Old November 26, 2003, 05:33   #1
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 06:15
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Mesoamerica
Just got done with this one. A fairly short scenario- compared to the others. But not as short as mesopotamia.

I played the aztecs. They might be the best civ in the game. Jaguar warriors are pretty strong, but those javelin throwers were a bit scary. This was pretty straight forward. I went for domination. I built a few cities and then built nothing but jag warrios and spearman pretty much. I did try to build all the wonders though. I took out the Mayans (bad starting position for them), and the 3 other no-name native american civs. Didn't have time to wipe out the Incas because I backfilled empty spots with cities on my way down the continent and hit the domination victory. The Isthmus of course plays an important role. As a humah player I left many of my main cities with only warriors guarding them. Of course there are boats in this game, but I didn't expect the ai to use them- esp since so many of them start off in land locked cities.

Probably my least favourite scenario so far, but I do like the enslavement thing. It's a good quick war scenario (though I suppose you could go for cultural victory- good luck doing that without warfare).

I really wanted to play as the Incas. I will play as them next time. And for even more strategy I'll play as the Mayans.
Old November 26, 2003, 09:45   #2
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 09:15
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I played and won as the Maya (good starting position, I felt). Won a cultural victory on Monarch. I crushed the two minor tribes near me, built most of the wonders, and then fought the Aztecs to a near-stalemate (I actually captured 2 cities, but casualties were getting ugly), until my culture hit the required amount.

I ended up expanding as far south as Panama and then fortifying the isthmus (two forts, with a couple of pike guys + javs in each).

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Arrian is offline   Reply With Quote