Old February 6, 2004, 21:40   #271
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 02:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old February 6, 2004, 21:44   #272
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 13:53
You are so lucky...

I have exam time since last week, and it will run into late March. Two are done, nine are coming...

/me points at Jam but cries instead of laughing
Old February 7, 2004, 01:00   #273
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 06:53
Poor guys Good luck everybody!

Just say so if you need any help on your exams.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 7, 2004, 10:16   #274
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 12:53
I hope y'all don't fail anyway

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 8, 2004, 20:57   #275
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Hmm, perhaps I should have said something more friendly...

Good luck to all exam-takers!

-Jam
Old February 9, 2004, 05:14   #276
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Old February 9, 2004, 05:35   #277
Jamski
Deity

-Jam
Old February 10, 2004, 14:02   #278
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Upload
Many people are having upload problems. Please go here to use the new upload service. I believe this one doesn't have problems.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 11, 2004, 15:32   #279
Snowflake
Princess

To Mead, t-ras, all other comrades including but not limited to those who are interested in the turn playing position:

Please read Dr Kody on Production Management.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 11, 2004, 16:42   #280
Micha
King

Read it and love it
Old February 12, 2004, 01:07   #281
Snowflake
Princess

Isn't he great?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 12, 2004, 01:08   #282
Snowflake
Princess

Mom's coming visit on Saturday for a month. Will have less time and may really need another turn player now.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 12, 2004, 03:21   #283
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 02:53
Have fun, Comrade HongHu!

BAM!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old February 12, 2004, 05:06   #284
Jamski
Deity

Sorry, I havn't posted much - but since we're just waiting to replay our last turn exactly the same as we did it before, what is there to say?

-Jam
Old February 12, 2004, 06:40   #285
Micha
King

I have an A- in my first exam!!!

Old February 12, 2004, 07:02   #286
Micha
King

Who wants to help me out with the Recall update? Last entry is December 21st...

Just pm me some important dates you remember and a brief description what happened then. Best would be a link...

Even if it´s just ONE thing, please send it to me!
Old February 12, 2004, 15:58   #287
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Micha

I have an A- in my first exam!!!
Well done, Comrade! We are so proud of you!

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 12, 2004, 19:19   #288
Jamski
Deity

WHOOOOOOOT!

Well done Micha!

-Jam
Old February 12, 2004, 19:22   #289
Micha
King

Thanks!
Old February 12, 2004, 20:15   #290
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 07:53
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Isn't he great?

It is good.

I notice that he advocates a style of rushing that differs slightly from my own.

I usually will rush a unit/facility/SP only so much that it will finish the next turn.

For example: If my missile chopper needs 42 ECs to rush and the base is producing 10 mins, then I will give it 22 ECs so that it completes the next turn without wasting any ECs. I think Kody states that should give it 20 ECs so that 10 mins carry over to the next item in the production que.

Is my understanding correct?

Mead

I will make an exception to this if I am having Drone Riot problems and I need to rush a Rec Commons or something like that. In that case I would give it all the ECs it needs to complete the job because it won't build the Rec Commons otherwise because of the Riots.
Old February 13, 2004, 00:36   #291
Snowflake
Princess

Depend on the circumstances. If you are tight in cash and don't need to rush again the next turn, you rush it to 1 turn to completion. For example, if the chopper needs 42 ecs to fully rush and the base is producing 11 mins, then you rush 42-11*2=20ecs. Now, if you have some cash and would perhaps rush something again the next turn, then you rush to 10 min carry over. In other words, you don't rush to full, you rush to 42-(11-10)*2 = 40 since you can't carry 11 mins over. This way it's less expensive to rush the next item since we know that the first 10 mins are the most expensive to rush. In the last turn I did this in some bases since we are going to need to rush choppers in some bases.

For example, in Kody I'm building a scout, I rushed it in full instead of to 1 turn left. This way we'll get more minerals next turn and less rush cost. In bases that are producing 12 mins I rushed to full cost - 4 (=(12-10)*2) because only 10 mins can carry over.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 13, 2004, 05:08   #292
Jamski
Deity

Very smart. I almost always rush to finished next turn, because I have stockpile in the queue, so it doesn't matter how many carry over.

-Jam
Old February 13, 2004, 07:57   #293
Micha
King

Well, the stockpile energy will give you the full production output as energy, regardless how much you spend rushing. But the next production will only start with 10 mins maximum.

So by using Kody´s (HongHu´s) formula you get the same but spend less, while you, dear Jamski, waste ecs without benefitting from it.

I wonder whether these sentences make sense...
Old February 13, 2004, 10:34   #294
Jamski
Deity

No you misunderstand. I rush so the production will finish next turn = full price - 2 for each mineral the base will produce, If you rush more than this amount the extra ARE NOT carried over because you are stockpiling, and if you rush less, then the production isn't finished.

-Jam
Old February 13, 2004, 10:57   #295
Snowflake
Princess

If you rush more then to 1 turn to finish, you can have 10 mins carry over to the next turn even if you have stockpile in your queue. That's what I have been doing. And I have always had both the ecs and the carry over I believe.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 13, 2004, 11:57   #296
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 05:53
Well that was one hell of a week, in exactly 2 hours I my second-last mid-term (the last one is on the 23rd but that one will be easy, I hope). I’ll be returning slowly over the course of the next few days in order to give me time to recuperate, but unfortunately will not be able to contribute significantly until the week of the 23rd for I have at least 2 papers to write over the following week (stupid Eastern European democratization, this would have been easier if they were just communist, damn Gorbachev and his reforms that caused the collapse of the USSR thank to him I now have to do this work). But from what I see and hear the Hive is functioning well, keep up the good work. I’m going to collapse on my keyboard now and get a few min of sleep before class.
Old February 13, 2004, 12:24   #297
Snowflake
Princess

Keep up with the good work dear Chairman. The people of Eastern Europe rely on you. And PEACE will keep repeating the 2156 turn until you come back.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 13, 2004, 17:53   #298
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 07:53
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Depend on the circumstances. If you are tight in cash and don't need to rush again the next turn, you rush it to 1 turn to completion. For example, if the chopper needs 42 ecs to fully rush and the base is producing 11 mins, then you rush 42-11*2=20ecs. Now, if you have some cash and would perhaps rush something again the next turn, then you rush to 10 min carry over. In other words, you don't rush to full, you rush to 42-(11-10)*2 = 40 since you can't carry 11 mins over. This way it's less expensive to rush the next item since we know that the first 10 mins are the most expensive to rush. In the last turn I did this in some bases since we are going to need to rush choppers in some bases.
People said I would learn a lot here. They were right. My education continues.

Quote:
For example, in Kody I'm building a scout, I rushed it in full instead of to 1 turn left.
I was wondering why you did that. Now I know. Thanks.

Mead
Old February 13, 2004, 18:10   #299
Snowflake
Princess

About all the SMAC skills I currently have I learnt it here.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 15, 2004, 05:06   #300
Snowflake
Princess

I'm so very much tired.

Grapefruit Garden