Old December 9, 2003, 19:31   #1
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 10:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Random-Random PBEM
Off we go!

World Size: Small
Barb Activity: Random
Land Mass: Random
Water Coverage: Random
Climate: Random
Temperature: Random
Difficulty: Regent

All victory types active. Cultural converstions possible. Random seed preserved.

Play order
1. Shogun Gunner michaeldnelson A T msn D O T com
2. SlightlyMadman bsarsgard A T slightlymad D O T net
3. Beta brucehynes57 A T rogers D O T com
4. Wittlich wittlich A T sbcglobal D O T net
5. J2k pbem1 A T paperrat D O T com
6. McMeadows verweg A T hotmail D O T com
7. Snotty Snotty128 A T hotmail D O T com

I'm generating the game now and will send to SM in a few minutes.

Last edited by Shogun Gunner; December 12, 2003 at 10:36.
Old December 9, 2003, 19:45   #2
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

sent to SlightlyMadman 4000 BC
Old December 10, 2003, 04:25   #3
McMeadows
Civilization III PBEMIron CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 16:17
Another confirmation on this thread. Great job getting this game on the road SG.

Good game to everyone...

verweg AT hotmail
Old December 10, 2003, 04:57   #4
Snotty
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 15:17
Old December 10, 2003, 09:25   #5
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Yes - a big SG. I am looking forward to a random-random game. And a lot of new folks I have not played with before. And of course - my good friend Witt.

But still waiting on the save from SlightlyMadman.

My e-mail - if you do not have it SM, is brucehynes57NOSPAMatrogersdotcom.

(yes - the NOSPAM comes out and the at and dot - well you know.)
Old December 10, 2003, 10:08   #6
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

I did get an email from SlightlyMadman yesterday saying he would try to get a turn in before work. I hope he can do it today...

and thanks for all the nice comments. Seems like we got a good group.
Old December 10, 2003, 20:59   #7
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Earth to SlightlyMadman... come in please.

(Beta thinks - gawd - this is only turn one. )

On a more serious note - Madman - if you are having problems wit the first turn - I don't know if you are new to pbem or not - let us know and we can walk you through it.

btw - the tried and true way of playing pbem saves is to load them via the load game option on the main screen. You only need to use the multi-player screen to set the game up.

Also - I would recommend you NOT rename the save. If you do, there is no guarantee you will get it the same the next time, and as a result, saves for the same game end up all over your save file. Some people do indeed rename the outgoing save file. I am not a big fan.
Old December 10, 2003, 21:12   #8
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

I sent SlightlyBusyman a message via email.

I do want to be flexible regarding each player's RL schedule, but we should all agree on some way to handle these inevitable situations as they will come up.
Old December 10, 2003, 22:52   #9
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Okay, I hate to do this, but no response on turn 1 of PBEM game is not a good sign as Beta says.

If we don't get a response from SlightlyMadman by tomorrow AM, I'll start a new game with the remaining six. Any objections?
Old December 10, 2003, 23:03   #10
Beta
lifer
Deity

Nope - sounds good. If we want a seventh - just post again for a new player or I have a list of keeners. Hmm - why don't we try BigFree. Great civ player.

Just PM him - I'm sure he will be up for it.
Old December 11, 2003, 04:53   #11
Snotty
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 15:17
Good idea. Bigfree should be thirsty for revenge after I beat him in the first round of the tourney.
Old December 11, 2003, 08:50   #12
McMeadows
Civilization III PBEMIron CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Without being too impatient, I think I can handle another game, so if anyone starts in one soon and a space is available, count me in. I've just organised my notebook to be able to log in both on my home network as well as at work so I should be able to respond fairly quickly. (Unless doom hits me again and messes up the home computer).
Old December 11, 2003, 09:40   #13
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:17
Quote:
Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
Okay, I hate to do this, but no response on turn 1 of PBEM game is not a good sign as Beta says.

If we don't get a response from SlightlyMadman by tomorrow AM, I'll start a new game with the remaining six. Any objections?
Sounds good to me Shogun.
Old December 11, 2003, 10:17   #14
SlightlyMadman
Warlord

Local Time: 09:17
Sorry guys, I had a busy day at work yesterday, so I wasn't looking at this thread. I never saw the save come through my mailbox, though. I even checked my spam catch.

If I can get that save today, I promise I'll pass it on this evening.

Sorry about the delay, guys, I want to get this thing going just as much as everyone else
Old December 11, 2003, 11:35   #15
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Okay...glad you are still with us SlightlyMadman. I'm at work right now, so I will send the save when I get home later this afternoon.
Old December 11, 2003, 11:53   #16
SlightlyMadman
Warlord

Cool. I'm still curious why I didn't get the email. I got two messages that you sent to that address on 12/9 at 17:07 & 18:23. When I send a test email, it comes through fine as well. I have my mail server set up with a catch-all to my account, so if you send mail to anything @slightlymad.net, I should get it (unless it's the name of another account, of which there are only 3).

The last email you sent, though, to both addresses, I only got once. So, just to be safe, maybe you should use the "bsarsgard@slightlymad.net" address from now on (uh-oh, now you all know my real name, I'd better not piss anyone off).

And sorry again about the delay. The last note I had seen regarding the game mentioned that we were still waiting on someone's email address, so I didn't think much of not seeing it start up right away.
Old December 11, 2003, 11:59   #17
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SlightlyMadman
(uh-oh, now you all know my real name, I'd better not piss anyone off).
Well, I'm not really a Shogun....there, the secrets out of the bag

Okay, SM, I'll send to the address you specified. Thanks for closing the loop.
Old December 11, 2003, 18:49   #18
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Okay...just got home and sent the file to SlightlyMadman. Email or PM me if there's a problem.

BTW, I have a JPG from the main screen of each player and the civ they got...anyone interested in seeing that now?
Old December 11, 2003, 18:56   #19
Beta
lifer
Deity

No - I like to open my presents on Christmas morning.
Old December 11, 2003, 20:22   #20
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

I concur with Beta. I've got to have some little surprises in my life!
Old December 11, 2003, 20:38   #21
SlightlyMadman
Warlord

The game is on! I've passed it through.
Old December 11, 2003, 20:59   #22
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by SlightlyMadman
The game is on! I've passed it through.
... To the wrong person.

Not to worry, I've replied to your Email Slightly and info'ed Beta with the save attached - so no harm done. Just remember that you pass the save to Beta not Wittlich.
Old December 11, 2003, 23:16   #23
Beta
lifer
Deity

to Wittlich.

We're off. And I like my civ.
Old December 11, 2003, 23:41   #24
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

4000BC Sent to J2K

Well, my civ is what I used to play, but since they've taken away the 2 traits which made them what they were (ie, expansionistic/Religious for Agricultural/Commercial) ... it should prove interesting to say the least.
Old December 11, 2003, 23:52   #25
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

I've sent j2k an email and PM, because I hadn't heard back from him since he originally posted on the other thread.... I have no idea if he's tracking this game or not....
Old December 11, 2003, 23:55   #26
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Well, since I've sent him the save....hopefully we will find out for sure soon.
Old December 12, 2003, 01:17   #27
j2k
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 06:17
4000 BC passed on to Ikkuh
Old December 12, 2003, 01:19   #28
j2k
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 06:17
This looks like an interesting game indeed... my starting location seems pretty good... but I got a civ I dont think I've *ever* played before.
Old December 12, 2003, 03:44   #29
McMeadows
Emperor

save's been thrown over the ditch towards the pommy..

Great new way of waking up. Loading the game on my notebook, think over my turn in the train to work and send it through at work...
The Germans... hey I'm Dutch! You can't do that to me...
This random way is the only way I'll play with them anyway. Mostly ancient civs for the oponents looks pretty nasty...
Good luck to you all...
Old December 12, 2003, 03:50   #30
McMeadows
Emperor

Looking at the time, j2k, could you try to send the save 20 minutes earlier during the week? Today I got up half an hour later than normally. Good faith, otherwise I would have missed the save at home. Still I could have played the move at work, but I like the "present" for while I'm in the train and it's X-mas time anyway..!