Old January 13, 2004, 19:38   #271
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 15:20
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Dare I ask what you get if people vote for you?
Old January 13, 2004, 20:00   #272
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 14:20
I need at least 10 different people to vote before the module is put on the "ranking list". Once its there more people will see it, and soon thousands of people all over the world will be killing Tassadar and Panag without knowing why

But first I need at least 10 people to vote, and an average vote in the high 9.2 - 9.8 range would be sweet

Or I could register 10 new log-ins with different e-mails, but that's cheating.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 13, 2004, 20:49   #273
Space05us
King

Local Time: 02:20
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Space - you are REALLY annoying. You're a reason NOT to visit Apolyton Town.
Old January 13, 2004, 21:10   #274
Space05us
King

I voted and downloaded it even though I dont have NWN. I was going to comment but I was speechless.
Old January 14, 2004, 04:25   #275
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Space05us

Consider yourself added to my "white-list" (the opposite of a black-list of course) of decent, upright, honest, healthy, trustworthy, social, godly and overall nice folk.

The rest of you... *shakes fist*

Won't you think of the kittens?

-Jam
Old January 14, 2004, 15:13   #276
Space05us
King

can I be the good boss who gives out orders in your next mod?
Old January 15, 2004, 17:23   #277
Jamski
Deity

I don't see why not. But it will have to be the mod after my next mod, as my next one is "historical fantasy" and the boss is King Louis XIV

Whoot ! 176 downloads in 3 days ! And about 3 people have voted

-Jam
Old January 15, 2004, 23:35   #278
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

There- I rated it

Do most mods at that site usually receive 176 downloads! That's quite amazing!

and you can access the mods you voted for by clicking on VIEW STATS then on your name

or just clickiing on MY RATED MODULES in your user options
Old January 16, 2004, 05:09   #279
Jamski
Deity

I have user options?

Quote:
Do most mods at that site usually receive 176 downloads
No idea. The lowest is none and some really popular ones have 300,000 plus. I'd say 176 is pretty unimpressive, were it not for the fact that I made it.

-Jam
Old January 16, 2004, 08:14   #280
Pave
Call to Power Democracy GameCall to Power PBEMCall To Power SuperLeague
Prince

Local Time: 17:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
GO! DOWNLOAD IT! ITS ONLY 1.68 megs, TAKES ABOUT 3 SECONDS on CABLE, A COUPLE OF MINUTES ON DIAL-UP. EVEN IF YOU CAN'T PLAY IT; DOWNLOAD IT; MAKE A GOOD COMMENT AND VOTE FOR IT WITH 10's IN ALL AREAS
please please please please please

-Jam
Is that legal?

We´ll, downloading it and registering to the NWVault now, thought I don´t even have the game, so better be happy, Jamski.

177 times loaded, pretty impressing for a three day old mod.
Old January 16, 2004, 10:31   #281
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Um. did my ratings show? I can't seem to see them in the View Stats section of the download area...

maybe I did something wrong?

or does it take a day to register?
Old January 16, 2004, 12:40   #282
Jamski
Deity

It takes 36-48 hours for everything to register except comments Silly site, eh? But some great stuff on there. And its free, to host as much as you want, with a fast upload and download. I can cope with the waiting.

Thanks guys for the votes and the downloads, maybe I'll be a surprise entry in the top 40, and then all these total strangers will be killing people from 'poly

-Jam
Old January 17, 2004, 21:51   #283
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

How'd this drop down so quickly? I'll be trying it out tommorow I think, looking forward to it.

Do It Ourselves
Old January 17, 2004, 23:33   #284
DarkCloud
staff

Jamski, are you sure that it would be exciting to people not from apolyton? and that they'd understand the in-jokes?

or did you shy away from too many of those and focus on the game experience?

or put an explanation about Apolyton an a link in one of your versions- (that might be a good idea! )

ask for people to put suggestions on gameplay fixes in this thread and link to it

Apolyton might get some good quality new members that way!
Old January 18, 2004, 10:23   #285
Unspeakable Horror
Spanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 11:20
And they would see that Jamski cheated to get his votes
By the way I voted too Sadly I can´t play since I unistalled NWN and now I don´t have enough space
The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!
Old January 18, 2004, 10:54   #286
Jamski
Deity

Its not cheating.... just "truth adjustment". I consider it a fair price that people included in the Dungeon should vote for it

For people not from Apolyton the whole thing is probably a bit surreal. I'll add a couple of books to the bext version that have descriptions of 'poly.

-Jam
Old January 18, 2004, 18:40   #287
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
For people not from Apolyton the whole thing is probably a bit surreal. I'll add a couple of books to the bext version that have descriptions of 'poly.
Should we provide any historical literature?

About the geography from the shining shores of Mingapoulco to the dismal peaks of Rahcaltraz?

--
Ah yes, I just had another good idea- if you have/had/do include Rahcaltraz, you really need to include Rah's killer ferrets (Dolph and Vito)

(apologies if you already have... i've read thorough this entire thread but have forgotten some things)

as for other 'poly history, the link in my signature can provide some information

And I can probably tell you a million tales about famous spammers-

ProvostB- "Provost Bug" Amazingly spammy... forum legend

ghen- Formerly Fast_Eddie, he changed his name to ghen because it was easier to type... He was banned from apolyton once because in the space of one day he created 8 DL's (ghen's philosophical DL, ghen's 6th DL, ghen's 1st DL, ghen's evil DL, etc.) you can still find them if you look in the members list

And many, many more

Last edited by DarkCloud; January 18, 2004 at 18:48.
Old January 19, 2004, 04:53   #288
Jamski
Deity

Wonderful. Soon I'll have enough stuff to make v1.1. I need to think about a few layout issues too...

-Jam
Old January 19, 2004, 12:17   #289
centrifuge
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 07:20
Jamski, Your module has now been downloaded 297 times, I plan on giving it a go this afternoon
Old January 19, 2004, 18:38   #290
Jamski
Deity

Whoot! That's nearly one download for every hour it took

Centrifuge - take a fighter or a fighter/rogue or a fighter/cleric or it can get rather challenging.

-Jam
Old January 19, 2004, 18:46   #291
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Aw, man. I was killed by a trap only a couple minutes after entering the dungeon.

Markos and dan sure are bastards.

Do It Ourselves
Old January 19, 2004, 18:51   #292
Jamski
Deity

Heh, you won't step on that trap next time round I suppose you mean
Spoiler:
the spear-trap to the right of the cental corridor?

-Jam
Old January 19, 2004, 18:52   #293
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 08:20
Downloaded it.

Now I just need to get SoU. ...which script is SoU-only?
Old January 19, 2004, 19:02   #294
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 00:20
Jamski
I don't own Neverwinter Nights, but I must congratulate you on the amount of effort you've evidently put into this modpack. Your dedication and grasp of Apolyton in-humor is an inspiration to us all.
Old January 19, 2004, 19:19   #295
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Now I just need to get SoU. ...which script is SoU-only?
Actually a load of the textures and monster skins are SOU....

BUT! If you try playing it anyway, then probably you can get through the first few levels without anything going wrong, and then you can tell me what files it says its missing, and I can *wink wink wink*

Quote:
Your dedication and grasp of Apolyton in-humor is an inspiration to us all.
/me takes a bow *
Actually its a pleasure to entertain people.

-Jam
Old January 19, 2004, 22:14   #296
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
Your dedication and grasp of Apolyton in-humor is an inspiration to us all.
Yeah, Jamski- I noticed that the reviewers on that site were giving you some flak for the 'strange humor' and dialogue
Old January 19, 2004, 22:55   #297
Space05us
King

Quote:
The module did not seem to offer any interesting storyline whatsoever. 1 hour into the module I still had no idea why I'm doing what I'm doing. Sometimes my PC referred to things I as a player had no idea about - for instance, I came across numerous references to Tassadar, even though I had no way of knowing who he was until Level 3, where he gave me the key to the door that was bashable, anyway. Numerous OOC (out-of-character) references completely kill any feeling of immersion. Levels are called just that: "Level 001 - Mines, Level 003 - Sewers", etc. On Level 003, I came across an area called "Union of Socialist Zombies", where I had to butcher a legion of "Communist Zombies". I frankly had no idea just how the whole Communist bit fit into the general storyline of the module - insofar as it had one at all. Quests did not make much sense, either - find a badger-protection ring? Locate a moderator to unlock an archive? Find the cookbook stolen from the author's wife by their own golemn which somehow turned dangerous? And what is the author's estate (the Jamski residence) doing inside the module anyway? I don't mind some OOC deviations every now and then, but only if they serve a particular purpose, and this one didn't.
i want to play, and this review only wants to make me play even more.
Old January 20, 2004, 03:59   #298
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Yeah, Jamski- I noticed that the reviewers on that site were giving you some flak for the 'strange humor' and dialogue
Yeah, I replied that I liked thier review. Strange humour and dialog is good I think someone didn't understand the idea of "going off-topic"

-Jam
Old January 20, 2004, 12:49   #299
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Heh, you won't step on that trap next time round I suppose you mean
Heh, actually I did.

Yeah, that's the trap.

Do It Ourselves
Old January 20, 2004, 12:54   #300
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by Space05us
i want to play, and this review only wants to make me play even more.
Someone give the guy a link to this thread

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker