Old November 27, 2003, 03:26   #1
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 06:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
question for the married/long term relationship folks
whats the longest youve gone without making love? and this means from one time to another. right now its been almost 4 weeks and its so frustrating and i just dont know what to do. we have talked about it and she says she just isnt in the mood, and that our relationship doesnt need it so much because we are so close.

what can i do?
Old November 27, 2003, 03:48   #2
Timexwatch
King

Local Time: 09:18
Hah. Sounds like bullshite to me.

How long have you been seeing her?
Old November 27, 2003, 03:55   #3
self biased
staff
Civilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Civilization V News Editor

obviously, she's cheating on you.

i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in my experience that's the answer. especially with the "our relationship is close enough we don't need to" horsepoop.

however, in the event i'm wrong, ask her if there's anything that you could do to get her in the mood.
Old November 27, 2003, 03:58   #4
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

4 months now. i dont possibly see how she could be cheating on me because we spend a great share of our free time together...it would be amazing if she found time to...
Old November 27, 2003, 03:59   #5
Sikander
King

Re: question for the married/long term relationship folks
Quote:
Originally posted by MRT144
whats the longest youve gone without making love? and this means from one time to another. right now its been almost 4 weeks and its so frustrating and i just dont know what to do. we have talked about it and she says she just isnt in the mood, and that our relationship doesnt need it so much because we are so close.

what can i do?
I've probably gone longer while in an LTR, but not much longer. Typically, a lack of sex in a relationship points to other problems in the relationship. It might for instance just be her, but the odds are that it involves you to some degree. It could be a million things, and she may not even be aware of exactly what it is herself. Your mission is to figure out what the deal is while simultaneously keeping a good "can-do" attitude about the relationship and not pi$$ing your gf off.

Fortunately once the issue is brought up and even rudimentarily discussed you should be back in the sack with her. Unless "the problem" is directly related to her desire for you or some other fundamental question, you don't have to solve it immediately. Simply identifying it and re-committing to the relationship and to working on it are usually enough to clear the decks for action. Good luck.
Old November 27, 2003, 04:02   #6
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 13:18
Perhaps she's enlightened?
Old November 27, 2003, 04:09   #7
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

well we have discussed it and she says she cant figure out why right now. she is under a lot of stress as of late having to do with money and school and her roommate...

i think part of the problem is the fact that she also says that the fact that i think about it so much is a turn off. i think if i had sex more than once a month i wouldnt have to think about it so much. and for christs sake im 20 years old...

she is sexually attracted to me though. she is constantly fondling me and she tells me how attractive i am. its just point a. never gets to point b.

Old November 27, 2003, 04:16   #8
Timexwatch
King

Has she ever had sex? Had a really bad experience in the past?

The girl I'm dating right now had dated a huge ******* for over a year before we met. She took a bit to open up to the idea of sex.
Old November 27, 2003, 04:21   #9
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

yes. weve had sex before... her and i. the only bad thing i can think about when i comes to sex between her and i is the fact that she says im a little too endowed and it makes her sore...
Old November 27, 2003, 04:29   #10
Timexwatch
King

Excuse me for failing to remember the previous lovemaking...I've been traveling today.

Stress certainly adds to the "not in the mood" factor.

Let me try this one: How long was the gap between first seeing you and sex? Was there a lot at the beginning of the realtionship? Do you think she kept up a better tempo at the beginning to make sure you were "snagged"?
Old November 27, 2003, 04:39   #11
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

sorry i didnt mean to sound rude...

and as for the second question i feel exactly like that. that she was just doing it to get me to stay with her, but for me it was never about sex. I didnt stay with her and i dont love her because of sex or the promise of sex.

i mean there was about a month we waited before we had sex, and there was only a little fooling around in that time.

its just frustrating because besides the things i love about her, i also really enjoy making love with her.

im not going to break up with her because of a lack of sex either. there so much about her that i adore and enjoy that it would be ridiculous to do so.
Old November 27, 2003, 04:41   #12
self biased
staff

four months does not a long term relationship make.
Old November 27, 2003, 05:06   #13
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

right, but i see this possibly turning into that and its not like we are teetering on the brink of breakup any time soon.
Old November 27, 2003, 05:11   #14
Theben
Deity

Quote:
she is under a lot of stress as of late having to do with money and school and her roommate...
could have a lot to do with it.
Quote:
she says im a little too endowed and it makes her sore...
then quit aiming for the tailpipe.
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old November 27, 2003, 05:12   #15
self biased
staff

good. stress can be a killer. give her a massage. make up something romantic. girls like that sort of thing.
Old November 27, 2003, 05:19   #16
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 21:18
Women generally have sex on a much lower priority than men. You said you haven't had sex in 4 weeks, how does that affect you as a whole? Are you in the relation for sex or for your SO?
Old November 27, 2003, 05:20   #17
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

Local Time: 14:18
Re: question for the married/long term relationship folks
Quote:
Originally posted by MRT144
whats the longest youve gone without making love?
6 weeks- after the birth of our kid.
Old November 27, 2003, 07:01   #18
Bosh
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 22:18
Good chance it might be the stress, do some different and nice with a back massage, nice dinner, the works to try to make her forget about that. I feel for you man, I start getting cranky when its been 4 days (which happens every week, goddam LDR )....

edit: hmmmmm or maybe spend a little less time together, there seems to be a bizarre inverse relationship between the amount of time couples spend together and how much sex gets had.
Old November 27, 2003, 12:54   #19
Lord Merciless
Warlord

Ten weeks, because I have to go to a grad school in a different city.

My wife didn't want to have sex with me before marriage, and we had lived together for six months before marrying.
Old November 27, 2003, 13:45   #20
Rex Little
Prince

4 weeks is a long time in the context of a 4-month relationship, but not if you've been married awhile. I don't remember exactly when my last time was, but I think it was over a year ago. I know I'm 0 for 2003.
Old November 27, 2003, 13:47   #21
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Laura and I went through a year long period where we didn't do it because of a really long and painful bout with endometriosis - and when it was all said and done, our wedding date was just 2 months away so we were like "what the hell, we might as well wait."
Old November 27, 2003, 14:59   #22
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Quote:
I've probably gone longer while in an LTR, but not much longer. Typically, a lack of sex in a relationship points to other problems in the relationship. It might for instance just be her, but the odds are that it involves you to some degree. It could be a million things, and she may not even be aware of exactly what it is herself. Your mission is to figure out what the deal is while simultaneously keeping a good "can-do" attitude about the relationship and not pi$$ing your gf off.
I concur. This points to another problem, IMO. This is definetly not normal behavior. If she 'isn't in the mood' there is something that happened.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old November 27, 2003, 15:13   #23
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

i will try to do more romanitical type things, i do give her lots of massages already, but perhaps ill do some more elemental and mood sort of stuff. for right now im just not gonna stress about it though, because i figure that itll happen again when it does...

perhaps im just growing a bit apathetic
Old November 27, 2003, 15:18   #24
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 08:18
Well, I haven't slept with mine, by mutual consent. We've been dating for close to 8 months.

Quote:
and that our relationship doesnt need it so much because we are so close.
This section worries me. You said that you have enjoyed sleeping with her before so something has changed.

Stress may be a problem, I know it would be between my girlfriend and I, if we were at that point in our relationship, annd we were both as busy as we have been.

The suggestion of massages, etc. are good. Keep her mind off of school.
Old November 27, 2003, 15:27   #25
Richelieu
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

She may be testing you. I know i will surprise the hell out of you but women can be devious sometimes...
Old November 27, 2003, 15:44   #26
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Well he doesn't need that sort of test .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old November 27, 2003, 15:55   #27
Snotty
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 14:18
When you were having sex, how long did your foreplay last? Do you have non-penetrative sexual contact now? What I mean is do you fool around, or can you bring her to orgasm just by masturbating her, or oral. Thats certain to de-stress her if thats the problem. You may have to do it this way for a little while.

If shes complaining about being sore after sex then you need to take that into account when you do get it again. Some lube works wonders, and try not to thrust as fast/hard. I guess she has not had a lot of sex before? If shes badly sore afterwards then its going to put her off doing it again, so you should try what you can to help.

A previous gf of mine found sex painful and we had to go through all sorts of stuff with the gyno to sort it out, all that time without sex. Everyone else says that you should be cool and liberal with it, but I know how tough it can get, and how much it can mess with your head. Its possible shes got a deeper problem and youve got to try to keep it together to help her get through this.
Old November 27, 2003, 16:00   #28
aaglo
King

Local Time: 16:18
I've been with my girl for 4 years in the new years eve.

The longest time without sex might be between 4 to 6 weeks - mainly because she's studying in another city, 160 km from my home. And that's partially because she had her period when we saw each other in the middle. I don't find it awkward to have sex while period, but she does... I don't know if that's normal (on either point of wiev).
Old November 27, 2003, 16:05   #29
Spec
Emperor

Imo, 3 options

1 - She's a lesbian
2 - You suck in bed but stays with you cuz she loves you (women dont want any if they dont com)
3- She doesn't love you anymore.

I would bet 100$ that it's one of those reasons.

And for these things, I am usually right.

It's a gift.

Spec.
Old November 27, 2003, 16:07   #30
aaglo
King

Local Time: 16:18
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnT
Laura...
What a beautiful and perfect name for the of one's life