Closed Thread

Old March 28, 2004, 02:33   #211
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 23:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
ideas runiing short , time for input from game makers as to when they are going to start .
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old March 29, 2004, 00:55   #212
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 13:42
you mean Firaxis?
Old March 29, 2004, 01:13   #213
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

anyone that going to make it ....
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old April 1, 2004, 19:48   #214
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 14:42
Quote:
Originally posted by The Big Mc

I second that motion plus can we have alternates so we can personalize the council.
Yeah, then you will be able to sack the geeky fellow who encourages you to build the manhattan project and install the hot blonde chick as the new council member instead. She can give you advises such like "more hugging eachother" and of course "more peace in the world"

Anyway, two things:

1. Are we sure Firaxis will be progging this one?

2. If so, will they use the same fellas who progged SMAC and Civ2 ?
Old April 1, 2004, 22:53   #215
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 15:42
Quote:
Originally posted by ThePlagueRat
2. If so, will they use the same fellas who progged SMAC and Civ2 ?
Very unlikely, given they left to found BigHugeGames.
Old April 2, 2004, 15:48   #216
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 14:42
That's a pity.
I believe those guys are comptetent to make BugFreeGames too. SMAC was almost perfect when it hit the stores, and just needed some light patching. Few people can do that these days...
Old April 8, 2004, 21:04   #217
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Local Time: 07:42
Government Departments & Agencies
edit:

new location

Oops.
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Last edited by Mr. Nice Guy; April 8, 2004 at 21:33.
Old April 30, 2004, 21:34   #218
Fyrecrypts
Settler

Very crazy ideas (I think).
Wonders

I feel a third tier of wonders should be created, global wonders. Like the internet, the manhattan project, a world bank or the way a united nations should be. Maybe have global wonders that help everyone, or global wonders that hurt everyone. I see the world bank as being very interesting.

Loan out your money, maybe give a portion of the interest to the civ that built it in the first place. Or you could borrow money from the bank, etc...

Multiplayer

A turnless game that's not exactally turnless. It sounds odd but bear with me.

The game would work so each individual object, like building a temple, or moving a unit somewhere takes a proportionate amount of time depending on how many turns it would've taken. For example, say 1 turn = 15 seconds. To build a temple would normally take 10 turns, so have it take 150 seconds to build. While moving a unit would've taken 2 turns, have it take 30 seconds to get somewhere.

It could even work against computer controlled civs, and would be a very fun way to get a quick game in.

Crazy ideas

I'd only like this idea if it was implemented right, the ability for a future in civilization games, too many times I'll end a game researching "Future Tech 24" and so on, and it does nothing. Make up techs that *might* exist at some point. It just sorta makes sense.

Another idea is the ability to use your spaceship in another way than just a space race victory, allow actually colonizing another planet. In conjunction with the futuristic era above it could make for a very interesting departure from the traditional civ 1-3.

Unfortunately, both of those ideas could be royally screwed up, and although Civ3 was great at living up to my expectations from 10 years of Civ1&2 (After a bit of playing Civ3 anyway. ), I feel that with Civ4 already being announced there just wouldn't be enough time to polish the above.

Not so crazy idea

A few simple things that could be done to make the game a bit better overall are your general content additions... more civs, more civilization traits, more worker abilities, more techs, more blah blah blah. As a reference maybe look at *some* of the things in the Double Your Pleasure Mod. They already took some ideas it seems when they added stuff to Conquests anyway.
Old May 8, 2004, 08:26   #219
Changmai Beagle
Warlord

Local Time: 06:42
Location: Corporate Warlord of the Great White North & Warmer Climes
Time Management
I second Bonaparte. More turns and longer to learn techs.

There - was that 10 words, or what!
Old May 8, 2004, 09:06   #220
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Re: Very crazy ideas (I think).
Quote:
Originally posted by Fyrecrypts

Crazy ideas

I'd only like this idea if it was implemented right, the ability for a future in civilization games, too many times I'll end a game researching "Future Tech 24" and so on, and it does nothing. Make up techs that *might* exist at some point. It just sorta makes sense.
They have stuff like this in Call to Power and I like it very much. (War Walkers r0xx u, punk!!) Yet some people are violently opposed to it.
Old May 8, 2004, 19:36   #221
InterCiv
Settler

ideas from an experimented player
my ideas i dream about:

+ make the squares in the map more shorter to expand the map size and increase the challenge.
with this, the cities could expand throght more squares more populated its gets. However the units should move more squares.
also with this you will see the different between poor towns and great cities.

+the expansion of cities and the city square.
the bigger the city gets.. the bigger the city square gets.
you should see farms, ports and mines around the city.

+to create a better city system.. like mini-simcities, constructing more than 1 improvement depending on the population (for example.. a big city needs a lots of temples)... without making this in a difficult way.

+tourism, migration, crime, freights.. total domestic new concepts

+should allow thousands of civilizations.. for example when a ocurrs a civil war.. should independence cities into new civs.. with this around the game you should experiment a lots of new civilizations..
like you begin with 10.. and around the game.. some will die,, and some will appear.. like in the history.
this will be a total new experience in the game... a possible new trade concept and more harder to monopolizate the game..

civ4 should be a revolutionary game.. with entire new concepts and graphics.. a new experience without taking the "civilization" spirit.
ALL the new ideas.. should be in a game without bugs and FAST.

thanks
Old May 13, 2004, 21:34   #222
Joseph
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman
Flexible city radius

It should never be possible to irrigate desert or tundra EVER. Most military units that cross them should die, as should be the case with mountains and jungles. Forests and jungles should create plains when cut down. Irrigation should be curtailed.
We can reclaim some desert today. If there is enought water.
Old May 13, 2004, 22:17   #223
Joseph
King

Re: Woo Hoo!
Quote:
Originally posted by Brent

Culture Groups

Europe, Africa, Middle East, Far East, America, Miscellaneous, Fantasy. Balance as much as possible. Have unique units to be shared within a Culture Group in addition to specific to individual Civs.
U. Units. I would like to see more units. Starting at the appropriate time discover Biplanes and early Tanks. Use the British, German, and French Biplanes for all country base on the world at around 1900. That is all former British Empires Country would have the Sopwith Camel and Handley Page 0/400 for the Bomber. Former French colony would fly the Spad etc.
Than we could discover WW II type aircraft. For the USA, that would be the P-51, or the P-47, and/or the P-38. The B-17 or B-24 would be the bomber. Later we could discover the jet age with maybe the F-86 and later the F-4 and later the F-14 or 15 or 16 and finally the F-22. The bomber could be the B-52 and later B-1 or B-2. If the F-117 is used it should be in the Bomber category.

Tanks could be the same. The British tank for all Western Countrys and maybe the German tanks for all Eastern Countrys. WW II the M-4 for the USA, Panzer 4, Panther, or the Tiger tank for Germany. T-34 for Russian and later M-1 Abrams for us and the T-80 for the Russian.
Quote:
Graphics

We don't need no stinking animations. Units don't need to be animated. Appease any who might think the Civ3 animations constitute too much violence. Leaders don't need to be animated. Save the space to have other choices for leader. On the other hand, bringing back wonder movies would be nice, and not CG. The Civ2 High Council was good. Do something better than the other leaders comments for ending the game.
I don't agree, the animation is very nice to watch.

Last edited by Joseph; May 16, 2004 at 19:26.
Old June 16, 2004, 12:03   #224
Fromage10x
Settler

Local Time: 07:42
Edit: Errpp...sorry. I guess this thread is dead. I'll put this elsewhere.

Last edited by Fromage10x; June 17, 2004 at 15:47.
Old June 16, 2004, 13:56   #225
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Ummmm... Shouldn't this thread be locked...?
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old November 21, 2004, 22:20   #226
frekk
Chieftain

Palaces

Have some benefit attached to Palace additions.

Combat Scenes

When you have a UU that wins a fight and starts a Golden Age, have a short animation sequence come up depicting the victorious Berserker (or whatever the UU is) vanquishing his foe.
Old November 21, 2004, 23:34   #227
justjake73
Prince

Local Time: 08:42
If a unit /units invade another's territory, they need to capture a border city and then move inland...they can't just go for the capital or their supply is cut off and they start suffering attrition. If they do an amphib invasion, they need a city with a port.
and in the darkness bind them.
Old November 22, 2004, 09:09   #228
Trifna
King

Local Time: 21:42
This is NOT a thread to include ideas in. Otherwise, we could not start classify the tons of ideas all by ourselves!

See the Directory, and put your idea where it belongs:
http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...hreadid=123368

PS: Could someone lock this thread so it doesn't happen once in a while?
Old November 22, 2004, 09:13   #229
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I'll PM DanQ.
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Closed Thread