Old January 26, 2004, 18:38   #451
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 14:58
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
BTW: Any requests for the next floor? This one probably has less than a week left, so I need to start thinking about what the 8th floor will have. We could do a theme of "Digital Sentience", whereby you simply ask the bar (not the barman, the actual bar) what you want, and it appears in front of you. Or I could do something game related, such as if a faction researches a tech or builds an SP just before we start, I model the new floor on that?
The Cloudbase Drinking Academy?
Old January 26, 2004, 20:22   #452
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac

No, no, the Planetary Boozz Grid.

/me takes the drink longingly *

Thanks, Drogue. I'll already payed it with CyCon Private Business Labour. It starting to look good for the next handover.
Old January 26, 2004, 21:24   #453
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 12:58
Cloudbase Drinking Acadamy gets my vote.

Give me some real beer Drogue, I'm really missing it tonight. I've had enough Pils, Lager and Weißbier for now

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 27, 2004, 04:33   #454
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:58
/me wonders what the obcession with alcoholism is
Y'all are a bunch of booze heads.
/me goes off to conquer you all
Old January 27, 2004, 07:06   #455
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by Micha
Now would you please pour me ... something pure?
Actually, having just bought some pure grain spirit, I do have it on synth. Watch out for the kick though

/me pours Micha a drink, and watches as the Gorilla, on seeing his favourite drink, comes charging towards Micha, feet first...

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old January 27, 2004, 07:07   #456
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Give me some real beer Drogue, I'm really missing it tonight. I've had enough Pils, Lager and Weißbier for now
Real beer as in *real* beer, or as in Xenobrew (just not the lager of Weissbier verions)? The former is in very short supply... *very* short supply, but for the right price I might be able to let a pint out...

And my 100th Rec Commons 7th Floor post All drinks on me, until I post again!

Old January 27, 2004, 07:09   #457
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Love it! It will be done

Quote:
Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
* Enigma_Nova wonders what the obcession with alcoholism is
Y'all are a bunch of booze heads.
* Enigma_Nova goes off to conquer you all
Remember you're in a bar, sonny. Don't insult the locals, they may not like it, personal freedom and all...

/me pours Enigma a coke.

Enjoy

Old January 27, 2004, 08:05   #458
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 13:58
Quote:
Actually, having just bought some pure grain spirit, I do have it on synth. Watch out for the kick though
* Drogue pours Micha a drink, and watches as the Gorilla, on seeing his favourite drink, comes charging towards Micha, feet first...

"kick", huh?

Anyway, thanks!
/me empties his lungs, swallows the clear spirit and then slowly starts breathing again...
Wow! Now this is *cough* really *cough cough* strong... *cough*
/me realizes a quite big cybernetic gorilla charging towards him, but blames the grain spirit for that obvious hallucination
Old January 27, 2004, 08:51   #459
Drogue
staff

/me ducks as the Gorilla goes flying into an obviously startled Micha, knocking him to the floor. A smile creeps across his face as he spies the remains of Micha's drink. He lifts the glass to his lips, downs the remaining liquid, and bounces joyfully back to his post at the door.

/me gets up from behind the bar, and surveys the damage. There is a dent in the bar, about 2 foot in diameter.

Ach, I've gotta teach that Gorilla to ask first!

/me picks up an obviously shaken Micha, not quite sure what just happened...

Good stuff isn't it?

Old January 27, 2004, 09:22   #460
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 23:58
Quote:
And my 100th Rec Commons 7th Floor post All drinks on me, until I post again!
Wow, so for a whole two minutes (while the bar was empty) you offered to pay for drinks. Gee, thanks!

Good thing I had my auto-order circuit enabled.
/me downs some wine after helping Drogue pick Micha back up
Old January 27, 2004, 09:54   #461
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Drogue, I take it you managed to find some pure grain spirit then? Is it basically pure wodka?

And don't lead poor innocent Micha into the paths of sin.

-Jam
Old January 27, 2004, 10:14   #462
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

/me feels a bit

Quote:

Quote:
Good stuff isn't it?
Yummie... Maybe a bit too strong, if you ask me...

Last edited by Micha; January 27, 2004 at 10:20.
Old January 27, 2004, 10:22   #463
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Wow, so for a whole two minutes (while the bar was empty) you offered to pay for drinks. Gee, thanks!
Exactly

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Good thing I had my auto-order circuit enabled.
* Skanky Burns downs some wine after helping Drogue pick Micha back up
Ach, I'll be nice then, free drinks for the remainder of the 7th floor

/me gets a bottle of Sargassian Red for Skanky

This is nice stuff. All blended vintages, but a nice solera style

Old January 27, 2004, 10:25   #464
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Drogue, I take it you managed to find some pure grain spirit then? Is it basically pure wodka?
Yes, many vodkas are pure grain spirit, such as Stolichnaya. I have found a simple one, that is 43%, nice and clean but with a kick, and at £11.49 a bottle, not too expensive. I wanted Polish Pure Spirit, but at £14.99 for half a bottle, it's too much. It is 79.9% though

Quote:
Micha is already doing well on the list of drinkers. I am merely allowing him to express his desire for alcohol

Old January 27, 2004, 10:36   #465
Jamski
Deity

That's 14 POUNDS 99 PENCE for a bottle :eeek!: That's a lot. Move to the mainland, Drogue.

-Jam
Old January 27, 2004, 10:48   #466
Micha
King

Quote:
That's 14 POUNDS 99 PENCE for a bottle :eeek!: That's a lot. Move to the mainland, Drogue.

-Jam
Yay! Come here, Drogue!
Old January 27, 2004, 11:15   #467
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Half a bottle (35cl). But then at 79.9% it is expensive stuff. I know the difference in price though, when I was in Florence I got a bottle of Finlandia and one of Absolut Red (50%) for 25 Euros. Over here it would be about £30.

To give you an idea of prices here:
Smirnoff red: £11
Stolichnaya: £12
Finlandia: £12.50
Absolut: £13.50
All 70cl bottles, between 37.5% and 40% alcohol.

Actually, I'd love to move to continental Europe when I leave uni, but where? And to be honest, I like speaking English. It's not about me not wanting to learn another language, I'd love to do that, but I've spent 19 years becoming proficient at English, and I like the language, as a language. I'm not sure I could get used to using something else for day to day stuff. However I'd love to give it a try Louise loves Italy, so we could go there. I dunno. I loved being in Italy too, the style of things, but I loved Germany when I went on the exchange and before that on holiday. Just the style of the place, the food, the people, even the politics. Not sure I could cope with the Italian black market and Berlesconi, I'm to honest when it comes to business.

Either way, if I can find a decent online supplier, I'm getting my spirits sent over. But with the holiday in the summer, I should be able to pick up on everything I need then

Old January 27, 2004, 13:46   #468
Micha
King

Vodka, 0.7 l, 37.5% : € 4.99

Come join Jamski and me, Drogue! Come to Germany! (It´s also very close to Italy )

And believe me, if you learn a new language by using it every day, you soon start thinking in that language!
Old January 27, 2004, 14:41   #469
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
And believe me, if you learn a new language by using it every day, you soon start thinking in that language!
Yeah, look at all of us, most are very proficient in english now

/me signals Skanky for a share in her his auto-order supply, whispering... *

End of the month, ya know...

Last edited by GeoModder; January 27, 2004 at 16:04.
Old January 27, 2004, 14:44   #470
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Vodka, 0.7 l, 37.5% : € 4.99
Sounds good

We *can* get vodka for £7 a bottle, but it's awful stuff. Decent stuff starts at about £9-10 a bottle.

Old January 27, 2004, 14:47   #471
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
* GeoModder signals Skanky for a share in her auto-order supply, whispering... *
His Don't let the cute avatar fool you, he's just as male as the rest of us.

Old January 27, 2004, 16:02   #472
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:

Just a misspelling (by the avatar). I already knew that much.

/me sights miserably, longing for a drink *
Old January 27, 2004, 16:14   #473
Micha
King

Quote:
Well, not all of us...
/me raises his glass to Comrade HongHu
Old January 27, 2004, 18:18   #474
Jamski
Deity

I thought Micha was short for Michelle *winks outrageously*

Come to Germany Drogue! Join us!

-Jam
Old January 27, 2004, 18:39   #475
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 06:58
/me smiles to Comrade Micha
I'm so glad to be here. Such warmness ...

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 27, 2004, 20:01   #476
Micha
King

Quote:
I thought Micha was short for Michelle *winks outrageously*
/me smacks Jamski

Quote:
-Jam
Yes. Join us, Drogue!
Old January 27, 2004, 20:22   #477
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 23:58
Big Crunch warned me that people would start thinking I was female. I didn't really expect it though.
/me buys a drink for Geo anyway.
Old January 27, 2004, 20:53   #478
Jamski
Deity

You mean you're a man? Then I take back what I said on ICQ last night *blushes*

-Jam
Old January 28, 2004, 06:15   #479
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Hi Everyone!

I have been away for a while because my harddrive died (80gb of data gone, no backups goodbye my precious)

Anyway, Today is my payday so...

/me raises his pint

BEERS ON ME

Tass, sorry to disappoint you. We dont have virtual Stalin here as a bartender, but I assure you Drogue is an exellent one. In thanks for a succesful spamfest, I will pick your tab tonight.

What beer would you like to have?

- Paul Valery
Old January 28, 2004, 06:17   #480
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Well, not all of us...
* Micha raises his glass to Comrade HongHu

Point taken

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Jamski

Quote:
Yes. Join us, Drogue!