Old November 30, 2003, 21:15   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 15:27
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Angel diplomatic exchanges
Let's use this thread for diplomatic contacts with the Angels, or information we find out about them.

In the MY 2147 thread Impaler suggested to trade the commlink frequency of PUT to the Angels. Impaler tried that on the 2145 save and they offered 20 ec.

First off, I have not been able to get this result using the lastest save. Impaler, could you please check if you can make it work, and if so: how?
In any case, the diplobox info still shows that we can offer PUT the Angel frequency, so they haven't contacted them themselves yet.

But if we can still sell Roze the PUT frequency, should we?

In a chat, Impaler mentioned IIRC the following arguments PRO:
  • We would gain 20 credits.
  • Soon the council will probably be called, so if we wait too long, they will gain the frequency anyway, and we will gain nothing.
I mentioned a possible drawback of such a trade:
  • When PUT gains the Angel frequency, they will be able to buy the believer frequency and possibly find out they can buy Applied Physics and Nonlinear Mathematics from Miriam, depriving us from trading AppPhys to PUT, and also create the possibility that PUT can sell NonlMath to PEACE.
  • Furthermore it is uncertain that the planetary council will be called soon. The Hive is unlikely to get enough votes if only they, the drones and we vote in their favour. And we haven't heard much from the Hive about them buying our votes, which we would if they planned to call the council soon.

So what do you think, should we try to sell the PUT frequency to the Angels, or also the opposite: try to sell Angel, Believer or Drone frequencies to PUT?

Also another matter: while trying to repeat Impaler's idea using this turn I discovered that the Angels are at war with the Hive! Do you think there is a way we could use this information in our diplomatic dealings?

Lastly, again while trying to repeat Impaler's idea the Angels demanded HEC from me. One answering possibility I had, was asking SotHB in return. So we now know they have that tech.
Old December 1, 2003, 00:36   #2
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 06:27
In the 45 save they imediatly request the Uni com when you call them up but in 47 they dont even though they dont have it, odd.

But on second though as you pointed out the possibility of Uni getting in tough with Belivers, that not very desirable. Though I doupt the Belivers will be friendly with the University as they are using a Godless and Wretched Democracy the HEATHINS!!!

Well the Angels and Hive being in Vendeta makes little difference the AI loves too be in vendeta with everyone all the time. I would not be supprised if Miraiam is also Vendeta or soon will be. We might want to put off Pacting with the Hive so as not too losse trade with the AI's.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old December 4, 2003, 19:10   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
We might want to put off Pacting with the Hive so as not too losse trade with the AI's.
Good point. HongHu's asking after a date to pact though. What should we respond? We can hardly say "2152" as they would immediately know of our plans.
Old December 5, 2003, 03:06   #4
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

well On Second though neither of the AI's seem willing to Sign a treaty of friendship and actualy CONDUCT trade with us so we arn't lossing anything yet. I doupt they will ever be in a friendly relationship with us. We just want to keep them Passive untill we feel the time is right to take them out starting with Miriam.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old December 5, 2003, 09:54   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:27
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac

Good point. HongHu's asking after a date to pact though. What should we respond? We can hardly say "2152" as they would immediately know of our plans.
What is this concern?

And, with the state of the Hive ATM, there is no way we will reach any agreement to sort out a deal re: the Council vote soon, even with Enigma_Nova kicking them into gear! Also, it is clear that the Hive would likely not get enough votes anyway, so Council is counter-productive. Thus I do not think we should trade Contacts.

How can we find out who has contact with who? Such info would be useful in conjunction with vote tallies so we can try to avoid having an unfriendly Planetary Governor elected.

Currently:

Hive 48 votes
University 21 votes
Believers 35 votes
PEACE 29 votes
Drones 31 votes
Angels 42 votes
Us 23 votes (!)

Thus, an election now would be between the Angels and Hive. The Hive could get 48 + us (23) + Drones(?) (31) = 102. The Uni is unlikely to vote for the Hive considering they fell out recently. PEACE, if they suspect we are buddying up to the Hive a little, may not vote for the Hive either. I cannot say who would vote for who from the others, but with this much the Angels may have as much as 42 + Uni (21) + PEACE (29) = 92. There are plenty of ways the remaining votes could go to screw us.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old December 5, 2003, 11:48   #6
Impaler[WrG]
King

Actualy I think the Hive not getting infiltration on us is a GOOD thing. Pacting them is one thing but Infiltration is perminent as far as I know so its not realy something we want to happen, at first it just seemed inevitable but its becoming less so, eventualy I think our pop will rise enough (from conquest) that we might actualy be one of the contenders! Then what would we do, we will likly have caused too much alienation to get any votes and the AI's will all abstain, a tricky situation indeed.
Old December 5, 2003, 12:51   #7
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
Pacting them is one thing but Infiltration is permanent
Once infiltrated, infiltration is indeed permanent.

But infiltration through a Pact is only valid so long as the Pact is in effect. If you cease to pact, your infiltration ceases (that's why you keep that old turn when yous till were pacted with PEACE)

G.
Old December 7, 2003, 03:25   #8
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:27
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Surely infiltration from being Gov is as short a term as that faction is Governor as well?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old December 7, 2003, 03:42   #9
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Correct - if you lose a governor election, then you lose any infiltration you had (as governor) - if you had already infiltrated thru probes, you keep that indefinitely

G.
Old December 7, 2003, 11:01   #10
Impaler[WrG]
King

Oh I didn't know that, I guess cause in my Single Players games once I get govenorship I never loss it again

This is good to know non the less
Old December 7, 2003, 13:18   #11
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 13:27
Personally I'd be against trading yet. The council won't be called, since the only two to gain are the Hive, who probably won't win (Believers like Angels IIRC) and the Anges who don't have the commlink. If the Angels call the council the Hive will have to wait 20 years to get governorship. 20 credits isn't much though.

IMHO, if we need the ec for a project, then do it. The war needs funding. However if not, then I would say wait on it for now. What do others think?

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old December 7, 2003, 20:28   #12
Maniac

I agree.
Old December 11, 2003, 15:37   #13
Maniac

Using the MY 2148 save I found out that the Angels have also prototyped the impact gun. Let's hope other factions don't contact the AI and discover it, or that the price has dramatically increased by now!
Old December 12, 2003, 09:18   #14
Phenix
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Morgan
Warlord

Local Time: 14:27
Can someone quickly resume for me which factions have the Angels commlink and which don't?? I know the PuT still don't have it, but does everyone else?
Old December 12, 2003, 09:34   #15
Maniac

I believe so yes: everyone but PUT has it. Except for PUT not knowing the AI factions, everyone knows everyone AFAIK.
Old December 12, 2003, 11:16   #16
Impaler[WrG]
King

Yes thats correct, if Uni contact either of them then they will call council I belive. We know uni has boats and is exploring so that a good posibility.