Old March 19, 2004, 19:00   #61
Rubin
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer

Local Time: 15:13
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Comrade Micha, the Central Military Committee acknowledges the need for a standardized hivean naming of our military units.

Upon reviewing the current naming suggestions the Central Military Committee suggests the following formula:

AB-CDE

A = Hivean signature letter, e.g. H (Hive) or V (Our Chairman, Voltaire) etc. The signature letter applies to all units.
B = Chassis description, e.g. N (Needlejet), C (Chopper), I (Infantry), etc.
C = Attack strength or defense strength where sensibly applicable.
D = Unit function signifier, e.g. A (attacker), I (Interceptor), B (Bomber), etc. Special task force units may be recognized by nickname.
E = Nickname

(Examples: HC-6B Red Apache [6-1-12 Chopper], HC-6X Adjudicator [6X-1-12 Chopper, Nerve Gas], HC-1R Kozak [1-1-12 Chopper, Reconnaissance], etc.)

The Central Military Committee shall see to it that--once ready--an updated list of named units are posted. Meanwhile, corrections and suggestions (for nicknames, etc.) are welcomed.

However, Comrade Micha, you may propose whatever you see fit in this regard and the Central Military Committe shall almost certainly authorize your suggestions.

It is possible that the Central Military Committee is to implement the new names prior to Comrade Mead issuing orders for M.Y. 2161.

Comrade Rubin
Chairman of the Central Military Committee
Old March 19, 2004, 19:06   #62
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 14:13
Your suggestion fits well with mine. I am all for it
Maybe our Comrades can come up with nicknames? Best would be those that have a link to Communism or the Hive...

A naming contest might be an idea
Old March 19, 2004, 19:08   #63
Rubin
staff

Chairman Voltaire, while PEACE may compromise our internal security, there is also the alternative option to misinform CyCon via PEACE. This is a delicate matter and should be handled by the Foreign Affairs Committee.

Comrade Rubin
Old March 21, 2004, 16:26   #64
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 06:13
Comrade Chairman Rubin, if you could please complete a defence report for the Hiverian homeland. Now that we are at war we need to assess any possible weaknesses in our defence perimeter and work to correct them.

I say this because the CyCon may become desperate and in efforts to hurt us rather than try to capture any of our bases permanently, they may well just obliterate what they capture. I know I am being paranoid here in even thinking that the CyCon will get past our defences and near enough the Hiverian homeland to do any such damage, but we need to seriously consider the possibility.

After you issue your report I would like it if members of the Hive could comment on any possible defence improvements we could undertake (assuming any are necessary).

Thank you,
Chairman Voltaire
Old March 21, 2004, 21:14   #65
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:13
Quote:
Originally posted by Rubin
Chairman Voltaire, while PEACE may compromise our internal security, there is also the alternative option to misinform CyCon via PEACE. This is a delicate matter and should be handled by the Foreign Affairs Committee.

Comrade Rubin
I'm interested. Spell it out for me.
Old March 21, 2004, 23:15   #66
Rubin
staff

Comrade Chairman Voltaire, I shall initiate an evaluation of our current defensive strengths and weaknesses based on early M.Y. 2160. Your concerns are sound.

Comrade Ambassador Arnelos, the security issue presented by Comrade Chairman Voltaire suggests the possibility of invaluable counter intelligence. The Central Military Committee, however, is not capable of presenting any specific options--mainly due to lack of current diplomatic insight. Depending on hivean plans the potential beneficial outcome of any counter intelligence measures may vary. I see 4 distinct areas of interest:

1) Hivean offensive strategy
By misinforming on our offensive plans CyCon may leave our intended targets pooly defended and difficult to reinforce. Of course, this requires a projection of hivean strength and hivean plans to engage CyCon troops and settlements. Additionally, our strike force composition may surprise CyCon if they should think it composed differently, etc.

2) Hivean defensive strategy
By projecting certain weaknesses in defensive capabilities we may force CyCon to attempt poorly organized and futile offensive maneuvers; effectively wasting their resources and time. Especially, terror-missions where CyCon strikes certain valuable positions, e.g. an advanced base of operation, a highly developed base, etc.

3) Hivean infrastructural strengths/weaknesses
This concerns infratructural strengths and weaknesses in contrast to military dispositions; economic capacity, research, production capacity, drone-control status, etc., etc. CyCon may choose a target based on such information. Additionally, CyCon may coordinate their defensive measures in order to match our infrastructural strengths, e.g. when facing a war of attrition.

4) Hivean potential of determination
We may project inability to sustain stable long-term planning. Internal hivean conflicts may result in constant changes in production and resource allocation. CyCon may be tempted to attack before they are fully prepared or spend extra time and resources on infrastructure. Alternatively, we may project a strong determination and focused on achieving our goals. CyCon may panic thinking the all hivean actions are well coordinated and well analyzed.

The Central Military Committee is unaware of the diplomatic options available and as such the Foreign Affairs Committee should evaluate the situation and the Central Military Committee shall act upon the Foreign Affairs Committee's suggestions.

In brief: The Hive may supply CyCon with pieces of deliberate misinformation. PEACE is the courier. The Hive should evaluate the risk of PEACE supplying CyCon with information on hivean plans and military dispositions.

Comrade Rubin
Old March 22, 2004, 08:09   #67
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Thanks, Comrade Rubin.

So we´ll be launching a massive propaganda campaign using PEACE as the broadcaster? How are you going to turn PEACE into an information source for CyCon? I mean they hate each other...
Old April 1, 2004, 12:21   #68
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 07:13
Name for DA invasion plan?

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 1, 2004, 12:23   #69
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Death of Angel?

The last rose in the summer?

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 2, 2004, 03:05   #70
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Death of Angel?

The last rose in the summer?
Old April 2, 2004, 06:44   #71
Micha
King

LOL, now I get that! Last "Roze"! ROFL

Hong, that was too hard to get for a stressed student Be sure to make future jokes more obvious
Old April 2, 2004, 10:51   #72
Snowflake
Princess

Ok.

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 4, 2004, 09:22   #73
Scorpi40000
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesACDG3 MorganC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Warlord

What about project Fallen Angel?
"Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outwards, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment."

-- Sheng-ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"
Old April 4, 2004, 16:05   #74
Snowflake
Princess

Fallen Angels sounds very good to me.

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 4, 2004, 18:56   #75
Voltaire
King

Rubin if you could come on MSN so we can finish the turn, we only have the military moves left to do (courtesy of HongHu).