Old November 17, 2003, 17:40   #1
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 14:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The Simvization
I just thought about this crazy idea about mixing an already made game, with Civilization (Pick a number )... do you have any great, funny ideas for such games?

The Simvization
The Sims meets Civilization

Now you can attack your neighbors, and if you're lucky you can take prisoners (Or buy neighbors), who can do your job for you. No more cleaning bathroom, making beds, just set your neighbors to do the job. Though be careful, they take double time to the same work.
Also if you've got a big enough house compared to your neighbors, they might want to join you: Become you to own. You can now do whatever you want to do with their home... from your home... Want to sell it, leaving them on the streets? No problem!

How about you? Have you got any funny, crazy ideas for such games? Doesn't necesary have to be with Civilization
Old November 17, 2003, 18:11   #2
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 06:42
Bah, the maid already does all that while I'm at work, and her services are dirt-cheap. (That's one gripe I always had about the sims: an unemployed bum

/me points at self

can afford the services of the maid and a gardener! And, well, go to clean the rat cages once or twice in two-week period. And that's it. You can afford that service... Maybe they should also add a butler, too, who will open the door, and call your friends over for a party every now and then?)

Any way, enough gripes here, eh?

Crazy ideas, hmmm? I think I'll develop on your crazy one for now.

Well, there would have to be culture flips! I mean, imagine the fun, when you've got a wife that can cook well, and so the neighbors take down the fence between your properties and you gain control over them. That's a crazy idea alright.
Spore page
Old November 17, 2003, 18:52   #3
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 12:42
'GhandiCiv'

where you have to win the game by spreading lots of love and world peace around(but it would be very hard as you would have AI world leaders like er........Stalin......and er.....Bush ).

We can all live as brothers and sisters
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old November 17, 2003, 19:21   #4
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 06:42
GhandiCiv... Love... World Peace... You haven't played Civ3?
Spore page
Old November 17, 2003, 19:49   #5
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

er....... no i havent I sort of vowed not to in one of those silly momments.
Still if its got 'GhadiCiv' in it then i'm impressed........ or are you just trying to weaken my resolve?........Mr Sid?
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old November 17, 2003, 20:27   #6
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 13:42
Re: The Simvization
Quote:
Originally posted by ADG
I just thought about this crazy idea about mixing an already made game, with Civilization (Pick a number )... do you have any great, funny ideas for such games?

The Simvization
The Sims meets Civilization
Congratulations. You've found the only possible way to competely ruin a civ game.
Old November 17, 2003, 21:05   #7
Space05us
King

Local Time: 00:42
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Congratulations. You've found the only possible way to competely ruin a civ game
no he didnt, you can ruin any civ game by tacking 3 at the end of it.
Old November 18, 2003, 05:39   #8
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

And fix it by upgrading it to CIV3C.

(not that it was broken in the first place)
Old November 18, 2003, 07:10   #9
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Re: Re: The Simvization
Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpike
Congratulations. You've found the only possible way to competely ruin a civ game.
I do my best
Old November 18, 2003, 07:13   #10
DrSpike
Deity

Be thankful I'm in a good mood this morning.
Old November 18, 2003, 08:08   #11
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Lemmings : Total War?
Complete a series of tricky obstacle courses whilst engaging in huge battles in real time. Experience the mayhem with over 10,000 lemmings on screen in battle to the death. Can you do any better that that? 100% must be saved... you reach for the nuke button. Climbers assault enemy fortresses, floaters paradrop in from above, miners tunnel under thier walls, bashers mix it up in taxing hand to hand combat to the death. Oh no! time is running out! Features a remix of the original Lemmings music by the artist formerly known as Prince.

Sim Pong Manager?
You take the role of a pong paddle is this gripping simulation of the life of some green pixels. The game uses only a text-based interface in real time to fully capture that "oldies" feeling. Type "move upwards" or "move downwards" to manage your team during a game. Recreate the golden age of computer gaming. Can YOU reach the top of the Pong Premier League? Multiplayer coming in 2008.

Baldur's Worms?
Set in the Forgotten Realms, this new adventure/roleplaying/action game sees your party of brave worms trying to save the magical world of Faerun from the evil Necromancer. Blow up dragons with exploding sheep! Kill wizards with Uzis! Punch orcs into the water! Place dynamite to bring down castle walls! All this and more! Coming soon from Jamskisoft.

Sonic the Emperor?
Caligula made a horse a senator. Now a blue hedgehog is the Emperor of Rome! This turn based stratagy game is closely related to Mahjong, but when you match two tiles you can either play a short platform game to gain points, or use your points to expand and defend the Roman Empire. A must-buy for Xmas 2034.

Formula Civ Racing?
Race entire civilisiations round famous tracks at speeds in excess of 200mph. Watch out for culture-flips on the sharp corners.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old November 18, 2003, 08:15   #12
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 23:42
:applause:
Old November 18, 2003, 08:25   #13
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

/me takes a bow *

Someone must be able to top that though.

-Jam
Old November 18, 2003, 10:02   #14
lord of the mark
Deity

Local Time: 08:42
Will Wright's Gettysburg!

You start out with a small National Park Service budget, and get to buy land at the site of the most famous American Civil War battle. Build monuments, visitors centers, roads. Zone for tourist shops, Bed and Breakfasts etc. Allow too much development and see you aura go down and people stop coming to the site - if your aura and budget get too bad Washington will transfer you to a job in the Dept of Interior basement. OTOH if you restrict development too much, the locals will sue, or even riot.
All in real time, BUT ITS NOT YOUR TYPICAL RTS (TM)
Old November 18, 2003, 10:10   #15
Jamski
Deity

I guess that's funny if you know who Will Wright is

-Jam
Old November 18, 2003, 11:06   #16
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Will Wright = The creator of SimAnything
Old November 18, 2003, 13:28   #17
Jamski
Deity

Ah I see.

Mine were better then

-Jam
Old November 18, 2003, 14:56   #18
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

MonkeyCraft
Join Guybrush in his wacky adventure defeating the Ghost Pirate LeChuck by collecting minerals and rush-producing zerglings. Should you attempt to defeat your enemy by saying they "fight like a dairy-farmer", or just send in your battle-cruiser?
Old November 18, 2003, 15:04   #19
DrSpike
Deity

I am rubber you are glue!

Leave Chuckie alone.
Old November 18, 2003, 15:41   #20
Skanky Burns

"My last struggle ended with my hands covered in blood!"

That was a great game. I still have the hintbook with all the insults and answers lying around somewhere.
Old November 18, 2003, 16:07   #21
Jamski
Deity

Le Chuck = Chuckie (from Childsplay?)

Now that's a scary one.

-Jam
Old November 18, 2003, 18:46   #22
DrSpike
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
"My last struggle ended with my hands covered in blood!"

That was a great game. I still have the hintbook with all the insults and answers lying around somewhere.
I posted all the insults in the Monkey Island thread a while back.
Old November 18, 2003, 19:27   #23
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Le Chuck = Chuckie (from Childsplay?)

Now that's a scary one.

-Jam
Nah,
LeChuck = Monkey island.., jeez, don't they teach anything at school anymore, such a treu classic...
Old November 18, 2003, 19:27   #24
Skanky Burns

Well there goes the idea for starting my fourth ever thread.
Still trying to thing of more cross-over games, but most games I play have just one-word titles.
Old November 18, 2003, 21:19   #25
Jamski
Deity

That one went whoosh over Alva's head, eh

-Jam
Old November 18, 2003, 23:40   #26
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 07:42
Duke Nukem's Civilisations.

Annoyed by that stupid dove Senate?

Want a break from a boring, peaceful civ?

Now you get an opportunity to interact with the AI leaders one-on-one.

Of course, they aren't going to just let you come right up to them. You're going to have to find them. You're going to have to battle warriors from all ages, from the Ancients to the space race.

Watch out for those sneaky paratroopers, or even the cruise missiles!

But most of all, make sure you deactivate all the nuclear weapons in the area. If one goes off anywhere near you, you will be toast.

Kill the engineers, before all the units show up along the railroads, and especially the diplomats! If you are too low on health, they will be able to 'bribe' Duke Nukem.

And most of all, don't let the invisible sub crush you when swimming. We warned you.
Old November 20, 2003, 04:48   #27
Asmodean
Civilization III Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

EA FIFA Civilization Football 2004

Watch the bloodiest form of football ever witnessed by man. Let teams of Greek Hoplites slug it out on the pitch with English Man O' Wars. Have your pikemen defeat knights in a penalty shootout.

That and much more in EA FIFA Civilization Football 2004

Build temples where you players can worship and gain extra strength. Build roads between the different stadia and watch your conscripted fans travel from game to game.

Fully developed diplomacy system. Trade players or stadia. Declare war on other footie civs and have the matches played out as combat football for that extra touch. (Nothing like a game of footie between a team of stealth bombers and a team of modern armor: SAS = Surface to Air Soccer).

EA FIFA Civilization Football coming soon to a PC near you.

It's in the game

Asmodean