Old January 20, 2004, 19:25   #331
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 12:58
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
relaxed tea always deserves a smile
It does indeed Thanks Drogue.
Hey, actually you seem to be pretty relaxed recently, all these free drinks and smiles. Whatever happened to "Please do not ask for credit as a punch in the teeth often offends"?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 20, 2004, 19:43   #332
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:58
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu

Thank you Mister. It is not for the grapefruit of love that she is living, it is for the seek of it. As long as she is still searching for it, she will still be alive.
Ah I understand. It is better to travel hopefully than.... to arrive.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old January 21, 2004, 05:39   #333
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:58
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Yes she might. But she would die happily.
Oh... okay. Here you go.
Enigma hands HongHu a grapefruit
Now where's that damn player? He agreed to help me kill those stupid fundys down in the dungeon.

Quote:
Originally posted by laurentius
Do you have an empty plug for me?
Plug as in Electrical, or Plug as in Grapefruit-of-Love-related?
Old January 21, 2004, 05:54   #334
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Hey, actually you seem to be pretty relaxed recently, all these free drinks and smiles. Whatever happened to "Please do not ask for credit as a punch in the teeth often offends"?
Well... I like to keep the regulars happy. I'm a gentle bartender really, and lately I haven't had the energy or inclination to bother with rules. Either been in need of a drink myself or to darn happy to care

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old January 21, 2004, 05:55   #335
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Ah I understand. It is better to travel hopefully than.... to arrive.
I would beg to differ. Once you arrive, you may have to find your way around the station, and if you ever were to truly get everything you want, then you would be content and happy.

Old January 21, 2004, 05:59   #336
Drogue
staff

Quote:
HRRR...Hhhey Drogue! Wwwhats up? Hhhows my tab? Could you make something warm for me? Hot water and white xenorum would be just what I'd need.
Coming up...

/me quickly mixes a hot white xenorum, adds a small dash of lemon for a little zing and plants it down in front of Lauri.

Your bartab is being paid by a man in a long black coat still open

Quote:
Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
Electrical...

/me shudders

Old January 21, 2004, 06:02   #337
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 14:58
Quote:
Originally posted by Enigma_Nova

Um, I'm a cyborg. So...YOU DO THE MATH

/me points at enigma and starts to giggle.

there seems to be something wrong with my humour chip..DROGUE!?

- Paul Valery
Old January 21, 2004, 06:06   #338
Drogue
staff

Who me?

I think there's nothing wrong with it. Anyone who utters the phrase "plug as in grapefruit-of-love-related?" deserved to be laughed at

Maybe your future-fortelling chip means you laugh before something funny is said...

/me says something funny.

You see?

Old January 21, 2004, 06:16   #339
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

yeah thats it! And thanks for the rum...

/me scans the bar for the man in the black coat but doesnt find him..

- Paul Valery
Old January 21, 2004, 06:51   #340
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
HRRR...Hhhey Drogue! Wwwhats up? Hhhows my tab? Could you make something warm for me? Hot water and white xenorum would be just what I'd need.
Whoa! Don't give this man a drink, he sound like he's short-circuiting!

/me dives for cover as a shower of sparks fires out of laurentius's head

Where's a fire extinguisher?

/me looks around wildly, finding a CO2 extinguisher. he quickly blasts laurentius, putting out his still sparking head. Unfortunately the CO2 is too concentrated and an unconscious WIA hits the dirt

Old January 21, 2004, 07:22   #341
Drogue
staff

/me laughs at MWIA's silly actions with the fire extinguisher, as the Gorilla carries him outside to get some air. Drogue looks back to the people in the bar, who have hardly flinched at all.

Another drink Lauri?

Old January 21, 2004, 07:43   #342
laurentius
King

/me has plugged himself and is enjoying the warmth of steady energy flow filling his batteries. His moment of enjoy and passion with the plug is violently disturbed by an awful scream by MWIA.

Hey man what are you doing!? Put down the extinguisher!
What?No, Im not on fire! Good Lord Tassadar, I AM on fire!

*swooosh*

/me eats dirt from the power of MWIAs CO2 blast...smoke still rising from his head. MWIA is hitting the ground too and both are now lyuing more or less unconceous on the ground.

*Zzrp* Drouaga? Whaut jsit happemrn? Itx semfns thajt my lamngiage chjip irs sormewayht damagoet...

/me raises his hand to reach MWIA and to buy him a drink for his heroic act but collapses again. Maybe something liquid would wake him up again...?

- Paul Valery

Last edited by laurentius; January 21, 2004 at 07:54.
Old January 21, 2004, 07:46   #343
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 13:58
* Comrade Micha awakes in front of the bar, when a giant cybernetic gorilla comes out carrying a Cyborg with white foam all over his front side *

No, I really don´t want to know what this is all about... Really...

*He shakes his head, noticing a certain headache... Micha wonders why he always does awake leaning on the bar´s front door...*

Well... erm, screw it. Doesn´t really matter.

*He walks back into the tavern, places himself infront of the bar and tries to convince his stomach to start fuctioning again*

Barkeeper, could I please have something to eat? Something... light, to start with... Something VERY light....
Old January 21, 2004, 07:55   #344
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

/me wakes up

Gah! A gorilla!

/me runs off. The gorilla shrugs and wanders back to where he came from. Minutes later WIA returns, clutching a few more extinguishers.

Hey guys I have a fantastic idea!

/me starts spraying the foam over everything.

FOAM PARTY!

Old January 21, 2004, 08:00   #345
Drogue
staff

/me goes over to Lauri with a clear liquid. He pours it over Lauri's burnt head and watches steam rise off. He peers at an open part of Lauri's skull and notices a little swelling, due to the heat. He takes out a screwdriver, undoes the screw, and goes to the back to get a replacement.

/me comes back a few seconds later, screws in the new screw, so that the chips it was holding are no longer loose.

Typical problem when a CyCon get's overexcited during a battery recharge

/me goes into the back to prepare a very light, egg based dish for Micha.

Eggs are good for settling stomachs. Hope you recover soon.

/me smiles, the local drunks are quite calm, and some of his bes customers

Old January 21, 2004, 08:07   #346
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Hey guys I have a fantastic idea!

* MrWhereItsAt starts spraying the foam over everything.

FOAM PARTY!
PARTY!

/me gets the Gorilla to pick up Micha and Lauri and take them to a side room to recover, then puts the jukebox on loud and gets himself a Xenobrew.

Ahhhh, I needed this

Old January 21, 2004, 08:42   #347
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 23:58
Hey, this seems like fun.
Whats to drink around here?
Old January 21, 2004, 08:54   #348
Drogue
staff

Pretty much anything you want. The local beer is Xenobrew, thanks to Method's corporation, but most drinks can be synthed. The Long Island Iced Tea ordered a while ago must go down as a classic. We even had an order for Scumble a short time ago.

BTW: This is my bar that Jamski put in the Dungeon of Apolyton.

Old January 21, 2004, 09:20   #349
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Well, I'll take your strongest bourbon-synth and coke, thanks.
Old January 21, 2004, 09:38   #350
Drogue
staff

/me escapes from the foam and wanders into the back room, hits the control panel of the synth machine a few times, and a brown, stronly smelling liquid come out of the spout, into a waiting tall glass. He takes bottle of the shelf and fills the glass with it, before planting in front of Skanky.

One bourbon and coke. The coke we use has come from the sargasso sea, and so the carbonation is natural. I'd watch it, it's quite a heavy drink

It's not always this rowdy, just MWIA playing with the fire extinguisher. Say, how'd you happen to drop in here? Nice to see new faces in the bar

Old January 21, 2004, 09:55   #351
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

* GeoModder walks in

Hi everyone....

* Looks around, mutters:

What the heck, what's all this?

Anyway, where's the bartender? I like the speciality of the house, please?
I need something to cheer me up...
* Looking

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old January 21, 2004, 09:58   #352
Drogue
staff

Hi GeoModder. This is the Rec Commons bar, the only bar on Planet that all factions can come to. And I'm the bartender

/me goes and makes GeoModder a 'speciality'

This is called a Muraroa. Not only will it cheer you up, it'll make you glow

Old January 21, 2004, 10:26   #353
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

* Picks up the glass, gulps it dow one-time

Haagfggrrhhheeh: That was good, are you sure my fresh implants can take that?

* Accesses geography files on Earth Geography

Muraroa, you say? Some New Zealand origin in it?

* Secondary effects coming up, slight hesitation in precise finger -and hand coordination

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old January 21, 2004, 10:29   #354
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
* Accesses geography files on Earth Geography

Muraroa, you say? Some New Zealand origin in it?
It's where the French did Nuclear tests, IIRC. It's why it makes you glow

I did popularise a Flaming Muraroa once, but that was a while ago.

Old January 21, 2004, 10:43   #355
GeoModder
Deity

I see...

* looking

GLOWING, oh hell, radio activity, I need to decontaminate...

* goes off swimming in chloried water, calling backwards...

Cheers mate, I'll pay later...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old January 21, 2004, 10:47   #356
Skanky Burns

Quote:
Just saw the 'Greatest Alcoholics' thread on page 1 for the first time.... didn't know that I would even rate. Very intriguing stuff. If only the guys kvetching about Demo Gamer post counts in the '150 Emperors!' thread in the Community forum saw all this...
Can you say "too late"?
But I'm here now too, so what can I say against it?

Quote:
Say, how'd you happen to drop in here? Nice to see new faces in the bar
Coding error, apparently.
Old January 21, 2004, 10:49   #357
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:58
*Enigma looks half-heartedly at the foam party
So, remind me again what the rational reason for removing your reproductive drives was again, Lauri? You know that the -1 growth is all that stands between CyCon and Godhood.

*Enigma stands up, and takes a mental note of the people in this place
...So these are your 'regulars'? I'd hate to see your abnormal people here.

*Enigma looks at Skanky
Never mind - found out for myself.
Old January 21, 2004, 11:00   #358
Skanky Burns

Why is he looking at me weirdly?
/me points at Enigma
Old January 21, 2004, 11:18   #359
Drogue
staff

Enigma: All that -1 is is the ability and widespread use of condoms. The only thing between us and godhood is Tassadar our coporeal bodies

/me looks at Enigma

How about a drink, to ease your thought processes?

Old January 21, 2004, 11:34   #360
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 06:58
/me sits in a quiet corner, watching the wild foam party while mindlessly peeling off a grapefruit that mysteriously appeared in her hand.

... Such lovely bitter sweetness ...

* A glowing stranger passes by
*Skanky the purple shoes!

Anything can happen when you are not expecting ...

Grapefruit Garden