Old December 9, 2003, 20:23   #121
gnome
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Warlord

Local Time: 07:56
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Count me in, please. I accept the pledge.
Old December 9, 2003, 23:17   #122
Sharpe
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:56
I would be interested in joining too - probably will mostly lurk - I will also accept the pledge.
Old December 10, 2003, 01:47   #123
jordie
PtWDG Lux InvictaCivilization III MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Warlord

Local Time: 22:56
Hey, sign me up please! I won't have conquests for a little while, but I can still help out right?

Oh, and I accept the pledge.
Old December 10, 2003, 06:48   #124
Ennet
PtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Prince

Local Time: 13:56
what's the swimsuit competition?!?

A.D 300, after 5h of playing DonHomer said: "looks like civ2 could be a good way to kill time if i can get the hang of it :P"
Old December 10, 2003, 07:21   #125
pauli
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

Send me a PM telling me a little about yourself, I see you registered in 2000 and have 257 posts. Do you post at any forums other than here, that are involved in this Demogame? Which forums do you usually post in at Apoly?
You know stuff like that.

Go ahead and accept the pledge as well.

I dont want to exclude anyone, its just that this game is a big deal and we have to be somewhat carefull.
i've got little interest in kowtowing. count me out.
Old December 10, 2003, 10:04   #126
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by pauli

Well thats to bad, I was going to send you a PM today.

For the record, it is not kowtowing, we WANT to get as many people invovled as possible, yet we have to be careful.

What would stop someone from another site from registering here and then saying I want to join the Demo game?

I will send you a PM today anyway, because we as a group at least owe you that.
Old December 10, 2003, 10:29   #127
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:56
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:

Uh oh!

Sorry if we gave you the wrong impression, pauli, we are just genuinely curious. Anyone is more than welcome to join in, it's just that we'd like to hear about you a bit, if you don't mind. A lot of us know each other from the forums already, so we're always eager to meet someone new. If not, that's cool too, and there's no problem authorising you for the forum.

Don't let this little misunderstanding stop you from coming in, even if you just want to lurk and not post often.

Hope this helps clear things up.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old December 10, 2003, 10:45   #128
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Ennet
what's the swimsuit competition?!?
When you get to know Ghengis you will understand, and believe me he is difficult , at best to explain!

Dont worry about it and everyone please be patient, Im working on authorizations today in between RL stuff. Thanks!
Old December 10, 2003, 13:38   #129
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:

Woah, there pauli. No one was talking about 'kowtowing'. See MWIA's post above. I agree that you have been a member of Poly ....(hey, I get it) (are you sure you aren't a Mark or Dan DL??? ) ... for awhile. But folks in this part of the community do not know you that well, or someone would have vouched for you by now.

And demo games require a considerable amount of time and energy, as conmcb25 has pointed out. We just want to know who is on the team and make sure eveyone is legit - and by legit we generally mean not a DL from another site we are competing against. The reasons are fairly obvious.

This community - I have found - is very accepting of new folks (although at this point MWIA might remind me of one incident from my past... ). So, if you are still keen, please try and see this from our perpsective. Tell us a bit about yourself and your civ experience (no experience is OK too btw) and then we can get to know you. Trust me - it is painless. And the game will be fun.
Old December 10, 2003, 23:14   #130
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Ennet
Sharpe
Gnome

All authorized

Email sent to pauli

Everyone else who has expressed interest needs to join the civgroup first
Old December 11, 2003, 02:56   #131
sprudl
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 14:56
I'm interested. I hope it's not yet too late to join. And of course I accept the pledge.
Old December 15, 2003, 14:56   #132
Snotty
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Hot enamel let me know this was starting, and I'd like to throw my name in. I've not done one of these before so I may be a little slow off the mark. Pointers would be appreciated.
Old December 15, 2003, 15:03   #133
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Snotty
Hot enamel let me know this was starting, and I'd like to throw my name in. I've not done one of these before so I may be a little slow off the mark. Pointers would be appreciated.
Please take the pledge Snotty

Thanks!

(PS its in the first post)
Old December 15, 2003, 15:19   #134
Snotty
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

I do solemnly etc,

Death to all cheaters!

happy?
Old December 15, 2003, 15:26   #135
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Snotty
I do solemnly etc,

Death to all cheaters!

happy?
Yep we all are. (We all took the pledge)

Im working on authorizations today on and off and hopefully should have you fixed up in the next couple of hours.

(You too sprudl)
Old December 17, 2003, 00:18   #136
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:56
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Just a little word of warning - that forum is a mess right now with all the setup polls going on. Once they are sorted things will look MUCH better. So if you are a bit frustrated at all the chaos, just chill and check in every now and again - we'll soon get to civving.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old December 17, 2003, 11:23   #137
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

sprudl and Snotty Authorized
Old December 17, 2003, 20:42   #138
jordie
PtWDG Lux InvictaCivilization III MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Warlord

Local Time: 22:56
OK, I signed up in the civ group. And I accept the pledge..
Old December 18, 2003, 05:41   #139
jagjef
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Vox
Prince

Hi, I want to join also.
Old December 18, 2003, 09:33   #140
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by jagjef
Hi, I want to join also.
Take the pledge please. Thanks
Old December 18, 2003, 10:30   #141
jagjef
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Vox
Prince

Oh, yes the pledge...
I do accept the pledge.

May the Princess of Apolytonia Sail for ever...
Old December 18, 2003, 11:29   #142
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

jordie and jagdef authorized
Old December 18, 2003, 19:51   #143
SirOsis
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

I accept your stinkin pledge!

Is there anyone interested in being the historian? We need to document why the Apolyton civ was destined to rule the world. Superior intellect and strategy obviously.

I am interested in keeping a history of the great Civilization that will be. If there are other that wish to assist speak up!
Old December 19, 2003, 10:47   #144
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by SirOsis
I accept your stinkin pledge!

Is there anyone interested in being the historian? We need to document why the Apolyton civ was destined to rule the world. Superior intellect and strategy obviously.

I am interested in keeping a history of the great Civilization that will be. If there are other that wish to assist speak up!
I believe rush is interested in working on a history as well. And two should be better than one, a collaboration would be a great idea.

You should be authorized shortly
Old December 21, 2003, 22:29   #145
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

I want to Join too.
and I take the pledge: Ich Bin Ein Apolytoner.....
Old December 21, 2003, 23:43   #146
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:56
Right, sign me up. I take the pledge, but I doubt you will find anyone willing to vouch for me.
Old December 22, 2003, 00:39   #147
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 05:56
Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Right, sign me up. I take the pledge, but I doubt you will find anyone willing to vouch for me.
Why would anyone vouch for this guy?
Old December 22, 2003, 04:03   #148
ormuzd
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityC4DG The HordeC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

Having the expansion, I'd like to join too.
Oh, and I take the pledge.

Whatr else? Yes, join the group.
Old December 26, 2003, 21:04   #149
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Ah, I think I'll join, but just to lurk for now.

[EDIT]
/me resites the Pledge
[/edit]
As If I really had to....

E_T
Old December 27, 2003, 00:38   #150
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 21:56
I am willing to join

and agree tp the pledge!

Last edited by Paddy; December 27, 2003 at 00:46.