Old December 23, 2003, 08:28   #181
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
[QUOTE] Originally posted by HongHu
Well I may not be the best person to answer all of your questions but I will attemp answer a few:

Quote:
You need to change the order of players in your alpha.txt file I think.
Alpha Centauri. ini
Plus there are 2 AI facs.
You have made 2 error(s).
Edit Alpha Centauri.ini and place the following factions in the obvious places:
HIVE
UNIV
BELIEVE
CYBORG
PIRATES
DRONE
ANGELS

Quote:
Good units will be here the next turn or two. Just wait.
Missile rovers for max pwnage

Quote:
More bases would mean we can't pop boom through GA.
Or even at all!
But most likely we can have some PTS booming.

Quote:
I'm so happy that you feel interested in the game. It is indeed pertty fun isn't it?
Indeed. Prepare to learn, gain strength, and crush all opposition.
Rise up or be layed down.
Old December 23, 2003, 09:32   #182
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Quote:
I saw four probes, but only one foil probe, is that a good ratio?

We are pacted with three of the four human faction and very likely to get the governorship so infiltration is not currently a challenging problem for us.
The sea bases are actually fairly well defended probe wise. I feel we made the correct decision on using land base probes against the university.

We currently have Peace and University Infiltrated. A foil probe is heading out to probe the data angels. So I believe we're doing alright. Probe wise, not even taking into account the planetary governorship.

Quote:
I think this is correct. Though we are not very concerned about what drones does since they are our pact brother I think Kody has noticed this and will perhaps talk to buster about this.
I did a simulation of base planting, unless we want to steal terrority from the drones we should let them plant their base first. Our colony pod that was planning on planting a base on the border is getting redirected a different base site.
Old December 23, 2003, 11:27   #183
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 06:53
For people who's leaving for their Christmas vocation, and for people who will work hard through it, () Merry Christmas!

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 24, 2003, 00:51   #184
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Bah humbug!
Old December 24, 2003, 02:53   #185
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

My the Hive Communist Santa bear you gifts of food and labour.
Old December 27, 2003, 11:07   #186
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 12:53
He did

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old December 28, 2003, 09:05   #187
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Christmas n.
An excuse not to post on 'poly

Bah humbug
Old December 28, 2003, 09:53   #188
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
Bah humbug

Its not like any of us even beleive in baby jesus...

-Jam
Old December 28, 2003, 16:44   #189
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

What's humbug? Sorry for the ignorance.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 29, 2003, 09:31   #190
Jamski
Deity

Humbugs are small badger-striped boiled mint sweets.

It's also what Ebeneezer Scrooge says in Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" very often, as a term of disgust.

-Jam
Old December 30, 2003, 01:43   #191
Snowflake
Princess

I can't read the FOREIGN POLICY: What now?/a> thread.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 30, 2003, 10:06   #192
Jamski
Deity

That's beacause the vB tags don't work in thread titles in IE. I can read it in Mozilla.

-Jam
Old December 30, 2003, 17:10   #193
Snowflake
Princess

Jamski is it possible for you to get on MSN now? I have a short time that I can be available but would need to go soon.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 30, 2003, 18:02   #194
Jamski
Deity

Like that you mean?

-Jam
Old December 31, 2003, 01:36   #195
Snowflake
Princess

Sorry dear Jamski. If only you got on a little sooner we would have more time to chat. But as you, I too have a life to take care. Hopefully now that you've taken interest again in the Hive team, maybe you'll be on MSN more often and we'll be able to catch each other one of these days.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 31, 2003, 08:30   #196
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Hopefully now that you've taken interest again in the Hive team
Could you make me a member of the bloddy "Hive Team" then, and all the other Hive citizens too? We might take MORE of an interest if we were actually able to participate, instead of being excluded from a secret forum. 36 hours to blow it open and counting...

-Jam
Old December 31, 2003, 22:53   #197
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Tempting fate are you not? Inviting me to add for what I could do? Recall the lessons of previous then decide to call for me.

Okay, that was a bit abstract. Never you mind, I will float around.
Old January 1, 2004, 04:15   #198
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Enigma,

I noticed you on, can you get on MSN because I need a 2nd opinion on an issue, and nobody else may get on before the deadline in the next 6 hours.
Old January 1, 2004, 11:08   #199
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

There's little point using the Poly forum as an Instant Messaging service.

What was I going to say again?
DAMMIT. Will edit later.
Old January 1, 2004, 13:52   #200
Jamski
Deity

Ah the hello thread. We had some good times, eh? *sniffles*

-Jam
Old January 1, 2004, 14:41   #201
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski

Could you make me a member of the bloddy "Hive Team" then, and all the other Hive citizens too? We might take MORE of an interest if we were actually able to participate, instead of being excluded from a secret forum. 36 hours to blow it open and counting...

-Jam
Dear Jamski, I don't have the power to make you a member of the bloddy "Hive Team", nor anybody else, although I had tried many ways, the last being to resort to outside factions. (for others who do not know what I'm taking about, I told CC that Jamski is in favor of CCs and they should try to get him back to the Hive game. It didn't turn out as my hoped though. ) Only you yourself has that power.

As for "a secret forum", you could have got in if you just tried to give some real discussions on the game. However as sad or good (depending on how you view it)as it seemed, the shaddow forum will be closed now because of your effort. So I'm sorry to tell you you would have to be "excluded" from that.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 1, 2004, 16:03   #202
Snowflake
Princess

I forgot to say Happy new year to everybody.

Happy new year!

And here's wish everybody in the Hive a happy and productive year!

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 1, 2004, 16:15   #203
Snowflake
Princess

Jamski you didn't get on MSN today. I stayed there for a long time. Guess you just don't want to talk to me any more. Are you really angry? I thought you liked playing hard.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 2, 2004, 09:00   #204
Jamski
Deity

It was new years day. I spent most of it on the sofa watching old films I'm on now.... but you're not

-Jam
Old January 3, 2004, 08:09   #205
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

The messages persist, Jamski. No good mentioning something that happens at the time of the post.
Old January 3, 2004, 09:29   #206
Jamski
Deity

What IS your problem, for Christ's sake? You last post has no purpose except to get up my nose, and has NO relevance what so ever. Why, may I ask?

-Jam
Old January 5, 2004, 04:01   #207
Snowflake
Princess

Just a hello to everybody. Thanks for all the discussions and support for me. I will have more time after tomorrow night and I will try and post more.

One thing I would like to say is that I am really happy that we are an active team again. I am confident with these many talents in the team we can accomplish anything.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 5, 2004, 11:57   #208
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
I am confident with these many talents in the team we can accomplish anything
You may be a talent, but I'm a b-drone.

-Jam
Old January 5, 2004, 21:18   #209
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
What IS your problem, for Christ's sake?
I'm a brilliant mind stifled by a world of idiots and am far too angry to ever partake in your idiotic games.

READ: I'm going to crush each and every last one of you if it's the last thing I do. Being in the same plane of being as you makes my skin crawl, being influenced by you makes my blood boul, so I become far too angry to bother hiding my feelings or controlling my speech; Take the result and work with it. I'm tired of being ****ed around.
Old January 5, 2004, 21:19   #210
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
You may be a talent, but I'm a b-drone.
-Jam
I'm a highly educated yet dissentful being.
So I have parts of both talent and drone. I'm a worker.