j2k
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 06:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
2350 sent on
Old March 23, 2004, 03:57   #332
McMeadows
Civilization III PBEMIron CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 16:17
sent on to Snotty
Old March 23, 2004, 07:59   #333
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 10:17
Guys: I will be on a business trip for the remainder of the week. If I get the save from Snotty before I leave, I'll play the save. I will be back by the weekend.
Old March 23, 2004, 10:19   #334
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:17
Have a safe trip Shogun!
Old March 24, 2004, 01:00   #335
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

New Game Proposal

Hi folks. Given that this game is one of the fastest moving I am involved in - I was wondering if the same players would like to be involved in another game. A silent pbem - where ther is no out of game contact allowed whatsover.

Here is the thread for a similar game that is currently running. The first post explains a bit more.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=108508

For the new game setup, the seven civs are the seven seafaring civs. And we all start on islands. We will get someone to set it up for us - to make sure we all get island starts. And there will be a random process to determine who gets first choice of civs.

And as to the play order - we don't touch a thing.

You guys up for this? Let me know here - and if yes - I will start a separate thread getting this one going.

(C'mon - please come out and play!!!)

Old March 24, 2004, 02:55   #336
McMeadows
Civilization III PBEMIron CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

I'm in,
no comments, as requested
Old March 24, 2004, 04:07   #337
j2k
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

sounds good to me... count me in.
Old March 24, 2004, 08:45   #338
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Save to SlightlyMadman...

About the new game proposal, it means silent throughout the whole game? No comments at all? There's a hint of dialog in the thread...
Old March 24, 2004, 09:09   #339
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Shogun - there is a restriction on thread comments as well. No smiley's or anything that may indicate the world political situation.

Only: Save to ABC.

Of course - dialogue regarding the logistics of the save - (as in "I didn't get it. Please resend." and the like) are clearly OK.

The idea is that this will play more like a SP game, BUT with much smarter AI's. It will also - hopefully - reduce the early alliances that plague some games. Alliances will still form, but they will take time.

Combined military oiperations will be a real challenge.

It will also restrict the tech trading dialogue.You will know longer be able to ask your neighbour what he is working on so that you may trade techs in 15 turns.
Old March 24, 2004, 09:53   #340
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Beta, aren't we both already in a Silent PBEM? Or has that one gone by the way-side?
Old March 24, 2004, 09:57   #341
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Ah, never mind...just reread your post Beta.

Sure, since the original Silent PBEM isn't moving very fast...count me in!
Old March 25, 2004, 10:29   #342
SlightlyMadman
Warlord

Local Time: 09:17
Silent PBEM sounds interesting, so count me in too. Oh, I couldn't play my turn yesterday because I'm working on the electric in my house, but I should have power to my computer room back tonight.
Old March 25, 2004, 11:47   #343
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

I'm really torn here. It's to the point that I might need to quit my job, divorce my wife and put my two girls into an orphanage just to keep up with all the PBEMs I'm in

If we are all agreed to stay true to the spirit of this gameplay, then I'm in.

-- no naming cities with creative communication
-- no hints in posts
-- no claiming that electricity is out in your house to suggest that you have the science advance "electricity" to trade for the science advance "computers"

Okay, I'm in. But this is my official announcement that this is the last PBEM I'm joining until some of the other ones complete. I'm serious this time....
Old March 25, 2004, 17:02   #344
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

I know how you feel Shogun!
Old March 26, 2004, 09:11   #345
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
I'm really torn here. It's to the point that I might need to quit my job, divorce my wife and put my two girls into an orphanage just to keep up with all the PBEMs I'm in

If we are all agreed to stay true to the spirit of this gameplay, then I'm in.

-- no naming cities with creative communication
-- no hints in posts
-- no claiming that electricity is out in your house to suggest that you have the science advance "electricity" to trade for the science advance "computers"

Okay, I'm in. But this is my official announcement that this is the last PBEM I'm joining until some of the other ones complete. I'm serious this time....
Yah - sure you're serious. And don't discount the orphanage idea quite yet.

And I agree - we commit to "stay true to the spirt of the silent pbem gameplay". It is the only way to go.

So who we missing so far? Last call to get in before I start the new thread and add a seventh player and get this going. We have six so far:

Witt, McM, j2k, SG (w/o family), SM, and Beta.
Old March 26, 2004, 11:54   #346
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

snotty?
Old March 26, 2004, 23:48   #347
Snotty
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 15:17
Hello gents, count me in. Just like gunboat Diplomacy.
Old March 27, 2004, 18:11   #348
Beta
lifer
Deity

Yee haw. That's great snotty. We have seven. I will post a new thread - and - I need to hunt up a game administrator/map maker, to ensure we all get island starts as required.

Also - if Ok with folks, I will have my better half randomly pick names for 1st through 7th choices of civs. I will post the results in the thread as well.
Old March 27, 2004, 18:42   #349
SlightlyMadman
Warlord

Local Time: 09:17
Grrr, still no electricity in my office, and it looks like it's going to be a while, so I stole the extension cord from my electric mower to run power in from downstairs

I think the raccoon that lives in my roof chewed through the wire I must repeat my mantra now: "homeownership is its own reward, homeownership is its own reward, homeownership is its own reward"

Ah well, turn sent!
Old March 27, 2004, 18:47   #350
Beta
lifer
Deity

The Gunboat Diplomacy thread is set up.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=111633

Civ choices need to be made. See the selection order. All further dialogue related to the new game should be in the other thread.

Many thanks for your interest folks!!!!
Old March 27, 2004, 19:02   #351
Beta
lifer
Deity

Madman- good luck with your critter issues!

Save to Wittlich, way out west.
Old March 28, 2004, 03:56   #352
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

2310BC Turn sent to J2K.
Old March 28, 2004, 20:21   #353
j2k
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

2310bc sent
Old March 29, 2004, 01:48   #354
McMeadows
Emperor

2310 BC sent
Old March 29, 2004, 08:47   #355
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

2270 BC to SlightlyMadman... good luck with the house stuff! I repeat the "home owner's mantra" myself!!!
Old March 30, 2004, 20:45   #356
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

2270BC Turn sent to J2K.
Old March 30, 2004, 20:59   #357
j2k
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

2270 sent on
Old March 31, 2004, 03:10   #358
McMeadows
Emperor

2270 BC sent on to Snotty
Old March 31, 2004, 08:41   #359
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

received from Snotty and sent to Mr. HandyMan, rodent fighterMan, electricity restorationMan -- SlightlymadMAN
Old April 1, 2004, 09:52   #360
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

I received a note from SlightlyMadman. He is experiencing forum access issues. He can read the forums, but he can't post to them.

Doesn't sound like that will affect the gameplay, but you will have to look in your email, not the forums, for the RandomRandom PBEM save, Beta.