Old November 25, 2003, 18:40   #61
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 06:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I think the Poly admins have given me a ban and a special treatment over here for a picture I uploaded by mistake and forgotten to take off. For I can't use my threads, profile, or any other functions. I can't even post to the community forum. But I could do PMs and could post in the ACDG forums including this one.

Thanks Ming if you are reading this for giving me this special treatment for the Hive really need me here and now. Btw could I know how long the partial ban is going to be?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 25, 2003, 18:54   #62
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 22:53
I may have spelled it wrong, is it called it Luft Parade? Where around June in Germany, people follow a convoy of cars playing music towards a festival - followed by many after parties.
Old November 25, 2003, 20:45   #63
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 13:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Vev
I may have spelled it wrong, is it called it Luft Parade? Where around June in Germany, people follow a convoy of cars playing music towards a festival - followed by many after parties.
You spelled it wrong because you tried to use a German Word

Itīs the "Love Parade" - English, because itīs the biggest techno-music festival on earth. Itīs cool, but too much drugs. I plan on attending in in the near future, although they want to close it down because itīs too commercial-oriented now and the fans are condemming that policy.

btw: Luft Parade translates to "Air Parade"
Old November 25, 2003, 22:00   #64
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 07:53
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Welcome to the Hive Mead! I'm sorry that we are in short supply of the "expensive turkeys" but here's a glass of xenorum from me and a xenodoughnut that are made by Comrade Oct X himself.

Thank you.

I have started to look around the forum to figure out what's going on.

Could someone direct me where and how to download and view the game.

I have not played MP before so I have no idea of the mechanics of where to find the turn files or how to download them and view the map/turn.

Mead
Old November 26, 2003, 04:42   #65
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Mead, the only place we can download our turn right now is in the main forum, the drone's turn for us. You probably already know but here it is.

We can't attach anything in this private forum, but I believe we can upload our turn before the end turn and then put a link to it in this forum so that other people can download it. This would be the turn player's job. I don't think this turn has been posted here though.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 26, 2003, 06:23   #66
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 12:53
Then start SMAC, select muliplayer, select hotseat/play by e-mail, select load game, and you're off.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old November 26, 2003, 07:21   #67
Vev
King

Hi Mead, welcome to the Hive. I am the resident lurker. If anyone needs number crunching or probabilistic calculations, that is all I just about do here. Fair to say, there isn't much of that going on.

Micha: Thanks for the info. 'Air Parade' sounds good too.
Old November 26, 2003, 07:28   #68
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Love Parade is EVIL EVIL EVIL!

Basically a load of teenagers drive half of Berlin insane for 3 days being "cool" and playing crappo music in the streets and walking around with blue hair.

-Jam
Old November 26, 2003, 08:52   #69
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mead
I have started to look around the forum to figure out what's going on.

Could someone direct me where and how to download and view the game.

I have not played MP before so I have no idea of the mechanics of where to find the turn files or how to download them and view the map/turn.

Mead
Hello Mead!

Sorry, havenīt noticed you yet hehe
If you manage to download the turn and do what Jamski said to open it, you will be asked to enter the password.

I hope you already know about it, but if you donīt, just PM either HongHu, Voltaire, Jamski, Vev or me. Weīre the most active people around here, though any other Hive member also knows the pw, but weīre the fastest to answer

However, I hope you enjoy your new home, and now that youīre official Hiverian citizen, you have to go to the S.P.A.M. factories and contribute to the Hive!!!

(If you donīt know what Iīm talking about, see Comrade HongHuīs signature )

Have fun!

- Comrade Micha

EDIT: I just found out HongHu has erased that part of her signature
Now Iīm at my room crying. Just in case anyoneīs looking for me. :'(
Old November 26, 2003, 13:06   #70
Snowflake
Princess

Dear Comrade, please don't cry.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 26, 2003, 18:06   #71
Jamski
Deity

No, cry comrade, cry

-Jam
Old November 26, 2003, 20:11   #72
Micha
King

*buahahahaha... buahhhhhhhhhhhhhh*
Old November 26, 2003, 20:29   #73
Jamski
Deity

You mean "Whuh-wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaah! waaaaaah! waaaaaaaaaaaah!"

-Ja
Old November 26, 2003, 20:34   #74
Micha
King

-Ja?

Yes, youīre right, thatīs what I meant. Anyway, would Comrade HongHu please restore her old signature with the explanation of what "SPAM" means?
Old November 27, 2003, 04:37   #75
Jamski
Deity

Its still there don't understand....

-Jam
Old November 27, 2003, 17:30   #76
Snowflake
Princess

Hi, guys, I'm back. Sorry for throwing such a big fit yesterday. You guys are right that it takes time to so something like restructuring. And I have to admit that I had been very encouraged by the fact that more and more people are coming back and start to participate. Please accept my apology. I sincerely hope that people's enthusiasm will not be hampered by my bad temper. I've been enjoying being taken care of by you guys and perhaps I'm a little spoiled.

I'm having some guests in the hourse for the entire week so I'm kind of busy. But I will try to fill in wherever I'm needed.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 27, 2003, 20:05   #77
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
I've been enjoying being taken care of by you guys and perhaps I'm a little spoiled.

-Jam
Old November 27, 2003, 23:27   #78
Micha
King

lol

naughty boy!
Old November 28, 2003, 00:07   #79
Vev
King

dreaming in a spam-like state
Old November 28, 2003, 04:40   #80
Snowflake
Princess

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; November 28, 2003 at 04:48.
Old November 28, 2003, 06:28   #81
Jamski
Deity

-Jam
Old November 28, 2003, 07:33   #82
Vev
King

aren't we having so much fun ... let's here it from directly from the Hive! No one is ever lonely in the Hive ...
Old November 28, 2003, 11:08   #83
Jamski
Deity

DJ Vev is in da house!

-Jam
Old November 30, 2003, 02:51   #84
Vev
King

Ja, let's groove!
Old November 30, 2003, 10:20   #85
Jamski
Deity

YAY!

-Jam
Old November 30, 2003, 16:20   #86
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 05:53
We have a new member: Enigma_Nova!!! As soon as Ming authorizes him (since I cannot seem to do so just yet).
Old November 30, 2003, 19:38   #87
Vev
King

Engima! Welcome aboard. We have an eclectic range of personnel ranging from:

Deity "Worship me!" Tass
Chairman "I watch events happen" Voltaire
Deputy Chairman "You shall comply" Jamski
Minister "Must I do everything?" HongHu
Minister "This chair is great" Octavian X
Minister "Stuff it, I'll just spam" Vev
Ex-member "Why can't the Hive follow a perfectly good plan and carry out all the necessary steps?" Kody

There are others, but we shall see if they post too.
Old November 30, 2003, 20:03   #88
Jamski
Deity

They might.

-Jam
Old December 1, 2003, 00:49   #89
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Vev
Engima! Welcome aboard. We have an eclectic range of personnel ranging from:

Deity "Worship me!" Tass
Chairman "I watch events happen" Voltaire
Deputy Chairman "You shall comply" Jamski
Minister "Must I do everything?" HongHu
Minister "This chair is great" Octavian X
Minister "Stuff it, I'll just spam" Vev
Ex-member "Why can't the Hive follow a perfectly good plan and carry out all the necessary steps?" Kody

There are others, but we shall see if they post too.
That is so accurate.

Oh and don't forget

Historian "Fill me in what happened last twenty years?" Micha
Chief Editor "I am the free press" Vander
New blood "Where and when is the turn chat" Dacole and Mead

But the most important
God "I am invisible but trust me I'm everywhere" GoooooglieGooood

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 1, 2003, 04:07   #90
Jamski
Deity

I want to know when
I said that "You must comply" -
I'm no dictator.

-Jam