Old December 8, 2003, 14:31   #1
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 10:10
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Authorizing members for the Apoly Team
Currently these are the authorized members:
conmcb25
Kloreep
Rhothaerill
Hot_Enamel
civman2000
BigFurryMonster
GhengisFarb
Nuclear Master
Octavian X
ixnay
donegeal
MrWhereItsAt
Beta
Panzer32
Dominae
rush
Togas
FrantzX
WhiteBandit
Htower
Zargon X
Vander
Big Free
MJW
Vlad Antlerkov
rendelnep
wervdon
Wooglin
jim_steer
jdd2007
Ennet
Sharpe
Gnome
sprudl
Snotty

These are not yet authorized:
Truman_Capote (Awaiting Authorization)

Last edited by Lord Nuclear; January 8, 2004 at 01:46.
conmcb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2003, 14:56   #2
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:10
Re: Authorizing members for the Apoly Team
Quote:
Duddha
Makahlua
Shiber
rendelnep (awaiting authorization)
jdd2007
I'll vouch for these people. They've been active in DGs and/or have been on a team I'm on for a while.

Quote:
MJW
wervdon (awaiting authorization)
Don't know these guys and can't vouch for them, but I believe they've been posting in the PTW ISDG for a little while, haven't they?

Also, there are doubtless going to be some people who haven't participated in DGs before and so are not widely known by our members. (For instance, I don't think I've seen Saint Marcus around any other Civ3 DGs.) I suggest we set a minimum join date and allow in anyone who joined poly at or before that date unless someone has good reason not to.
Old December 8, 2003, 15:10   #3
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:10
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

These are not yet authorized:
Duddha
Makahlua
MJW (awaiting authorization)
Vlad Antlerkov (awaiting authorization)
Wooglin (awaiting authorization)
jim_steer (awaiting authorization)
Vander (awaiting authorization)
Shiber
I've seen posts by all of these people in other Civ Dem forums and see no reason why they shouldn't be in.

I can only personally vouch for Shiber.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2003, 18:07   #4
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Bump, come on everyone, if you can vouch for someone! I dont want the authorizations taking forever, that will just lead to a loss of interest so PLEASE help me out here!

Thanks!
Old December 8, 2003, 18:22   #5
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 07:10
Oh, I thought Togas' post was enough. Like him I've seen all these people post either in the PTW ISDG or the C3DG.

BTW, Maki shouldn't be a problem since she's already a mini-mod in the forum.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2003, 19:10   #6
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 02:10
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:

Duddha
Makahlua
MJW (awaiting authorization)
Vlad Antlerkov (awaiting authorization)
Shiber
jdd2007

So before I authorize anyone else I would like someone here to vouch for these people because I dont know them.
I will certainly vouch for these guys (in some cases, redundantly). Duddha, Maki, Vlad, Shiber, rendel and jdd are those I know best. The others I have not had much contact with, but that contact has been in Poly DGs.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2003, 19:20   #7
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

OK good enough guys and thanks!

Sorry about being so cautious, I have had quite a few CIV 2 PBEM s ruined by cheaters and have personnally busted 3 cheaters in that forum.

So Im a little gun shy and this game of course is a big deal.

So again my apologizes for being so cautious.
Old December 8, 2003, 19:31   #8
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Ok everyone you guys suggested have been authorized, the only two awaiting authorization right now is:

pauli
Truman_Capote

They are awaiting authorization but no one has vouched for them yet, Does anyone know these two?

The rest have yet to try and join the CivGroup so I cant authorize them until they do that.
Old December 9, 2003, 02:17   #9
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

I don't either of them, but they are relatively new to Apolyton's site. I would go ahead and contact them by PM. Ask them a few questions about their Civ experiences and how they came to find Apoilyton's site and why they would be interested in this game. If they don't reply then don't admit them. But, if they reply, with even half way good answers, then let them in. The more the merrier. We can't be too concerend with cheating because then we kill the fun for everyoine by worrying too much.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 2003, 03:29   #10
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
I don't either of them, but they are relatively new to Apolyton's site. I would go ahead and contact them by PM. Ask them a few questions about their Civ experiences and how they came to find Apoilyton's site and why they would be interested in this game. If they don't reply then don't admit them. But, if they reply, with even half way good answers, then let them in. The more the merrier. We can't be too concerend with cheating because then we kill the fun for everyoine by worrying too much.
Agreed. If they want to join they should be given the chance to join. We're all new at some point.
Old December 9, 2003, 09:48   #11
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

OK guys, I agree, Ill send them both a PM.
Old December 9, 2003, 10:58   #12
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:10
Quote:
Saint Marcus
Duddha
Makahlua
Shiber
pauli (awaiting authorization)
Randolph
Truman_Capote
I can vouch for Duddha, Makahlua, and Shiber. I also have seen Saint Marcus around in variuos places though I can't completely vouch for him.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
civman2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 2003, 23:47   #13
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I vouch for Sharpe.
Old December 10, 2003, 05:03   #14
rendelnep
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Ankh-MorporkCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Ahhhh I feel loved
rendelnep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2003, 10:20   #15
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Email sent to pauli when he said he wasn't going to kowtow to us and tell us a little bit about himself, he just posted soemthing to that effect in the public sign up thread:

Quote:
pauli

I think you maybe taking this the wrong way.

Let me tell you my story. I have been posting regularly at Apoly for the last 18 months or so. I have over 2000 posts most of which are in the CIV 2 forums because I was basically a CIV 2 PBEM addict.

Well with Conquests coming out I decided to join the current ISDG a couple of months ago. They had me get someone to vouch for me because no one knew me. Which I did and was accepted.

It is just a simple security procedure to make sure we dont get any moles from another team.

With that being said, please just take the pledge in the sign up forum and I will authorize you. I see you registered in 2000 and have 250 plus posts at Apoly in the Civ3 forums.

And just so you know EVERYONE is taking the pledge, including the people who were aythorized into the forum by MarkG before I had the authorization rights.

So my apologizes this has nothing to do with you personnally, it has everything to do with our team trying to establish a little bit of security.

The reason for that is because these DEMO games take a heck of a lot of time, and it would be a shame if they got ruined by one bad egg.

Hopefully you understand our concerns.

Take the pledge and you are in, is it a deal?

conmcb25
(Steve K)
I dont think Im being to unreasonable here, if you guys have another opinion please let me know. When I had to get someone to vouch for me (to join ISDG) I had been a Poly guy actively posting for over a year and had over 2000 posts.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old December 10, 2003, 10:21   #16
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Double post
Old December 10, 2003, 10:25   #17
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
Best post EVER.

Old December 10, 2003, 13:04   #18
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
I dont think Im being to unreasonable here, if you guys have another opinion please let me know. When I had to get someone to vouch for me (to join ISDG) I had been a Poly guy actively posting for over a year and had over 2000 posts.

Wow con, I was the one that vouched for you and I didn't even know your name. Anyway good post and you're not being unreasonable about it at all. It's a shame he took it the way he did, but hopefully he'll see the point about the necessary security measures and come join in the fun.
Old December 10, 2003, 13:18   #19
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Email sent to pauli when he said he wasn't going to kowtow to us and tell us a little bit about himself, he just posted soemthing to that effect in the public sign up thread:

blah blah blah

No con, you are not being unreasonable. your post is great. The same standard is being applied to all and the part about your experience and the ISDG should drive that home.

Let's face it - this is a community. And as BF has said - we are here to have fun. But as con has pointed out, nothing ruins the fun more than cheating. The ISDG and certain incidents have shown that.

So, no, it is not a big deal to ask someone to explain themselves. Heck - in the ISDG we have let in some very new folks who have worked out very well. Some of my best Poly friends and team mates are new folks I have met through the ISDG authorization process - you know who you are!!! And if you don't, I will send you a Xmas card to make sure.
Old December 10, 2003, 17:24   #20
Kloreep
Emperor

I see no problem with letting pauli in once he takes the pledge. I very much doubt a 2000 registrant with that many posts is a DL.
Old December 15, 2003, 15:02   #21
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Snotty and Sprudl

Anyone want to comment?

Sounds like H_E knows and encouraged Snotty to join.
Old December 15, 2003, 21:36   #22
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:10
SprudL idles in the Apoly chat room quite a bit. I'll see if I can't get his attention.
Old December 16, 2003, 10:28   #23
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Well if I dont hear anything else from you guys Im authorizing both in about 6 hours or so.
Old December 16, 2003, 23:48   #24
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Snotty recently won the first MP C3C Tournament. SprudL is in chat a lot, and only someone like me with my timezone ever gets to chat to him. He has got involved with the SPDG stuff at times, so consider him vouched for.

And I notice you had FrantzX down as a 'who is this guy?' I have seen him post a fair amount, so I guess I vouch for him too.

Old December 17, 2003, 00:09   #25
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Thanks MWIA!

Frantz X has yet to try and join the civgroup, we have a few like that, posted interest and haven't joined the group yet.

Ill authorize those two. (Sprudl and snotty)
Old December 17, 2003, 11:30   #26
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

sprudl and Snotty authorized

This is interesting: Truman_Capote has withdrawn his name from the authorization list. I have not heard a word or seen a post from him anywhere, hmmmmmm....

GodKing awaits authorization but I think I know him enough that if he takes the pledge we will let him in.

No email reply from pauli yet although he remains on the awaiting authorization list. Its been about a week. Ah well.
Old December 17, 2003, 16:08   #27
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

I will vouch for GodKing.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2003, 12:20   #28
jagjef
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Vox
Prince

Local Time: 15:10
Conmcb25, I just wanna thanxs you for letting me in.
Old December 18, 2003, 13:05   #29
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by jagjef
Conmcb25, I just wanna thanxs you for letting me in.
No problem buts its just not me its all of us! Welcome to the IDG team!
Old December 19, 2003, 11:49   #30
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Quote:
Panzer32 (Although he did not tecnically ask )
please?

Actually I figure that joining the civgroup is 'asking'.
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Panzer32 is offline   Reply With Quote