Old April 27, 2000, 13:03   #1
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 18:02
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Maybe we can continue this game some weekday evening. Knowing Xin is on the west coast, I have no problem starting that late and getting a few hours in. I'm usually available Mon, Tues, or Thursday (leaving Wednesday open for the game we were supposed to be playing) If there is any interest, just post away.

Yeah, The GL, HG and MC were good wonders to build. It was interesting how close we all were on the power graph (except the Ferrets )

This game was fun and interesting. I hope we can continue it.
Old April 27, 2000, 20:31   #2
berzerker

Mondays and Tuesdays are best for me, I was surprised by the powergraph, Xin and Ming were neck and neck and Bird and I were in our own race for third. I just get fooled by the relative un-importance of the wonders to the powergraph. I figured Ming was killing us all...

Old April 27, 2000, 23:37   #3
Bird
King

Local Time: 19:02
Actually, I was not unhappy with my position considering the start (no units from huts, just 50 gold from the only hut I found and ONE OF THE UGLIEST MAPS I'VE EVER SEEN, plus I haven't gotten ONE SINGLE BARB KING and didn't settle my second city until, I don't know, sometime yesterday???). Powergraph is interesting. We all know pop is the big factor, but I spent the last 10 turns trading 2nd in pop with someone (I assume now it was Ming), but finished further below him on the powergraph than the minor pop difference would justify. I think land area is perhaps the next most important factor, and I'm dead last in that (rah's even ahead of me, and he, well........ )(Lighthouse may be too late). Ming is ahead in science b/c of Great Library; perhaps someone who has access to the rest of us will take it upon himself to correct that deficiency I like this game. There are twists and turns yet to occur.
Old April 28, 2000, 00:13   #4
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 15:02
Ming, Berz, Bird, Xin Game
It was a 5 civ game but Rah bailed out early. His civ stays at 3 cities .

I (Xin the Romans) was beaten twice in wonders by half turn, for the Great Library and the Embassy, respectively. I managed to change them to the Great Wall and the Colossus. The GW really helped me. Before I got it there were barbs all over, now they reduced to ignorable. The barbs even took one of my cities (I couldn't believe it, it was size one and empty, must be bribed by the barbs?). Then I tried to bribe it back but always short of money by a cent. Finally I bribed it back when it was at size 7, larger than any of the cities in the world, but did not show in the top 5 window.

Ming has all the happy wonders available and the GL so I guess he has the best civ. However when I check my status I found I was first in most of the categories.

Berz got the embassy, bird got the lighthouse.

It was an interesting game.
Old April 29, 2000, 00:10   #5
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Just as you guys don't have time for the RedFront scenario, I'm fully occupied by the scenario and don't have time for multiplaying. Wedensday night is the only time I can play. Sorry.
Old May 3, 2000, 09:17   #6
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Well, as posted in the other thread, Rah can't play tonight (how convenient )
And since we haven't heard from Matt (still studying I would guess)...

Let's play this game tonight. I will be home at my normal time, and would love to continue this very close match. And since Wednesdays is the only day we can get Xin... Let's do it!

So just post away, and let's see if we can make this happen...
Old May 3, 2000, 09:37   #7
Bird
King

I'm in. I can start any time after 7:00, but since we've not been starting until around 8:00 eastern, I will stay at work a little longer tonight unless everyone else confirms an earlier start. Usually, I think it's up to Xin on the early start...
Old May 3, 2000, 16:06   #8
Bird
King

Not sure what that means, Xin. Since we haven't heard from Berz, I'm not sure that anything's definite. I'll plan on getting home by 7:30 eastern, though, just in case.
Old May 3, 2000, 16:17   #9
Ming
lifer
Retired

I'm not concerned about not hearing from Berzerker by now. He is almost always on line in the early evenings... So he probably just hasn't seen this yet. I'll check with him when I get home. Starting time will just depend on when we can start... DUH!

Later guys.
Old May 3, 2000, 18:46   #10
Ming
lifer
Retired

Just talked to Berzerker on ICQ... He's ready whenever we are. So just ICQ me when you are all available. If it takes me a little bit to respond, I'm fixing dinner for the kids
Old May 3, 2000, 18:52   #11
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

In that case, see you on 7:30 est
Old May 4, 2000, 00:48   #12
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Well, let me try to come home earlier today.
Old May 4, 2000, 09:18   #13
berzerker

Sorry for not posting here - I'm used to using ICQ and I'm on virtually every night. I'll be available wednesdays for this game or the other one I was subbing in.

Old May 4, 2000, 11:38   #14
Ming
lifer
Retired

No problem Berzerker... as I said before, I can usually find you on ICQ just about every evening

Great fun last night. There is nothing I enjoy more than watch every wonder I want to build being built about 2 turns before I can finish it... You name it, I didn't get it.
First, the workshop... that was 3 turns. Then, SOL... One turn... DAMN!
Then as a fall back, Newtons... wrong again.

Gee it was fun.

But I would still love to continue the game, even thought the Romans are kicking our ass on the power graph.

I know Xin can only play on Wednesdays, and we do have a regular game on that night (assuming people show up), but I'm keeping the saved files handy. Who knows, maybe Rah won't be available again in the future, or Maybe since Xin is killing us, he can find some other night when he gets bored of his other projects.

Thanks again...
Old May 4, 2000, 14:36   #15
Ming
lifer
Retired

Thanks Xin

If I had gotten just ONE of the wonders I would have been satisfied... but NOOOOOOOO!

It was still fun. I'm just waiting for you to pull out the old ironclad strategy on us.
Old May 5, 2000, 00:35   #16
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

My power graph lies! All my cities lack growing potential (they overlap with each other), and I don't have any military tech to let me attack anybody. No iron working, no monotheism. No place to put more cities. I have the pyramids so my population grows faster, that's all.

It was cool to watch Ming suffering the same bad luck in wonder building .
Old May 9, 2000, 10:24   #17
Ming
lifer
Retired

Well, I talked to Rah this morning. Since it looks like Matt will be out one more week studying, he suggested that we continue this came on Wednesday. (He says he can always use the points he earns by not playing to play later this week)

So are you guys going to be around?
Old May 9, 2000, 13:36   #18
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

LOL XIN,
be nice.
RAH
Lord of the sometimes silly ferrets.
Old May 9, 2000, 23:43   #19
Bird
King

rah, one of the amusing highlights of last week's episode was when your city cracked the top five. No human concerns, and it was quite a large city. Plus, that oracle, well.... I've been trying to convince the others to change the no alliance rule to counteract, but no luck. Sticklers for the rules, every last one of them....
Old May 9, 2000, 23:45   #20
Bird
King

By the way, I'm good tomorrow. Let's say 8:00 eastern, since that's what it always turns out to be anyway.
Old May 10, 2000, 00:18   #21
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

I'm sorry for Rah. His AI controled civ was doing really well in our game (had beaten us on the Oracle). Let the rest of us continue to compete tomorrow then.
Old May 10, 2000, 07:54   #22
Ming
lifer
Retired

8 eastern time is fine by me. I will be available an hour earlier than that, but you are right Bird... that's the time we usually start no matter what.

Hope to see you all tonight.
Old May 10, 2000, 14:11   #23
bizzaro
Warlord

Local Time: 23:02
Hey Guys,

sounds like you're having fun. Hey Ming, stop being greedy lol, you have the happiness wonders don't you???? J/K Ming.
What year is it Ming??? Did I hear right??? Rah bailed on a civ game, I can't believe it.
What's up Rah?? You guys don't post much anymore huh?? check you later

Respectfully
Biz
Old May 10, 2000, 14:46   #24
Ming
lifer
Retired

Good to see you around...

Yeah, Rah bailed on a game, and he was even the host. After one of the poorest starts recorded in MP history, he finally decided the AI would give us a better run for the money... and he was right, the AI at least built the Oricle

Yeah, we do use ICQ to set up games more now, but you will notice a few threads with our names still in them... plus, we still use the Setting Up IP games thread when we are desperate.

Good to see you around again. Looking forward to getting you in a game. Assuming you still play
Old May 10, 2000, 18:18   #25
bizzaro
Warlord

Local Time: 23:02
Hey Ming,

I would love to play & yes I still do, mostly against the AI though because my schedule is screwy these days. I just started a new job & it's been hectic. I've been wanting to play for quite a while but you know how it goes.. the best laid plans LOL

regards
Biz

PS
If you need a player just post here. I'm available tonight if you need someone.

b
Old May 10, 2000, 18:20   #26
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

A meeting from 3:30 to 4:30 pm PST. Will head home right after it, and make the 8 est timeline
Old May 10, 2000, 19:35   #27
berzerker

Hi guys, I have no ICQ for now so can we talk in the chat room? Hell, now I have to figure out where it is
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by berzerker (edited May 10, 2000).]</font>

Old May 10, 2000, 19:41   #28
Ming
lifer
Retired

I e-mailed you the ip. I'll post here when we are hot.
Old May 10, 2000, 19:50   #29
berzerker

Ok, thx, but in case I have any problems I'm sending (email) you my password for subs. Darn, I had no luck connecting to the chat room, btw.
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by berzerker (edited May 10, 2000).]</font>

Old May 10, 2000, 20:14   #30
Ming
lifer
Retired

I'm live berzerker... give it a try