Old March 2, 2004, 21:11   #121
Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 08:59
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Turn to Morgan
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Mr. Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2004, 21:17   #122
Mr. Harley
Prince

Turn to Morgan.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old March 2, 2004, 23:15   #123
Net Warrior
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 07:59
2119 to Pk
Net Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3, 2004, 21:13   #124
Fosse
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4WDG Stratega
King

Local Time: 06:59
Fosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2004, 11:34   #125
wgabrie
Prince

turn passed.
Old March 5, 2004, 16:12   #126
Mr. Harley
Prince

Turn to Morgan.
Old March 5, 2004, 20:07   #127
Net Warrior
King

Shawn,
The move you sent me is labeled Morgan 2120 but it belongs to The University. Please try again.
Net warrior
Old March 5, 2004, 21:43   #128
Mr. Harley
Prince

How about I hit "end turn" next time before saving. Done, and turn sent. If I'm not sure if I hit the end turn, and try opening the turn I'm sending on, and hit "save and exit" because obviously I cannot open it, does the next player get the "player made at least one additional save" or whatever the message is? That way I can double check when I've just played three different PBEM.
Old March 5, 2004, 21:59   #129
Net Warrior
King

Shawn,
This time you sent me 2104 to Phsycho of the Morganites. Please try again

....I'm not sure about the re-load message. For now just send the move and don't worry about the reload.
Old March 7, 2004, 19:43   #130
Mr. Harley
Prince

OK - I've slept and have it all straightened out. This time. Sort of. But at least Net Warrior has the right turn, and you'll all get the "extra turn" message.

Official Version - Probe Team A/1 Report

encoding - one time pad A1EJ5

We have made contact with an enemy unit. Situation critical, unable to contact home base, decision made as per field manual 7165.14C section 4.a. Enemy unit successfully subverted.

What really happened

"Hey, it looks like you guys threw a tread on your pod there," said the scruffy looking fellow stepping out of the brush. "Need a hand?" volunteered the guy as he finished zipping up his coverall.

"No, we aren't supposed to fratenize. Our leader has declared you are all soft and corrupt." replied the man in serjeant's stripes, streaked in mud and grease. "We probably are supposed to take you prisoner, but hell, it's just us and mindworms out here, and you give them an extra target."

"Hell, we all need to stick together, but if you guys want, you can come visit our rover, it's north about a click. Come on over after you're done, they supply us scouts with good grub. Here, have some chocolate."

The group of men working all stopped. They hadn't had chocolate in, well, nobody could remember. The man in the grungy coveralls gave each fellow a piece, wrapping each precious morsel in a sheet of paper from his notepad. That way they could handle the treat without ruining it. Their expressions ranged from delicious unbelief to rapture.

"Hell, we keep our people supplied with some of the finer things in life. Seriously, you work best when you're motivated. I know that sounds like heresy, but people work best when they know they're coming home to something other than concentrates. We'll fix you up something tonight. See ya."

As the man in the scruffy oufit stepped back into the bush, he took off at a run. When he reached the rover, he ran up and leaned in the outer hatch. "Wake up bossman. Hey, Charlene, take a shower and the hell with the water ration. Put on you best outfit, and try a little perfume. I'm going to break out the best rations we have. With a little luck the Provost will own a new colony pod after dinner tonight."
Old March 7, 2004, 20:57   #131
Net Warrior
King

2120 to Pk
Old March 8, 2004, 01:08   #132
Fosse
King

Turn to wgarbie. I might have mislabeled the e-mail, but the attachment is correct.
Old March 8, 2004, 02:06   #133
wgabrie
Prince

The attachment is not correct. It's for the Peace Keepers.
Old March 11, 2004, 12:26   #134
Mr. Harley
Prince

Turn to Morgan
Old March 12, 2004, 07:11   #135
Net Warrior
King

2121 to Pk
Old March 16, 2004, 17:22   #136
Mr. Harley
Prince

2122 to Morgan
Old March 18, 2004, 21:56   #137
Fosse
King

Turn sent
Old March 19, 2004, 10:41   #138
wgabrie
Prince

Turn 2123 sent.

Morgan player? Check your email.
Old March 19, 2004, 10:53   #139
wgabrie
Prince

A Morgan Base was transfered to the Gaians on 2123 due to drone riots it seems. I am now in vendetta with Morgan and would like to know if the Morgan player tried to retake the base without contacting me?

Them's fighting words!

Unless, of course, he has a really good excuse like the game did it automaticaly. Well?
Old March 19, 2004, 11:33   #140
Mr. Harley
Prince

wgabrie - how many turns was it in drone riots, I'm curious because from what I can tell the first turn is always safe, and I want to know if I'm wrong.
Old March 20, 2004, 03:30   #141
Mr. Harley
Prince

Turn forwarded to Morgan.
Old March 20, 2004, 12:38   #142
wgabrie
Prince

Shawn,

I don't know how long it was rioting. Morgan player hasn't responded. I just opened the turn and I had a base on the other side of the map with morgan's base style and angry drones within.
Old March 20, 2004, 23:24   #143
Net Warrior
King

Guys, I'm sorry for the delay in gettimg my move out but this drone riot thing really threw me off. I probably should have looked further into it before I forwarded my last move.

Give me some time to figure out what I did wrong/what went wrong. I need to understand what happened before I can proceed. I was pretty sure I had completed a rec commons before the riot began, on the same turn the base was to grow, and that should have precluded a drone riot but something went wrong.
Morgan, AKA Net warrior
Old March 21, 2004, 09:13   #144
Fosse
King

Old March 21, 2004, 09:54   #145
Net Warrior
King

Ok, I see what happened. The base went into drone riot at the start of 2121 when it grew to size 2. I was builiding a rec commons there and for some reason the game still allowed me to rush build there so I completed it. Afterwards, I must have lost track of the fact that I needed a doctor there and stupidly turned him back into a worker. So, it's pretty much my fault and I'll just have to live with the consequences.

....err...wgabrie, I don't suppose you'd want to abandon the base, self deedtruct the 1-2-1 outside the base, and let me move back in?
Old March 21, 2004, 16:22   #146
Fosse
King

Sorry about that Net Warrior.

Turn sent, has a reload because I froze up at the top of the turn.
Old March 22, 2004, 00:31   #147
wgabrie
Prince

That would be incredable concidering the turn I got was for the peacekeepers.

Please resend!
Old March 22, 2004, 00:34   #148
wgabrie
Prince

Net, I'll only give the base back if you refund the energy credits you'd steal from my treasury.
Old March 22, 2004, 04:17   #149
Mr. Harley
Prince

Net Warrior - if he puts the unit in the base and gifts it back, you get the unit. I've played a game as Miriam where I essentially built bases, increased infrastructure, and turned them over/back over to The Hive and Gaians (Aliens zapped Zack during comm blackout) and farmed them for tech, they were submissives.
Old March 22, 2004, 14:19   #150
wgabrie
Prince

I can't gift the base to a human player on the diplomacy screen. I could move the unit out, let him move into the base, then declare peace and transfer the unit to him. It would take at least three turns.

I'd still want my energy back at the end of the transfer. Otherwise I'd just as soon rush a mindworm and go play with Morgan. Remeber, I'm still trying to learn how I ended up in vendetta.