Old December 11, 2003, 04:17   #241
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 13:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
OK orders sent to Vovan for my fight against Nuclear Master.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old December 11, 2003, 10:07   #242
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 08:21
Welcome again fight fans to round three of the bout between Skanky Meridius and Spikian of Physiciae.

Now that both contestants have tasted a little blood, they circle each other looking for an opening to layeth down the killer blow.

In an instant they stop their circling and stand back facing each other about 3 meters apart. At some signal, known only to the two combatants, they rush towards each other with shields and swords out leading the charge.

They ram into each other with a force so great that both contestants fly back about a half meter and land on their littlebutticuses.

As both of them scramble to their feet, they realize that no damage has been done to either.

Skanky Meridius and Spikian of Physiciae both have 9 points remaining.
Old December 11, 2003, 10:22   #243
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

As luck would have it we have another fight on the card today. ADG the Mysterious against Asmodean the Varangian. Again both our contestants are coming off wins in previous bouts.

As our contestants enter the ring, this humble anouncer can tell that this will be one fine bout, "Let's get ready to RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmble."

ADG starts of the moves with a wild swipe at Asmodean, who easily dodges the wild swing, drops to one knee and thrusts his sword at the mid-section of ADG. He stikes ADG in the ribs of his shield side and I can hear bones crunching from here in the booth. Not to mention the crimson gleam radiating from Asmodean's sword. Yummy!

But amazingly, ADGs wild swing was actually part of a spinning looping combo move that had to be seen to be believed. All I can say is that there is an elbow, forearm, hand and a shield lying on the ground and Asmodean looks none to happy to be without them. But I'm sorry because it is way cool to watch the blood pumping out of the end of Asmodean's stub.

ADG the Mysterious has 7 points remaining and Asmodean the Varangian has 6 points remaining.
Old December 11, 2003, 12:06   #244
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 07:21
Jamskius Maximus vs Nuclarius the Brute - Round 1
Welcome to the next fight of the day. Now enetering the coliseum are the brave warriors: Jamskius Maximus and Nuclarius the Brute! They face each other with expressions of bloodlust on their faces. Let the fight begin!

The opponents begin to circle each other. They stare each other in the eye, trying to determine what the plan for the first attack is going to be. Suddenly, both make the same decision! They drop their shields to gain agility and run towards each other, aiming their swords for the kill. The bodies of the gladiators clash, flesh is pierced by steel and blood is spilled on the sand. Neither expected the opponent to behave the same way, and they part slightly stunned.

Nuclarius is limping slightly: it looks like Jamskius' weapon went through his left thigh.

Jamskius seems a little more hurt. He is holding his stomach and his face expresses agony.

The gladiators pick up their abandoned shields and start circling again, looking for an opening for another blow.

----

Jamskius Maximus - 5 points remaining
Nuclarius the Brute - 6 points remaining
Spore page
Old December 11, 2003, 12:50   #245
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 15:21
Quote:
Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
ADG the Mysterious has 7 points remaining and Asmodean the Varangian has 6 points remaining.
Hmm... that hurt

PM sent...
Old December 11, 2003, 13:33   #246
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 00:21
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Sent.
I see Spikie is playing it safe too.
Old December 11, 2003, 17:18   #247
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Welcome again fight fans to round four of the bout between Skanky Meridius and Spikian of Physiciae.

Let's hope that this round is a little more exciting than the last one. The crowd is still not real thrilled about the last "Clash of the Emporers." This announcer is wondering if he might just slip in a small nap in this round...ZZZZ...what? Oh, my, God!

Skanky and Spikian are just stand there staring at each other. What are they thinking? What are they trying to do? What...ZZZZ...Oh my God, they both dropped their shields to the ground. I'm on the edge of my seat.

Skanky flares a nostril and yells, "No time for little girls, just pain."
To which Spikian replys, "Bring on the pain then."

Skanky runs quickly toward Spikian, and as he closes to one meter, Spikian slashes downward with his sword, while Skanky turns around and backflips over Spikian using his sword as leverage on Spikian's neck in the process opening a large and nasty cut on Spikian's lower neck and shoulder.

Spikian then pulled his sword up and around his body and continued toward the now landing Skanky. Spikian managed to land his sword deep into Skanky's thigh taking a big chunk of meat with it as it passed through.

Skanky looks down at what is left of his thigh points at it and says, "Oh yeah baby, that's what I'm talkin' bout!"

Skanky Meridius now has 7 points remaining and Spikian of Physiciae has 6 points remaining.
Old December 11, 2003, 17:39   #248
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

ADG the Mysterious against Asmodean the Varangian start their second round of battle a little shaken from the first round. It looks like these two brutes are not of the defensive type as the crowd roars for more of this show.

This announcer is a little impressed at the combatants. Asmodean has managed to tie a rag around his stump to stop the bleeding. ADG on the other hand can't seem to hold his shield anymore so he throws it to the ground in disgust. He has one of those "special red liquid" coughs that lead this announcer to say, "punctured lung, anyone?"

The boys are not quite as spry as they start their death dance again. Asmodean stumbles forward and starts into a roll as ADG slashes in the space where he was. Asmodean can quite get back to feet after the roll since he [sic] doesn't seem to have a free hand. ADG takes this as an opportunity to stike and thrusts his sword downward into Asmodean's shadow as he rolls away at the last moment flicking sand into ADG's eyes. It wasn't a complete miss though, and Asmodean has a light gash along his backside.

Asmodean circled around leaning on his stump as ADG was getting his sword out of the sand, and the sand out of his eyes. He managed to swing the sword low at the back of ADG's heel lacerating the Archilles tendon in the process.

Oh my God, does it get any better than this? The red patch in the sand conitues to grow around these two. The crowd loves this pairing.

ADG the Mysterious and Asmodean the Varangian both have 4 points remaining.
Old December 11, 2003, 17:48   #249
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Quote:
What...ZZZZ...Oh my God, they both dropped their shields to the ground....
Are you mocking me?

Well, you'll pay for that.

As soon as Nuclear Master shows up to process our orders that is.
Spore page
Old December 11, 2003, 17:52   #250
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

No, not mocking you, just defensive players. Our bout is going to be the fastest of the second rounders.
Old December 11, 2003, 17:56   #251
vovan
Emperor

Quote:
No, not mocking you, just defensive players. Our bout is going to be the fastest of the second rounders.
Hehe, I know, I figured so, but it just that in my description of the fight, I said something about the players dropping their shields, and now you said it in such a way that could be interpreted as if you fell asleep during the sentence. You know, you could read it is if it was full of sarcasm:

OMG, the warriors dropped their shields.... ZZZ.... I'm on the edge of my seat...

You know?

But you'll pay any way.
Spore page
Old December 11, 2003, 18:19   #252
Asmodean
Civilization III Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

YESSSSS!!!!! I tried to figure out how I could gain that one missing point, and it seems that my gamble paid off.

Now if only I can outwit him again

Asmodean
Old December 11, 2003, 19:16   #253
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by vovan

Hehe, I know, I figured so, but it just that in my description of the fight, I said something about the players dropping their shields, and now you said it in such a way that could be interpreted as if you fell asleep during the sentence. You know, you could read it is if it was full of sarcasm:

OMG, the warriors dropped their shields.... ZZZ.... I'm on the edge of my seat...

You know?

But you'll pay any way.
I fell asleep when the contestants were doing the stare down thing and was awoken by the shield drop event.

General Question: Are my little stories entertaining?, cuz I could make them a lot shorter.

Spaced
Old December 11, 2003, 19:18   #254
vovan
Emperor

Quote:
General Question: Are my little stories entertaining?, cuz I could make them a lot shorter.
Oh, yeah. I think they add quite a bit of flavour to the game.
Spore page
Old December 11, 2003, 22:08   #255
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Me likey.

And next round I'll show you non-defenders the true power of defence. By killing you!
Old December 12, 2003, 04:49   #256
Asmodean
Emperor

HeHe...the stories are great. Of course it helps a bit that ADG and I are really going at each other

Asmodean
Old December 12, 2003, 05:51   #257
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I like the details of the wounds. Yummy

-Jam
Old December 12, 2003, 08:40   #258
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

I will continue on with the story when I receive orders from Skanky, ADG, and Asmodean
Old December 12, 2003, 08:45   #259
Jamski
Deity

Orders sent

-Jam
Old December 12, 2003, 10:20   #260
Skanky Burns

I sent my orders.
Oh well, sending again.
Old December 12, 2003, 11:45   #261
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Asmodean
HeHe...the stories are great. Of course it helps a bit that ADG and I are really going at each other

Asmodean

Yep

At least we keep the announcer awake

Btw, next round's skills are sent
Old December 12, 2003, 14:03   #262
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Welcome again fight fans to round five of the dance, er, I mean bout between Skanky Meridius and Spikian of Physiciae.

Skanky turned to Spikian while motioning to what was left of his thigh and said, "What is up with that! I am going to need a number 10 can opener to open this giant size can of whoop A$$ that I'm about to give to you."

While Spikian replied, "What---EVER!, You touch me with sword again and I'll DL and get L33t on that hiney."

And so we enter another exciting round between these two combatants. That is, if your idea of exciting is watching paint dry.

Anyhoo, the contestants start the all to familiar circling and probing, while we are all wondering who will be the lead in this dance.

Well we did not have to wait long to find out. Skanky stopped dead in his tracks and stood in a standoffish manner. He stretched out his shield hand (sans shield) and in a Matrix like manner gave Spikian the come on with it wave in.

This did not sit to well with Spikian, and he closed to about half a meter of Skanky. Skanky dropped his arm and remained perfectly still with both arms at his side. Spikian reached back with his sword and started a massive roundhouse blow aimed at Skanky's head. Skanky did not even flinch.

At this point I did not know what was going on, it appeared that Skanky, for some reason, had given up the contest and was about to be beheaded. But then something happened. Skanky brought his sword up in an inside to outside circle at a speed which I've never witnessed before.

Just as Spikian's blade approached Skanky's neck, Skanky's sword blocked the powerful move, not by striking the blade, but by striking Spikian's wrist. Spkian's hand and sword continued to move behind Skanky's head while blood sprayed out of the stump that was Spikian's hand onto Skanky's face.

The sword was spinning as it landed about ten meters away with Spikian's hand still attached, index finger still twitching. It did manage to nick Skanky's neck as it flew by and spun back around from the force of the collision, but did no real damage.

Skanky Meridius has 7 points remaining and Spikian of Physiciae has only 4 points remaing.

I do not think that this one will last much longer.
Old December 12, 2003, 14:36   #263
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 14:21
Bugger.
Old December 12, 2003, 14:59   #264
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Wordy.

And I have not received Asmodean's orders for the next round.
Old December 12, 2003, 16:45   #265
Jamski
Deity

The crowd are getting all the blood they wanted

-Jam
Old December 12, 2003, 17:57   #266
Asmodean
Emperor

Orders sent

Asmodean
Old December 12, 2003, 18:50   #267
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ADG

Yep

At least we keep the announcer awake

Btw, next round's skills are sent
ADG, can you send again? I wrote them down at work and did think that I deleted the PM??? but must have. I think that I remember your orders, but just in case. I'll check back in morning (16 hours). Oh, I'm at home now and have asmos. Also if skanky and spikey were to send their in the interim...that would be great.
Old December 12, 2003, 19:29   #268
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 14:21
You can pick mine, since it is impossible to win from such a large deficit, assuming Skanky isn't a complete fool.
Old December 12, 2003, 19:46   #269
Jamski
Deity

Assume he IS a complete fool.

-Jam
Old December 13, 2003, 00:51   #270
Skanky Burns

Now I'm going to feel really bad should I manage to lose this one.