View Poll Results: Should Jamski take over as Chairman?
Yes, as the current chairman is irresponsible. 3 42.86%
No, I am a dissenter, please end my miserable life now. 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 17, 2003, 07:38   #1
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 12:39
Local Date: November 2, 2010
*#*#*#*#*#*Power Coup! *#*#*#*#*#*
I am assuming power and control over the Human Hive. The Chairman is deposed. I shall shortly announce my new deputy chairman. Vander is confirmed as the permanant PRAVDA editor. Ex-Chairman Voltaire is sentenced to prison for his non-action in the face of duty, and his lack of response to the resignation of the planning authorities.

All conduct of Hive business and contol of the millitary is now my responsibility! (untill someone takes it from my dead hands)

The Marshal is stripped to the rank of Private untill he can excuse his behavior in DESERTING from the glorious Hive Armed Forces in the moment of need.

Glory to the Hive!

Please vote for or against so I know who is a dissenter and should be shot.

Thankyou.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old November 17, 2003, 10:47   #2
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Don't all rush at once

-Jam
Old November 17, 2003, 14:05   #3
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Local Time: 05:39
I'm a fan of being the New Editor (who was the old one, anyway?). And because the poll attached to the issue proves it, I'm siding with ol' Jam here.
and then refusing to decide
Old November 17, 2003, 18:16   #4
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

On second thought, I won't close this thread As long as Jamski promises to recognize me as diety.
Old November 17, 2003, 20:41   #5
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

No objection from me, I'll resign gracefully if this fiasco can be overcome since I'm too busy to do anything these days at it stands. Plus me resigning doesn't give Jamski the satisfaction of carrying out a successful coup. As my last act of office I appoint HongHu as Censor (if you want to know what it does look it up in the constitution, which I refuse to let Jamski touch, if he's gonna change things he's going to do it legaly).

Of course I'm lying Aren't I? YEP. I am lying. Do not take me SERIOUSLY at all.

Last edited by Nubclear; November 17, 2003 at 21:03.
Old November 17, 2003, 20:57   #6
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Nasty. This is just NASTY.

I hope the Hive falls
Old November 18, 2003, 00:52   #7
Nubclear

PRAISE LENIN THIS COUP IS FAILING!
Old November 18, 2003, 00:59   #8
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

WE ALL NEED TO TALK... NOW (failing that ASAP)!

This crisis was ridiculous, and was a result of bad timing and unlikely circumstances. I am in part to blame, the Marshal as well must take the burden, but frankly we've all failed because we're just not active anymore. From now on I demand that everyone do their part (however small).

I will speak to each and every one of you individually over MSN, and then arrange a group meeting with as many active members as can attend.
Old November 18, 2003, 08:30   #9
Jamski
Deity

OK, this "coup" has achieved its purpose of getting people to post. I don't particularly WANT to take over, but noone else was going to do anything, apart from Kody who has left the Hive.

I'm happy to cancel the coup, if this means a return to normal business.

-Jam
Old November 18, 2003, 09:28   #10
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 13:39
Crimson Guard, Division Zeta
Citizen Jamski, you have been trying to overthrow the government of the glorious Human Hive. The People have charged you with high treason, and therefor you are now arrested.
You have no rights. The party knows everything, so you don´t need to give evidence. Everything you say will be used against you. If you keep mum, it will be used against you, too.
In the name of the people of the Human Hive, you are now enemy of the state. Expect your public trial to take place on Wednesday.
Old November 18, 2003, 10:21   #11
Jamski
Deity

Micha, alte Kumpel Ich hätte besser erwartet von dir als diese Schande. Ich hätte gehofft das du bei mir stehen wirdst, aber was für eine Entauschung. Ich höffe du bist zufrieden, der Untergang der Hive ist jetzt ganz deine Schuld. Wie kannst du dich ins Spiegel sehen? Ach, meine arme Hive, ich weine wegen deine ende.

-Jam
Old November 19, 2003, 02:32   #12
Nubclear

Micha, old buddies I would have better expected from you than this dishonor. I would have hoped for which you with me stand wirdst, but which for a Entauschung. I hoeffe you are content, the fall of the Hive is now completely your debt. How can you in mirrors see yourself? Oh, my poor Hive, I cries about yours ends.
Old November 19, 2003, 05:52   #13
Jamski
Deity

Its nicer in translation, and is better English than my German

-Jam
Old November 20, 2003, 10:02   #14
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

lol, in that he´s right

Well, apart from the meaning of what you´ve said, here´s the improvements I´d suggest:
Quote:
Micha, alter Kumpel! Ich hätte mehr von dir erwartet als diese Schande! Ich hätte gehofft das du zu mir halten würdest, aber was für eine Entäuschung... Ich hoffe du bist zufrieden, der Untergang des Hives ist jetzt ganz deine Schuld. Wie kannst du noch in den Spiegel sehen? Ach, mein armes Hive, ich weine um dein Ende.
Now that has made me sad... Hey, it´s been the Crimon Guard, not that pitty Comrade you call "Kumpel"...

Translation:
Quote:
Micha, my old mate! I´d have expected you to do better than that disgrace. I hoped you´d stick with me, but what a disappointment! I hope you´re satisfied, now that the Hive´s fall is only your fault. How can you still look into a mirror? Oh, my dear Hive! I mourn your fall!
Old November 20, 2003, 10:58   #15
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 06:39
Ach, meine arme Jamski, ich weine wegen deine ende.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 20, 2003, 14:21   #16
Micha
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Ach, meine arme Jamski, ich weine wegen deine ende.
lol, arme Jamski! (this grammar form indicates "Jamski" is female )
Old November 20, 2003, 14:36   #17
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Oops! Didn't realize that Hive is female. Guess it should be changed to "Ach, meine arme Ms Jamski, ich weine wegen deine ende".

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 20, 2003, 15:32   #18
Micha
King

Hehe... Perhaps you should just "borrow" your German from MY corrected text instead of Jamski´s pitty try (just kidding, Jam! Your German is really great! Just some more practising with the grammar here and there... )

-->
Quote:
Micha, alter Kumpel! Ich hätte mehr von dir erwartet als diese Schande! Ich hätte gehofft das du zu mir halten würdest, aber was für eine Entäuschung... Ich hoffe du bist zufrieden, der Untergang des Hives ist jetzt ganz deine Schuld. Wie kannst du noch in den Spiegel sehen? Ach, mein armes Hive, ich weine um dein Ende.
Old November 20, 2003, 16:34   #19
Snowflake
Princess

Is Hive male in your corrected text?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 20, 2003, 18:19   #20
Jamski
Deity

Hive is female isn't it Micha? Die Hive?

I just don't care enough about grammer. If you speak fast enough "Schlampe" sounds like "Schlamper"

-Jam
Old November 20, 2003, 18:33   #21
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Ich habe eine frage....

So how would we say "Spam thread" in Deutsch?
and then refusing to decide
Old November 20, 2003, 18:57   #22
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 22:39
Wo bist du?
Old November 20, 2003, 19:10   #23
Snowflake
Princess

ist lieber dist or something like that

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 20, 2003, 19:59   #24
Micha
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Vander
Ich habe eine frage....

So how would we say "Spam thread" in Deutsch?
lol, actually we have adopted both SPAM and THREAD from the english
Old November 20, 2003, 20:30   #25
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 22:39
Spam is universal. It is only spam and spam is everything.
Old November 20, 2003, 20:38   #26
Micha
King

Quote:
ist lieber dist or something like that
your favourite course is thistles?

I think you mean "Ich liebe Dich" meaning "I love you", right?
Old November 20, 2003, 23:45   #27
Snowflake
Princess

Hey I was quite close Yeay!

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 05:39   #28
Jamski
Deity

Viellicht sollen wir ein Deutschspamthread haben. Es könnte spaß machen. Oder nicht?

-Jam
Old November 21, 2003, 10:37   #29
Snowflake
Princess

Are you trying to send some coded secret message? It's not gonna save you dear Spamski. If you continue to talk like those foreigners I promise you will be excuted.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 11:10   #30
Micha
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Viellicht sollen wir ein Deutschspamthread haben. Es könnte spaß machen. Oder nicht?

-Jam
What a great idea!
Let´s start one immediately! What do you think, shall we ihnen auch die Übersetzung geben von allem was wir dort sagen?

Quote:
Are you trying to send some coded secret message? It's not gonna save you dear Spamski. If you continue to talk like those foreigners I promise you will be excuted.
Hm, dear Comrade judge HongHu, you aren´t saying the huge German-rooting population of the Human Hive are all foreigners, do you?

Vielleicht können the Hiver sogar noch etwas lernen