Old August 26, 2004, 01:46   #271
Chaos Theory
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Gaians
Emperor

Local Time: 12:00
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I don't see the turn (2142) anywhere.
Chaos Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2004, 11:09   #272
Fosse
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4WDG Stratega
King

Local Time: 07:00
Turn resent, and attached below just in case.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip tgau 2142 to gaia.zip (106.4 KB, 0 views)
Fosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2004, 14:23   #273
Chaos Theory
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Gaians
Emperor

2142 -> shawnmmcc

The Colony (Hive) builds the Command Nexus
Old August 26, 2004, 18:15   #274
Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 09:00
Empath Guild completed. Slight game delay while I negotiate with my fellow players, I'll have the turn played and ready to go out except for the Diplomatic Screens.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Mr. Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1, 2004, 10:35   #275
Mr. Harley
Prince

Turn to Morgan
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old September 2, 2004, 11:08   #276
Fosse
King

Turn to Chaos Theory
Old September 4, 2004, 04:22   #277
Chaos Theory
Emperor

My game seems to lock up when I try to use the design workshop. Upon reviewing my turns, it seems I cannot use the design workshop as far back as when I joined, though then I was using a different computer and may have been successful, without remembering. I'd like Darsnan to say whether or not he can use the design workshop in my game. I'm not sure what's causing the problem, but if it's specific to my computer, I can try to work around it. I also wonder if other players are suffering the same problem.

Attached is the latest game save.

I'll be unavailable over the weekend, though I had planned to play my turn and send it out first.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip tgau chaos-2143.zip (108.1 KB, 1 views)
Old September 4, 2004, 07:58   #278
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

I played a complete round, using the design workshop for each player, and had no issues with the game. FYI.

D

-=Vel=-
Darsnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2004, 09:21   #279
Mr. Harley
Prince

When I was designing the scenarios I CMN'd, I discovered my machine had the same glitch or a very similar one. If I try to enter the Design Workshop using the"U" command, the game froze. If I accidently hit Workshop instead of Help in the base production que when checking on a facility cost, I would get a game lockup also.

So I try to always hit Help vs Workshop in the base production que now, and try to never use the "U" command to end the Design Workshop even when playing solo. It's a pain, but it is doable. I am using the CD-crack version of SMAC/X. Maybe if I used the XP version/upgrade 5.0 this would fix it, but I haven't bothered.
Old September 6, 2004, 20:03   #280
Chaos Theory
Emperor

So how would you get to the Design Workshop, shawnmmcc?
Old September 6, 2004, 21:14   #281
Mr. Harley
Prince

From inside the base status window, either change production or queue (or click the empty slot) - all in the lower left hand corner in case I'm not using the technical names. From Change you get Help-Workshop-OK-Cancel. You can hit Workshop, it works just fine. However, I freeze the game if I forget and hit Workshop when checking a base facility cost.

If you just click on Help when highlighting a unit from the selection panel - the one that shows 20 production choices at a time - it also puts you into the Design Workshop. Plus it never gets you in trouble with Base Facilities or Secret Projects, i.e. that freeze up if you accidently hit Workshop while highlighting them.

From Queue/Empty Slot you get a slightly different selection, just hit the first choice, which is also Help. Again, this puts you in the Design Workshop. When you finish, with either one hit Cancel. Simply put, the first choice either way is "Help" which is the one you use, and the last choice is "Cancel" which you use to exit, an d you are back in the base status window.

The toughest thing is that you don't need these work arounds in single-player, so it's easy to get lazy if you're working on some kind of SMAC project. Then it bites you when you get your next PBEM game. I hope this helps.

edited due to lots of typos - dyslexics should never post on the fly

Last edited by Mr. Harley; September 7, 2004 at 05:18.
Old September 7, 2004, 00:10   #282
Chaos Theory
Emperor

That workaround does indeed work for me.
2143 -> shawnmmcc
Old September 9, 2004, 04:47   #283
Mr. Harley
Prince

Turn to Morgan - Sorry about the delay - I had to send it on my work break via Hotmail, my cable connection is fubar'd again - they promise me it will be back up this afternoon , I'll just have to stay up for the repairman.
Old September 9, 2004, 19:33   #284
Net Warrior
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 08:00
2143 to PK
Net Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2004, 08:57   #285
Fosse
King

2144 sent to Gaia
Old September 10, 2004, 13:33   #286
Chaos Theory
Emperor

2144 -> shawnmmcc
Old September 12, 2004, 06:17   #287
Mr. Harley
Prince

2144 - Morgan
Old September 12, 2004, 16:00   #288
Net Warrior
King

2144 to PK
Old September 13, 2004, 19:50   #289
Fosse
King

Turn to Chaos Theory
Old September 16, 2004, 16:00   #290
Chaos Theory
Emperor

2145 -> shawnmmcc
Old September 21, 2004, 03:36   #291
Mr. Harley
Prince

2145 to Morgan. Slight delay, cable modem problems took the turn to work on a USB drive, sent it via hotmail.
Old September 22, 2004, 21:00   #292
Net Warrior
King

Shawn, I haven't received the turn yet. Please try a re-send.
Old September 24, 2004, 07:02   #293
Net Warrior
King

2145 to PK
Old September 24, 2004, 18:12   #294
Net Warrior
King

The email went undelivered. I'll post the turn here instead:

http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...AU2145toPK.SAV
Old September 27, 2004, 22:33   #295
Fosse
King

Turn e-mailed. Thanks Shawn for the PM alerting me to the turn post.
Old September 28, 2004, 12:20   #296
Chaos Theory
Emperor

2146 -> shawnmmcc
Old September 29, 2004, 12:08   #297
Mr. Harley
Prince

2146 - Morgan
Old September 30, 2004, 23:52   #298
Fosse
King

turn to Chaos
Old October 3, 2004, 05:02   #299
Chaos Theory
Emperor

2147 -> shawnmmcc
Old October 3, 2004, 08:34   #300
Mr. Harley
Prince

Need a clarification. Can another player call a planetary election if I give him all the frequencies of the AI, we are pacted, and I state I am giving him the other two human players frequency? The problem is that there is no mechanism for "sharing" other players' frequency, so technically he cannot call it as he doesn't have all the frequencies, and he cannot "get" them from another human. I feel this requires unanimous agreement, otherwise I will go with the technical interpretation where right now I must initiate an election.