Old November 26, 2003, 18:32   #1
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 14:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Enemy spies problem and solutions
Again, a thread on the same problem. What will we do with the enemy spies?

I've an idea. I can write a little program that deletes each turn the arab spies and no any other unit and use it when I move the units under my command (it doesn't matter when to do it). This way, plus modifying the rules to the arabs spies don't be builtable, I think will reduce the problem, but I don't know if the problem itself will disappear. Maybe removing the "writing" technology from arab tree will also help a lot.

Another option is to change our govt. to democracy (via hex-editing the file), but I think that it's a much drastic solution.
Old November 27, 2003, 14:14   #2
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 09:17
If Arab spies are still in the game we might as well leave Eilat and the northern towns because we will lose them. There's no way to stop the Arab spies from bribing, even if you prohibit it in the rules and if they bribe we are in lots of trouble.
Old November 27, 2003, 15:51   #3
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 16:17
I don't think this is so.
Old November 27, 2003, 16:36   #4
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 05:17
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
Kill all Arab spies!!!
Old November 27, 2003, 17:56   #5
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Guys, I have been thinking and I found a much better solution. It works in two ways:

1) Kill all arabs spies, as I told you before

2) Add a "palace" improvement to all cities, so the cities of Israel are not bribable. It's easy to do via hex-editing

What do you think?
Old November 27, 2003, 19:36   #6
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
Best idea so far.
Old November 27, 2003, 19:58   #7
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 16:17
Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav
Guys, I have been thinking and I found a much better solution. It works in two ways:

1) Kill all arabs spies, as I told you before

2) Add a "palace" improvement to all cities, so the cities of Israel are not bribable. It's easy to do via hex-editing

What do you think?

IIRC, we don't have corruption, anyway. let's do it.
Old November 27, 2003, 22:13   #8
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 10:17
This man is a genius!
Old November 28, 2003, 16:02   #9
yaroslav
Emperor

I ask for an authorization of all the parties in this game to do that. For such an important thing, I want non-partisan issues.

Thanks for your warm words, Chief of Staff (Would I get more units? )
Old November 28, 2003, 18:06   #10
Dr. Nick
Deity

Quote:
Thanks for your warm words, Chief of Staff (Would I get more units?
We are saving up to buy tanks and planes.
Old November 30, 2003, 12:03   #11
yaroslav
Emperor

Primer Minister?
Oppositon's leader?
President?

What do you think? It appears that only the military runs this country, as the politicians don't speak too often
Old December 1, 2003, 00:05   #12
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 13:17
Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav
Primer Minister?
Oppositon's leader?
President?

What do you think? It appears that only the military runs this country, as the politicians don't speak too often
I told you I was Turkey eating. But rest assured, the Mossad has recorded these rumblings.

One Israel approves of the Palace plan. I see no way the palace would benefit us besides removing corruption, which we don't have with our government anyway.

Moving too democracy is far too radical, it improves our money situation too much.

I'd be willing to allow the first plan of editing, but the Palace idea seems simpler.

Do Harmony and Centre approve of the Palace plan as well?
Old December 1, 2003, 07:32   #13
yaroslav
Emperor

Turkey is not kosher, IIRC (BTW, how in h*ll do you use the same name in English for a country and an animal?? It's very confusing )

Now seriously, I think Centre will aprove (after all, Emugod is very worried with the bribering thing), but Harmony, I don't know
Old December 1, 2003, 08:48   #14
POTUS
Prince

Turkey can be kosher. You just need to get it from a kosher butcher.
Old December 1, 2003, 09:20   #15
Dr. Nick
Deity

KILL THE FANATIC! KILL IT! KILL! KILL! KILL!
Old December 1, 2003, 09:48   #16
yaroslav
Emperor

@Potus:

I bet our PM hasn't got it from a kosher butcher
Old December 1, 2003, 17:55   #17
PinkyGen
Prince

Turkey is quite Kosher, it being a staple of even my rabbi's table. It depends on how you cook it.

That being said, no my Turkey probably wasn't Kosher, considering as how I only think there is only one Kosher butcher in the entire city I live in, and my mom prefers the 5 minute drive to Kroger than the 30 minute search for wherever the Kosher butcher is.

As for the names, don't forget, we Georgia the state and Georgia the country, and Hungary the country, and Hungary, well I'm hungry.

And we are founding a state were religious and secular Jews may live in harmony. How many others here use butcher's.
Old December 2, 2003, 16:11   #18
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

The PRESIDENT OF ISRAEL fully supports Yaro Hex editing the file for the greater good of the Israeli nation whether they eat Turkey or not.

BTW Yaro is a WIZZ at this stuff and I trust him without question to do the right thing
Old December 3, 2003, 10:20   #19
PinkyGen
Prince

Can the leaders of Harmony and Centre please post their approval or disaproval of Yaroslav's capitol scheme?
Old December 3, 2003, 13:31   #20
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Mr PM

Is this one of those occassions where we should just call for a Knesset vote?

Thoughts?
Old December 3, 2003, 15:15   #21
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Mr PM

Is this one of those occassions where we should just call for a Knesset vote?

Thoughts?
Knesset votes' probably better. We still need those party leaders anyway, as well as Stalin.
Old December 3, 2003, 16:33   #22
yaroslav
Emperor

The Knesset Election thread has been altered to include the members of the knesset:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...20#post2529020
Old December 4, 2003, 01:12   #23
Nilat
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
King

The immigration minister of Israel () supports Yaros "palace" suggestion fully
Old December 4, 2003, 11:18   #24
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

OK Mr PM it looks like we have three votes out of 5 Knesset Votes FOR the Yaro palace insertion.

I think we can safely move forward now.

Old December 4, 2003, 12:01   #25
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 08:17
Harmony votes against the proposal to eliminate spies.

Harmony is the only party that supports the use of spies by both the Israelis and the Arabs.

If we have such a great nation, why are we worried about those who seek to bribe our citizens?
Old December 4, 2003, 12:04   #26
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Ben Kenobi's (Harmony's) vote is noted and appreciated.

The vote count is now 3 to 1 FOR.

We can still proceed but I would still like to hear from our last Knesset member.

Thanks