View Poll Results: How Should the UN reach a decision?
Simple majority = largest number of votes. (With 5 teams, 4 options, an option with 2 votes could win) 11 47.83%
Absolute majority = >50% of the votes. 7 30.43%
2/3 majority = >66% of the votes 5 21.74%
Unity = 100% of the votes. 0 0%
Abstain/Other (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 7, 2003, 22:30   #1
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 09:52
Local Date: November 2, 2010
POLL! How should the UN reach a decision?
This is all about HOW the UN should reach a decision, my feeling is a simple majority but Ill let you decide, vote away!

This is straight from the UN so dont ask me how I came up with the poll choices. Im just the messanger here!
Old December 7, 2003, 22:38   #2
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Yup - simple majority.

btw - who are the 5 teams so far?
Old December 7, 2003, 23:04   #3
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
Yup - simple majority.

btw - who are the 5 teams so far?
TEN! Teams, Ill post that else where
Old December 8, 2003, 00:12   #4
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:52
Simple majority. Decisions will take to long to reach a 2/3rds garnering form, if they ever reach such.
Old December 8, 2003, 10:35   #5
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:52
Who came up with these names??? WHat you call a "simple majority" is actually a plurality and an "absolute majority" is really a simple majority.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
civman2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2003, 10:47   #6
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
Who came up with these names??? WHat you call a "simple majority" is actually a plurality and an "absolute majority" is really a simple majority.
Our game ADMINs, not me
Old December 8, 2003, 20:30   #7
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 07:52
Simple majority in the case of minor affairs, 2/3 majority for major affairs.

(And an "Executive Officer of the Week" whose decisions will be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting. )
Vlad Antlerkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 2003, 02:18   #8
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:52
I'm taking it that this will be our official position as a team and that the UN is having a vote on this issus as a whole and we have to submit our vote on this matter?
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11, 2003, 17:40   #9
gnome
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Warlord

Local Time: 08:52
I voted "Absolute Majority" (<50%)... but I sense it's not quite so simple...

With an absolute majority option that means that some votes go unresolved. For that to work, the proposal would have to have a natural "default" result for if there is no absolute majority.

So perhaps absolute majority, with runoffs?
gnome is offline   Reply With Quote