Old February 15, 2004, 13:50   #301
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 12:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
/me plumps up a few pillows for HongHu *

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 17, 2004, 11:31   #302
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 06:53
My throat hurt like hell and now the meds makes me dizzy.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 17, 2004, 12:44   #303
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 13:53
Milk´n´honey is the best thing to cure throat aches!!!
Then eat a grapefruit, or two citrons, and voilá!

Get well soon, Comrade.
Old February 17, 2004, 15:23   #304
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Thank you dear Micha.

I've never thought of honey but now that you mention it it fits the Chinese medicine theroy very well.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 18, 2004, 04:34   #305
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Honey is great for sore throats, as is whiskey. Try the two together (yes seriously) for quick relief.

Needs to be hot enough that the honey melts.

-Jam
Old February 18, 2004, 11:41   #306
Snowflake
Princess

You are really serious? How do I get whiskey to be hot enough? I'm really anxious to try that one out.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 19, 2004, 01:56   #307
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 07:53
ugh. im so tired. its 1am and i have to commute at 6 in the morning... sux. But I decided to drop by because I was checking OT forum today anyway.

Hope everything is going well. Id love to get involved more... but well you guys been doing well without me so far.
Old February 19, 2004, 04:21   #308
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 02:53
good luck Zero! Kick a**

Woot!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old February 19, 2004, 05:38   #309
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 14:53
hay to all!!!
after not spamming any one but my soldiers for a week i'm back and spamming again!

sooo...what do we read for lunch?
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 19, 2004, 11:47   #310
Snowflake
Princess

Zero! It'd be great if you can get involved more! We need you. Right now only me, mead and t-ras are doing the actual managing of the game, with others offering ideas and suggestions. I would like to have more people get their hands on the turn so that I can step back a little. If you notice I haven't been able to get to my pcs these couple nights and you all know that I can't play the game at work.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 19, 2004, 11:51   #311
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by t_ras

sooo...what do we read for lunch?
How about How To Save Somebody From Being Killed By Her Badly Hurting Throat?

Well actually I've been reading Nightfall. I've only been able to read it little by little, unlike before, I'd have to finish the book before I go do anything else. But it is a very good read.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 20, 2004, 04:30   #312
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
You are really serious? How do I get whiskey to be hot enough? I'm really anxious to try that one out
I am serious. Put it in a small saucepan on a low heat for a short time (about 20-30 seconds) - or microwave it.

-Jam
Old February 20, 2004, 15:11   #313
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

How about asking the drones for a covert operations report on CyCon? Else we´d have to guess their strength from old data...
Old February 21, 2004, 04:11   #314
Snowflake
Princess

This is a good idea. I will ask them tomorrow if I have time.

It's already passed 2am and I'm going to bed now. I will try come back around 10pm tomorrow. Please look at the turn and give me any feedbacks. Thanks!

Night!

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 23, 2004, 04:34   #315
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 05:53
Boy do I feel guilty leaving all the work on the shoulders of HongHu, T-ras, and Mead. I promise that I will be back at the lasted by March 15th. I have my Eastern European Politics and Government exam tomorrow, 17th and 18th Century philosophy exam on March 4th, two papers due on March 8th, and I’m going to an academic conference from March 9th to March 15th (in between all this there’s probably a few assignments I have failed to remember). So my schedule is looking rather busy lately, it will ease up as soon as the papers are finished though, hopefully by then I’ll have recuperated. But in the mean time I still check in periodically to see what we’re up to. 7 hours until exam, 5 hours before I have to get up so I should be off to bed. Good night all.
Old February 23, 2004, 04:46   #316
Micha
King

Good night and good luck! (I feel your pain...)
Old February 23, 2004, 11:56   #317
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 14:53
i am at reserv duty most of the time till 11/3, so ill be up only now and then...sorry
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 23, 2004, 20:00   #318
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

The next few weeks are starting to look like we may be done to only a few actives until mid-March.

Where's everyone else?

Hong Hu could you please walk me through what I have to do in order to upload a save in case I have to be the Turnplayer sometime over the next few weeks.

You are doing a good job and I do not want to have to do it unless necessary. I don't mind running simulations and doing parallel turns, but because we have had good success with you as Turnplayer I feel more comfortable with you continuing.

That being said, I want to ensure I know the mechanics of uploading a save just in case I have to.

Mead
Old February 24, 2004, 05:18   #319
Micha
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mead
The next few weeks are starting to look like we may be done to only a few actives until mid-March.
Where's everyone else?
Oh how true that is...

I´ll be offline from tomorrow till at least mid-march to enjoy my (earned) winter holidays! I´ll be skiing for the first time in my life, let´s see how it works Maybe I´m as lucky as usual and brake a leg, then you´d have to wait a bit longer for my return...

However, I wish you all the best, much fun and good luck beating the CyCon!!! I hope I´ll be back in time to witness their last turns!

Don´t be a disgrace to our founder, the great Chairman Yang!
Old February 24, 2004, 11:44   #320
Jamski
Deity

Sorry - the local "Arbeitsamt" (employment office) are kind of leaning on me. They think its time I got a job. That and its Karneval this week as well... all a bit hectic...

-Jam
Old February 24, 2004, 14:07   #321
Snowflake
Princess

Lol wow looks like everyone's been busy, exactly at a time when I thought I may be able to get off a little load myself.

I've been in a hearing of a rate case so I wasn't able to come online much these couple days. The hearing is scheduled for two weeks but I was scheduled to appear today. However the hearing is going slow so it is still not my turn to go up on the stand yet. Most possibly will be tomorrow. After that I will be able to come online a little more often.

Mead I would want to talk to you about uploading the save and other things about the turn. Looks like you and me are all that are left that can actually shoulder some loads, with me having my own work piling on my shoulder also. So it is mostly possible that you would have to be the one who's doing the turns. Please make sure you check the Drone's forum often because we are coorperating with them very closely. I will try to talk to you after I finish my testimony of the rate case.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 24, 2004, 19:39   #322
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu

Please make sure you check the Drone's forum often because we are coorperating with them very closely.

How do I check their forum?

I have been in their forum, nor to the embassy I have heard mentioned in the past.

Where is the embassy how do I get in.

Please take whatever steps are necessary to let the Drones and whoever else needs to know that I might be taking a more active role in the operation in the game over the next few weeks.

I am not sure that the Drones nor others in the ACDG know who I am, never mind that I might be authorized to act on the Hive's behalf.

Mead
Old February 24, 2004, 21:55   #323
Snowflake
Princess

Go here you'll see the embassy listed. I'll check to make sure you have access to it.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 24, 2004, 21:57   #324
Snowflake
Princess

Can you get on MSN right now Mead?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 25, 2004, 21:14   #325
Mead
King

Quote:
Go here you'll see the embassy listed. I'll check to make sure you have access to it.
I clicked it but it brought me to a bar.

(Rec Commons)

I saw some unsavory charactures in their (CyCon, AOE members).

Did I do something wrong.

Mead
Old February 26, 2004, 01:08   #326
Snowflake
Princess

No you haven't. You are not granted access I think. I have asked buster to add you. I'll let you know when he adds you.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 26, 2004, 19:02   #327
Snowflake
Princess

Mead, buster can't add you because you have not registered at CGN. Please do that and I'll ask him to add you again.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 26, 2004, 22:29   #328
Mead
King

Quote:
Mead, buster can't add you because you have not registered at CGN. Please do that and I'll ask him to add you again.
Hong Hu,

I just completed my registration, as Mead, on CGN.

Please let Buster know that I am now registered there.

Mead
Old February 26, 2004, 23:57   #329
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Hey HongHu.

It's good to finally have access to this forum.
Old February 27, 2004, 10:59   #330
Snowflake
Princess

Hi Arnelos!!! Wow, didn't know you are secretly planning to invade our forum. Welcome!

Look at us, yesterday we had 24 members and we are now having 28 members just over night! Has Jamski been working hard for the 10 children policy again?

I was gonna tell everybody that I invited Rubin, a very good SMACer and strategist here to our forum. In a pbem I was in with him, he grabbed 4 out of 5 good starting SPs from me and also send in an elite probe troop deep into my pactmates center teritory and destroyed 3 SPs of his. Can you imagine that?

I would also like to know who is Tripledoc and JustinSane. Anybody who knows them please give us a short introductory. Perhaps you guys can give us some self-introduction if you feel like to.

I'm so glad that we are getting some new blood. And you guys just came in the right moment. I'm sure you'll be delighted to find the excitement of the game and bring us your valuable insights.

I would also like to get everybody's pledge to the team. We all know that there has been worries about CC's infiltration on our forum. I'd like to be able to trust you guys as we trust our long time members that no confidential information of the team will be leaked to other teams.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Grapefruit Garden