Old November 22, 2003, 20:06   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 15:06
Local Date: November 2, 2010
PUT Diplomatic Exchanges
How about this message to PUT?

Quote:
Greetings most honoured Academicians,

A few seconds ago the captain of one our exploration ships reported us telepathically that they have come across a fullhuman base, called Monitoring Station, and habitated by PUT citizens. This means we, the children of science, have finally made contact!

The External Affairs Functionality believes there is much to gain by cooperation between our two people. For a start we have offered a peace treaty to your ambassador at Monitoring Station. But there is much more we can do! For instance we can offer you the commlinks of the Angels, Believers and Drones. Or we could trade you techs such as Applied Physics or Doctrine: Initiative. Would you be interested in any such deals?

We would be glad to hear from you.

Greetings,

Mani Alpha-3
Second Function of the Cybernetic Consciousness
Old November 22, 2003, 20:15   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:06
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Sounds good. First contact is always pretty easy until you actually learn about each other.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 23, 2003, 06:17   #3
Phenix
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Morgan
Warlord

Local Time: 14:06
Maybe let DBTS sent it, because he's the EAF?? It's better if we maintain some consistency in the functions, that's easier for other factions too...
Old November 23, 2003, 06:36   #4
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 13:06
I'll be EAF soon enough

That'll be fun

"Greetings from CyCon.... - Tassadar"
Old November 24, 2003, 17:10   #5
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
I'll be EAF soon enough
Really?

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old November 25, 2003, 18:33   #6
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Should I send them a reminder?
Old November 26, 2003, 00:13   #7
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

So this was sent and no reply yet?

Old November 26, 2003, 09:15   #8
Maniac

Indeed.
Old November 26, 2003, 09:31   #9
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Doesnt sound good :|

- Paul Valery
Old November 26, 2003, 15:48   #10
Phenix
Warlord

To whom did you send it... Maybe some of the PUT members are inactive at the moment??
Old November 26, 2003, 16:26   #11
Maniac

I sent it to Archaic and GT, and this afternoon I also sent it to AgentSubversion (or some similar name) after he complained that nothing was happening. My PM message tracking indicates that all three have read the PM.
Old November 27, 2003, 08:47   #12
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

I PMed Archaic and GT about this, and got a reply from GT saying that he had posted it for discussion, but they have even worse inactivity than we do, and no-one had yet said anything! He promised to push some discussion along though.

Old November 27, 2003, 23:18   #13
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 06:06
I would not expect them to have an official respose yet, that would take time. I would expect them to give a short "Message recived, debate begun, expect a formal reply in X days" so that we know the message didn't slip through the cracks. I say give them time, their are no pressing matters with PUT and we dont want to sound over eager.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old November 28, 2003, 19:10   #14
Maniac

You're right, but a part of me is afraid that their silence might indicate that they do not want to cooperate with us, and that they would actively join PEACE's side when we go to war with them.

Btw, I just noticed that PUT has put a probe defence in Monitoring Station. Fast response time I must say.
Old November 29, 2003, 07:35   #15
Phenix
Warlord

They've very quick indeed when it comes to protecting their vaunted research secrets
Old November 29, 2003, 22:12   #16
Maniac

From GeneralTacticus:

Quote:
After some discussion and the obligatary period of doing nothing, we've come to a decision regarding yor proposal.

First of all, we have unanimously accepted your offer of a peace treaty.

Secondly, we would like to know what techs you have available to trade, and what techs you'd like. We would especially like to acquire Applied Physics.

Finally, regarding comm frequencies, we've discussed the matter, and we have to say we're not too interested in them, as the Planetary Council will likely be called soon and we'll get all the comms then anyway.
Comments will have to be for later, as I have to go now.
Old November 30, 2003, 07:53   #17
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

That sounds promising.

As to next, we should say we are happy we could arrange this treaty, tell them we have settlement designs on the land their rover is on, and ask that we draw up a sort of border treaty, reserving that area for us, and asking if they have a similar sized area they wish reserved near their bases.

Old November 30, 2003, 15:39   #18
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Thats a PEACE rover, this is University. And as far as I know we dont realy have any claim to that land the Peace Rovers is on, we shouldn't even mention this to University in my opionion.

We should truthfully tell them what we have (as they likly know by second hand reports anyways). If they ask for HEC or NLM we will have to turn them down ofcorse. Traiding them Aplied Physics for Ecological enginering probably would not be accepted, they may have other tecs that we find desirable though.

Also need to ask them what kind of relationships they have with other factions. I suspect their friendly with Peace and unfriendly with Hive and Drones and have no contact with AI's. We need to be descrete so lets word it like thus "We would like to inquire as too your relationship with other factions, many rumors have been heard as to your relationship with the Hive, Drones and Peace but we feel geting this information directly from the Horses mouth would be best. By the way if the Coucil is called soon who do you think you would support?"
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old November 30, 2003, 18:27   #19
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

We're both wrong, but I seem to have confused matters a lot. I mean to the EAST. As it turns out, the rover is ours (from a pod), and it is a drone patrol there. It is they to whom I mean we propose our claim on the land. I just assumed that, since we don't have Doc:Mob, the rover would not be ours.

Old November 30, 2003, 19:21   #20
Impaler[WrG]
King

Oh I agree with you on Claiming that Land, the Drone Patrol was aparently fighting mind worms and getting its ass kicked, they might just disband the whole think its so beat up.

Wouldn't the fact the rover is our color indicate it belongs too us??
Old November 30, 2003, 20:28   #21
Maniac

Yeah but with all those messed up graphics his mistake is certainly understandable.
Old December 5, 2003, 06:52   #22
Impaler[WrG]
King

This message has been sent to Archaic and General Tacticus, this should re reching them just as they play their turns too so we will might get a response in the Games chat log negotiation thingy.

Comunicay from the Cycon Conciousness:

Greatings Full Human Researchers, our most resent comunications indicated you were un-interested in obtaining Com Frequencies from us as you expect the Counsil to be called soon. You also indicated an Interest in obtaining Aplied Physics. We find it odd that such briliant physisits such as your self would require such a low level tecnology. Being that it is a military tecnology which leads to yet more tecnologies you could quickly research we would need something quite good in Exchange. What do you offer us in exchange for Aplied Physics? We are interested in Obtaining Restriction lifting tecs at the moment particularly Ecological Enginering.

Duplicate messages have been sent to Archie/General Tacticus, we shall begin sending messages in Duplicate and Triplicate when ever possible. Direct any responses to Manic, myself and Drouge. Are their any additional University Faculty you wish for comunications to be sent to (I am unfamiliar with who your diplomat is)
Old December 5, 2003, 09:56   #23
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Not bad, but can we discuss any messages to send to them in the thread first in future?

Old December 5, 2003, 20:17   #24
Maniac

Quote:
Greetings GeneralTacticus and Archaic,

I assume you have received Impaler's message, telling we are willing to trade Applied Physics, and would be interested in acquiring Ecological Engineering.

In your latest message you also mentioned you believe that the planetary council will be called soon. May we ask why you believe so? We have information that, though in the past certain factions had the intention to do so, they have chosen to wait to call the council for an undetermined time. This mean that you wouldn't get eg the drone frequency in the near future after all. Therefore please keep in mind that we are always willing to trade the drone frequency to you, as a seperate deal or as part of a package deal.

We were also wondering about the nature of your pact with PEACE. May we inform how close you two are together?

Greetings,

Mani Alpha-3
Prime Function of the Cybernetic Consciousness
What would you think about that? I doubt they would accept EcoEng<->AppPhys, but perhaps they will if we throw the drone frequency in the pot. Also knowing what they might do if we attack PEACE might be handy.
Old December 7, 2003, 13:15   #25
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

I agree they'll turn it down. If they do, can I offer the Drone frequency as a sweetener?

As for their position diplomatically. Last I heard they were very much against the Hive, like us and PEACE, and were allied with PEACE. I think they may join PEACE in the war, but if they do, I think I can get the Hive to counter join on our side, at least against PUT. The Hive are waiting until we have sea power so they can attack PUT. At least, that was the position a little while ago, the coup may have changed things.

Old December 7, 2003, 20:27   #26
Maniac

By all means offer the Drone frequency as a sweetener! I would even be willing to offer a few credits, if that means we get EcoEng fast and can give it to the Hive.
Old December 8, 2003, 12:35   #27
Phenix
Warlord

Maybe they're interested in the Angel frequency too.
That could have some diplomatic impact (see Angels thread) but i'm more than willing to give it away if it nets us EcoEng. Especially because we need it fast for a swap with the Hive
Old December 8, 2003, 13:33   #28
Impaler[WrG]
King

This would be realy sweet if we could parlay a level 1 tec and an obsolete com link and a few credits into Ecological Enginering and Gene Splicing!

I say push that trade through, promise the Univerity future compensation in trade as this will discourage them from vendetaing us.

Also as the Hive what the University is researching, if their reseraching Aplied Physics then we have them by the balls as we are esentialy giving them a free tec (probably Non Linear Mathimatics) and they should pay through the nose for that.
Old December 8, 2003, 18:38   #29
Drogue
staff

Since time if off the essance, can I PM GT, Archaic and Minute Mirage (he seems to play the turns) and say if they agree to the deal this turn (so we get it before the Hive get's Eco Eng) then we will throw in the Drones commlink and 20ec? (they didn't seem interested in the commlink before, ec's may swing it) That way we get Gene Splicing too. I have PMed HongHu just asking to confirm when they get Eco Eng, so the time limit if we want to trade it.

Old December 8, 2003, 20:18   #30
Drogue
staff

Ok, have reply from HongHu. They're getting Eco Eng in 2150. Since our turn is before theirs, we need to have PUT offer it this turn, we counter offer and accept, and then they accept. Then we have it 2150, and can pre-accept it to the Hive before their turn.

I will PM GT, Archaic and MM to offer it, since time really is lacking.