Old November 18, 2003, 13:08   #1
Lunacy
Settler

Local Time: 12:46
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Determining % of land conquered
Hi all,

The new CONQUESTS game provides a very nice screen where you can see the percentage of land you've conquered and the percentage of world population within your empire. Does anyone know if there's a way of determining this information in the PLAY THE WORLD version of the game? I'm currently playing a wild PTW game in which the only viable opponent I have left is Persia. I'm ahead in the score by about 100 points but Persia is way ahead of me in science. Persia already has modern armor and infranty while I'm just getting tanks. We've been pretty civil to one another since we've been busy destroying all the other civs. The problem is that now it's basically come down to the two of us. I don't think I can take Persia on right now in combat so I've been attempting to take as much land as possible to see if I end up with a domination victory. Persia destroyed the poor English but didn't take their land as they were doing so so there's a lot of empty land. I'm spouting settlers like crazy and settling the land BUT I'm not sure if there's going to be enough land for the domination victory. Anyone know if there's some way in PTW to see that land percentage?

Thank you
Lunacy
Old November 18, 2003, 13:35   #2
spy14
Prince

Local Time: 12:46
There isnt any way that I know of in PTW - what you do need to bear in mind is that you need 66% of the worlds population as well as its land. And you're running out of time, as Persia tends to get bored easily

Posting the save file might give people some ideas.
Old November 18, 2003, 14:28   #3
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 08:46
Ths is a tool to do the calculation. I am not sure if it is here, but it is on CFC. I never used it, so I do not recall the name.
Old November 18, 2003, 15:03   #4
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 05:46
Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1
Ths is a tool to do the calculation. I am not sure if it is here, but it is on CFC. I never used it, so I do not recall the name.
It's called Mapstat and it is here on 'Poly. It's posted in the Civ3 files forum. Link is HERE
Old November 18, 2003, 15:52   #5
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 13:46
It doesn't seem to work with PTW, is there an updated version somewhere?
Old November 18, 2003, 20:44   #6
Purple
Prince

Local Time: 07:46
My version of MapStat (v. 3.1 alpha 2) does work with PTW, although it always defaults to the main Civ3 Saves folder and you have to browse to get to the correct folder for PTW games. It also works for Conquests.

I don't know if there's a more recent version.
Old November 19, 2003, 03:44   #7
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

I've got 3.0 I think. It also defaults to the civ3 folder but If I open a PTW save it gives 'odd' results, always insisting that the mongols are the only tribe in the game

I'll see if I can find a more recent version.....
Old November 19, 2003, 05:23   #8
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Found it, did a search on the net and found it on a polish site!?! Also found it on CFC.

3.1a2 works like a charm, even on PTW-saves Just found out that on a current game(scandinavia, tiny map) it will be faster to conquer the world than win by domination
Old November 19, 2003, 15:05   #9
Gangerolf
Prince

"The new CONQUESTS game provides a very nice screen where you can see the percentage of land you've conquered and the percentage of world population within your empire."

great news
Old November 19, 2003, 18:40   #10
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 22:46
Quote:
Originally posted by bongo
Found it, did a search on the net and found it on a polish site!?! Also found it on CFC.

3.1a2 works like a charm, even on PTW-saves Just found out that on a current game(scandinavia, tiny map) it will be faster to conquer the world than win by domination
Yep jsut found it too, took a bit of reasearching it the new mapstats ptw windows alpha version

IT surprised me how far in my current game i am from domination, i have never achieved domination, usually end up with conquest before domination.
Current game i have plenty of population but still need another 734 tiles. Which by a quick look looks like nearly all the land occupied by all the other civs.

Does the domination requirement of 2/3 include the water, if so how do i control that? and does that make it so much harder for worlds with less land ??
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old November 20, 2003, 03:52   #11
bongo
lifer
Emperor

The domination requirement includes land+coastal tiles. To own a tile it has to be within your cultural borders. Sea and ocean are not included as they can never be inside anyones borders.
Old November 21, 2003, 13:16   #12
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 22:46
not true. sea can be in border just not ocean.
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old November 22, 2003, 14:02   #13
Purple
Prince

Local Time: 07:46
It might be worth noting here that unlike the in-game report on population and area stats, the MapStat utility gives the statistics for all players (not just for the human player and the nearest rival).
Old November 24, 2003, 19:24   #14
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Wonder when it will hit stores here as well...
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom