Old December 4, 2003, 07:55   #1
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 14:38
Local Date: November 2, 2010
What are the rules that govern what tech you steal
What are the rules that govern what tech you steal in a multi option situation

In one game I am in I probed a player who had two techs I didn't. They were at two different levels. I got a certain outcome. It was not the one I wanted.

Later after I had finished the turn. I went back to the move (it was at the start) and on replay I got the other tech. (BTW I stuck with the original for the game purposes).

But was the tech I got random or determined by some factors just prior to the probe.

I kinda assumed you ended up stealing the lower level tech (if there was more than one available) which can be very annoying.
Old December 5, 2003, 15:33   #2
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 07:38
It had almost always been the case for me. That if you try steal a tech, you get a low level tech that you don't need. I was told that once your probe team is a veteran then he could choose which tech he wants to steal. Haven't got around to test this yet though.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 5, 2003, 17:36   #3
CEO Aaron
ACDG3 Morgan
King

Local Time: 13:38
I never issue orders to direct a stolen tech, I'm content to merely send 10 or so probe teams to scrub my enemy's datalinks clean.
Old December 5, 2003, 18:29   #4
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 07:38
Problem is sometimes you don't want to steal a certain tech for you don't want to increase your tech rate unnessarily.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 6, 2003, 23:49   #5
CEO Aaron
ACDG3 Morgan
King

Local Time: 13:38
Well, I rarely engage in wholesale tech-rape until I've completed my beelines or I have no chance to catch up in the tech-race.
Old December 7, 2003, 21:13   #6
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 14:38
I am talking MP here, CEO Aaron, Any further views.