old November 16, 2003, 22:13   #3
Sparrowhawk
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

I hope the Foreign Minister will poll on whether to keep going against the Germans first, or switch to bringing down the Greeks first, or taking them both down simultaneously.

btw, if you think the cities will have less units in them, why does that mean we will need less diplomats? I would think less units will mean more improvements, and thus we will need MORE diplomats, to take down the walls (and we will need less offensive units).
Old November 17, 2003, 02:24   #4
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

I would run at the city, Prussian that I am, without knocking down the walls if they have a wimpy garrison.
Old November 17, 2003, 11:33   #5
Six Thousand Year Old Man
Civilization II Succession Games
King

At this point it doesn't really matter what we build or research... the game should be done in another dozen turns, either way.

I won't be making a science poll, just because the circumstances haven't changed, and our science goals should be unchanged. Whether we research at all is another question (personally I feel that we needn't bother).

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old November 17, 2003, 13:35   #6
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 14:39
Huge amounts of dips and cannons would increase our attackspeed.
Old November 17, 2003, 13:58   #7
Ljube
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 13:39
Diplomats and cannons are our winning combination.
No more cavalry. Cavalry is toooooo expensive.

But I would like to see one last attempt at bribing.

I have posted a poll on that.
Old November 17, 2003, 14:54   #8
Sparrowhawk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
I would run at the city, Prussian that I am, without knocking down the walls if they have a wimpy garrison.
It seems both our Minister of War and our Foreign Minister agree that we need more diplomats to bring down the walls and while our Science Minister seems indifferent, I too would like us to continue building Dips to bring down the walls of any city. While you are correct that we don't "need" to, it would make the attack easier, and leave us more offensive units to take more enemy cities, perhaps finishing the game faster, which at this point, would be merciful.

/me City Planner
Old November 17, 2003, 16:09   #9
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Agreed.

Still lots of cities that need to be taken down at 30.

STYOM:

What about espionage? Should we wait for the Greeks to research Communism, or should we forge ahead? That's something we ought to poll on.

And I like ljcvetko's suggestion of trading communism to entice the Greeks and Germans from democracy.
Old November 17, 2003, 18:21   #10
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 14:39
Yes, give them commie, they are building units fast anyway so it shouldnt matter to much in their unitcount.