Old June 7, 2000, 22:23   #31
berzerker

I can play at 7 pm central but MUST stop at 9 pm central also. My schedule has changed a bit, although I failed to mention thursdays are bad for me. I can play any day of the week except thursdays so hopefully Dip VIII can be moved to another day after the opening day. Btw, I cant be sure of this, but I thought Curumbor was going to play this one.

Old June 8, 2000, 08:11   #32
Curumbor Elendil
Prince

Local Time: 18:02
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Nah, I'm not in this one. With 2x1x and no rules intended to discourage aggressive warfare, I predict this one will tank around the 5th session. But don't let that stop you! It would be nice to see another stable dip game get going.

------------------
Curumbor Elendil
jason.sorens@yale.edu
ICQ 56126989
Old June 8, 2000, 08:17   #33
berzerker

Okay, I can play Dip VIII, but tonight - the opening night - I can only play to 8:30 central. If thats a problem then I can wait for the next dip game to start up. And once we do start dip 8 I will need a new day to play - thursdays are out for me for a little while... Oh, I'll take the dark blue - Vikes!
What is the rule on disconnects? I dont enjoy games where we keep playing and dont wait for people disconnected to rejoin - especially when their wonder gets dismantled (I think you'll find no better way to lose players). And unfortunately this often happens right before their turn - so can we reload whenever a player loses connection and the ai does serious damage?
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by berzerker (edited June 08, 2000).]</font>

Old June 8, 2000, 14:47   #34
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 23:02
Meaning no disrespect to ROC, I think the disconnects should be handled simply:

1) The timer is set to unlimited.

2) We send the IP the the disconnected person if he/she needs it, which they shouldn't since they should write it down or have as copy and paste.

3) We wait for them to say they are comming back, if they don't say that they are, play resumes.

There, I hope that is a good plan.
Old June 8, 2000, 16:00   #35
Curumbor Elendil
Prince

Local Time: 18:02
Berz, I thought you were playing this till 9:30. Dip V begins at 9, not 8. Of course, if you will be able to play Dip V at 9, that would be great. Let me know.

------------------
Curumbor Elendil
jason.sorens@yale.edu
ICQ 56126989
Old June 8, 2000, 16:19   #36
RocMaster
Warlord

So, bezerk, you can only play for an hour and a half?? humm... well I don't have a problem with it. I guess.

Anyway, so you aren't available wednesday or thursday huh? well, that leaves either mondays or weekends... what about the rest of you? which would you have? Monday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?
Old June 8, 2000, 17:16   #37
iadkins

I might be able to fill a spot if this is starting soon.
I e-mailed Roc.

------------------
*THE DEITY*

Old June 8, 2000, 17:17   #38
berzerker

I can play Dip VIII from 8pm EST to 9:30pm EST - at which time I have to rejoin Dip V (at 9:30 EST). I can play Dip VIII any day/night of the week in the future except Thursdays (due to Dip V), although I prefer leaving Wednesdays open if possible.

Old June 8, 2000, 17:30   #39
common_terry
Chieftain

i got icq#65841734.

i can play in diplo 8.

i wonder tho how thrilling it will be if people can only play for 2 hours every other week cuz of diplo 5, 7, and 4.

can we focus on having focused players?
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by common_terry (edited June 08, 2000).]</font>
Old June 8, 2000, 17:42   #40
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Look, I have no clue what is going on with Diplo VII or Diplo VIII, all I know is I am showing up for Diplo VIII. I guess we will iron out VII's problems later, I have no clue what's going on with that game.

I am definantly going to be online tonight at 7:30, which is in one hour.

As the Romans, viva la pax romana!

------------------
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

-Winston Churchill

One Love.
Old June 8, 2000, 17:57   #41
berzerker

So how do we keep in contact in case of disconnects or crashes? Thru this thread?

Old June 8, 2000, 19:24   #42
RocMaster
Warlord

mi compur frid... mi kybord in't orking... it!! crp!! elp?
Old June 8, 2000, 19:32   #43
common_terry
Chieftain

come 2 zone now or icq me 65841734
Old June 8, 2000, 19:37   #44
RocMaster
Warlord

ok, I am on my laptop, my PC seems fried, Windows went into safety mode... We will have to postpone till I can fix this somehow.
Old June 9, 2000, 03:06   #45
iadkins

Well, this would have to be the weirdest game I've ever started!
I'm still not sure who I'm playing against. Is Roc in it? Folks were coming and going.. friggin hell!

Chat from start was disabled! And some weren't on icq. Common Terry helped me out and Berzerker was in it for a while. Vlad is there too, finally got him on icq....

In the mean time my civ rocks The supreme DEITIANS with 13 cities, twice the pg of anyone else and 1st in most demogs are on a continent similar to North America... Did I say similar?? After the session I asked Vlad was it a world map..
he he It IS North America!!

*silly Aussie with stupid look on face*

Haven't met anyone.. I felt so lonely that I hassled finbar who was getting ready to play Diplo V. Until he told me to shutup
I may as well have been playing with myself!
Also, I haven't played 2x1x for ages. It is weird too. I started building mines before I remembered you get better value building forests! And irrigation of course is a waste.

Anyway, I'm having fun

Same time next week is good for me.

------------------
*THE DEITY*

Old June 9, 2000, 04:15   #46
vlad
King

Local Time: 16:02
Well I was a bit bored in the game,my start was all tech and no adv. tribes,man I hate that. I soon met Berz and his viking hordes,then he had to go to play another dip game,so I grew to hate his ai and their hut stealing horsemen. Next I moved on to meet, Joe the ai guy,someone started this civ and left after like 2 turns. Also fine hut thieves,lost 2 huts to their horsemen.I ended the first sitting with 9 cities,and 31 units(most in the group).My armies could easily crush 3 or 4 civs,but for now I will use them for border patrols,stopping all units and charging a 2 gold tariff for entrance into my glorius kingdom.In demographics I am 2nd in most categories behind Deity.
Roc man I thought you were in the game hahahaha sorry to hear about the computer,if you need help give me a hollar.
Old June 10, 2000, 02:25   #47
berzerker

I'd love to drop Dip V like the plague but cannot - thursdays are out for me. Cant we resume this on another day?

Old June 10, 2000, 03:36   #48
vlad
King

Well the whole point of this game was for it to be Roc's last game.Well he is done gaming for good now.Berz seems to be involved in a few games already,and Capo doesn't seem to quite have the hang of playing MP yet,he certainly knows how to post though hahaha I am honestly not real interested in finishing this game,and that makes me feel bad because Diety was having a great game. I really like the idea of a 2x1x diplo game though. Diety I leave the decision up to you whether we continue or not. Again I apologize for the unorganized mess this game became.I know Common was really into the idea too so I would be very interested in getting a good game going,diplo or not. My civ days are short,I am bored with the games and really need to get things in my personal life taken care of. So its now or I am taking a couple months off of gaming.
Old June 10, 2000, 09:02   #49
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Yeah I haven't totally gotten the hang of it yet, but I am getting better. I probably would not be doing as bad if I wasn't isolated on friggin Australia.

I have nothing to post about, and i really think this game blows, there is no organization at all, I have no clue who my opponents are, and I really don't see any set rules, I dunno. Point is this, I would have made a pretty good post, but there is nothing to post about really. I am very much interested in aborting this game, sorry Deity, but we should start over with seven guys set up, probably in a week and a half or so. That way everything can run smoothly. Are we agreed?

------------------
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

-Winston Churchill

One Love.
Old June 10, 2000, 17:28   #50
iadkins

Just when I was starting to enjoy my only 2x1x game in about 8 months
No matter, I accept all of your concessions and claim victory
Grrrrrr....
THE DEITY shall return!

------------------
*THE DEITY*

Old June 10, 2000, 18:41   #51
vlad
King

I really am sorry Deity,man I try so hard to get games going lately and none seem to work out. I will concede a win to the glorius Deitians,although my vampire whordes would have drawn much Deitian blood
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by vlad (edited June 10, 2000).]</font>
Old June 10, 2000, 21:24   #52
iadkins

he he
I guess vampires will always draw blood
OK, THE DEITY accepts your humble concession!

It's so annoying how the games I go well in get aborted but the ones that keep going are a struggle. I usually hang in there for others and I wish more would do the same. So often people just quit but no situation is hopeless. Once people commit to a game they should stay with it, BUT I know it's rare to fully finish a game. Even the advanced Diplo IV got aborted in the 1700's I think.

------------------
*THE DEITY*

Old June 10, 2000, 22:10   #53
Ithil
Chieftain

I'm interested in playing a Dip game, the concept sounds really cool, and it'd be fun to post histories about it. I'm new to multiplayer but if you're interested in having another player I won't bail. Btw, I've played civ2 for a couple years off and on so I'm not *that* bad.