Old December 12, 2003, 03:57   #31
Snotty
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 15:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Looks like I really got lumbered with the lame duck of the civs. Great idea though.

Dont like the Germans Ikkuh? Don't worry, I will be happy to put you out of your misery The timing is perfect at my end, Ive got about another 1/2 hour window where I can do the turn before I go to work.

SG would you mind cut and pasting the email addys to the top of this thread?
Old December 12, 2003, 04:18   #32
j2k
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 06:17
Quote:
Originally posted by ikkuh
Looking at the time, j2k, could you try to send the save 20 minutes earlier during the week? Today I got up half an hour later than normally. Good faith, otherwise I would have missed the save at home. Still I could have played the move at work, but I like the "present" for while I'm in the train and it's X-mas time anyway..!
Shouldnt be a problem. I got home today a bit later than I usually do. If Wittlich sends me the saves at the same time he did today, then 90% of the time I will be able to get it out on my end about an hour sooner.
Old December 12, 2003, 04:35   #33
McMeadows
Civilization III PBEMIron CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 16:17
seems that it's going to be well tuned in timescheduling. Allthough... next week I start my X-mas holiday (2 weeks of sleeping) on thursday evening and on thursday morning I can sleep in a little because I have to see the dentist.

Just noticed Snotty is playing the final of the MP tournament. That's kinda scary. I read a bit on the after game reports and I fear MP is played more aggressive than I'm used to. At least he showed to be willing to help me out (of my misery)

I wonder if the save goes 'round the world one more time today...
Old December 12, 2003, 08:11   #34
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 10:17
Quote:
Originally posted by j2k
This looks like an interesting game indeed... my starting location seems pretty good... but I got a civ I dont think I've *ever* played before.
And that's the joy of random civs.

See you soon - no doubt.
Old December 12, 2003, 08:12   #35
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by ikkuh

I wonder if the save goes 'round the world one more time today...
Old December 12, 2003, 09:19   #36
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Sent to SlightlyMadman... I did this one before going to work....
Old December 12, 2003, 09:33   #37
SlightlyMadman
Warlord

Local Time: 09:17
Heh, thankfully I'm running late today, so I got this one in. Although, now I'm significantly later, which really makes me wonder why I'm posting this, and not running to my car

I'm pretty impressed with how fast this one's going, although I guess it will slow down a bit once the game gets going.
Old December 12, 2003, 10:09   #38
McMeadows
Civilization III PBEMIron CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Eager newbies like SG and me might have an influence. Furthermore the order of play seems to be ok. We all seem to try and squeeze a turn in before work and if we all make it, after work same routine... Twice around the world in a day if we're 7 times in sync with daily routine...
Off course we'll get out of pace when someone misses an oppurtunity, which no doubt will happen.

By the way, I've changed my name. The former "ikkuh" was ancient use. McMeadows "ikkuh" of the hmmmm germans (no capital, neither a capitol at the moment..)
Old December 12, 2003, 10:32   #39
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Snotty
Looks like I really got lumbered with the lame duck of the civs. Great idea though.
As fate would dictate, Mr. Tournament Multiplayer finalist has been provided a handicap. That should keep us new guys in the game an extra 20 turns.

Quote:
Dont like the Germans Ikkuh?
heh, heh, heh Fate can be cruel. Again random generation provides unexpected results.

Quote:
SG would you mind cut and pasting the email addys to the top of this thread?
done.

Snotty: regarding your multiplayer game tonight, how/when will results be available? Hopefully some kind of game updates will be posted...
Old December 12, 2003, 12:09   #40
McMeadows
Emperor

The adversary against germany is a bit of a general thing among Dutch people. They are THE enemy. Soccer games between Holland and Germany are considered to be something close to war and for a change the players don't need to be motivated.
I might be able to tear down the German Reich from the inside....
Old December 12, 2003, 13:09   #41
Snotty
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

The game is at 7pm EST/Poly time. The games so far have been around 2-3 hours with the players posting right after.

MP is more aggresive.I think the biggest change in my play style was getting used to being attacked with stacks of doom. When things get rolling, 1 spear per city is not enough to cope with a stack turning up on your doorstep. Pbem tends to be a bit more sedate, but war is still completly different than against the AI.

You guys should consider signing up, we only need another 3 players and we can kick off the second tourney.
Old December 12, 2003, 13:47   #42
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

I think I will, but I know I'll be cannon fodder the first few times out....but I'll sign up anyway....gotta learn somehow...
Old December 12, 2003, 16:40   #43
Snotty
King

Thats the spirit SG
Old December 13, 2003, 02:03   #44
Beta
lifer
Deity

To Wittlich.
Old December 13, 2003, 04:00   #45
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:17
3950BC Sent to J2K
Old December 13, 2003, 16:41   #46
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

. bump .

*cough* j2k?
Old December 14, 2003, 03:42   #47
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Resent to J2K (just in case).
Old December 14, 2003, 06:52   #48
McMeadows
Emperor

I'm next in line and am going away for the day now. So I won't be able to reply the next 9-12 hours

enjoy your sunday all....
Old December 14, 2003, 17:17   #49
j2k
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 06:17
sorry bout that...

3950 sent
Old December 14, 2003, 17:40   #50
McMeadows
Emperor

no worries. You catched me 10 sec before going to bed...

onto the UK
Old December 15, 2003, 03:52   #51
Snotty
King

Sent on to SG
Old December 15, 2003, 06:10   #52
McMeadows
Emperor

congrats Snotty with your victory in the tournament. Hopefully I won't meet you anytime soon in our game.
Old December 15, 2003, 08:40   #53
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Sent to SlightlyMadman (I sent it to both of your addresses like you asked)
Old December 15, 2003, 09:59   #54
SlightlyMadman
Warlord

Local Time: 09:17
Dang, I left the house just about 10 minutes too early, today. Ah well, It'll give me something to look forward to when I get home.

And, yeah, the benpbem0 addy is definitely broken, so just send it to bsarsgard. The guy that I share my server with must have screwed with my sendmail config. Grrrrr ...
Old December 15, 2003, 10:17   #55
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

or I woke up ten minutes too late.....
Old December 15, 2003, 13:49   #56
Snotty
King

I see you got your name in the news SG. Its nice to have your name in lights

I wouldn't worry Meadows, if yet another player is near me, I'm dead meat.
Old December 15, 2003, 13:55   #57
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by McMeadows
congrats Snotty with your victory in the tournament. Hopefully I won't meet you anytime soon in our game.
No - but he does have a date with destiny......
Old December 15, 2003, 14:37   #58
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Thanks Snotty...yeah..that's pretty cool. I had no idea that was news worthy considering its just round one.

I found it slightly amusing that the other link in the news was for "tips and hints" for multiplayer authored by me. It was just two weeks ago that Beta responded to a question in another thread from me that asked "How do I play PBEM or MP?" Two weeks later I'm telling other people what to do!
Old December 15, 2003, 14:41   #59
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
...It was just two weeks ago that Beta responded to a question in another thread from me that asked "How do I play PBEM or MP?" Two weeks later I'm telling other people what to do!
Yes, I noticed that too. I got a chuckle out of it. But what the hell, you're a fast learner!
Old December 15, 2003, 18:51   #60
Snotty
King

You write an article as good and relevant as that and it deserves to be linked. Hopefully a lot of people are going to be coming to multiplaying with C3C, and thats the kind of thing they need to read.

Looking forward to our game Beta. I'm looking forward to extending my streak that is I think our situation in the pbem game will be very interesting too.