Old February 10, 2004, 14:51   #331
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 16:20
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
"Consciousness Planetary University".
Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
Have you forgotten that it has more than one meaning !
Old February 17, 2004, 01:14   #332
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 07:20
hey I finally got around to playing this. I was expecting it to take a copule hours. But I always play my games thouroughly. It took like 2 hours just to get to level 3

There is one major bug I would like to address. The magical skeleton bones. If you have more than one in your inventory you can keep getting unlimited potions from Asmodean. These can be resold at a very high price. Allowed me to buy boots of speed. You can sell the magical skeleton bones, and then buy them back and continue getting unlimited potions. It doesn't do this when you only have 1 magical skeleton bone in your inventory. I didn't exploit this too much, honest. I just couldn't resist the boots of speed. There wasn't too much else I wanted.

This will take me a bit longer than I expected. So it may take me a few days, or weeks to finish.

Hey you could put me in the game too . I'd like to be a dwarven ranger. That's what I'm playing this game through as. I know a dwarven ranger sounds weird. But that's how I see myself in real life . My interests are hiking (th e ranger part), drinking and womanizing (the dwarven part). So I guess you could find me in the woods (well desert where I live), or the the brothel . Or just working.

also some of the item/furniture descriptions such as candlebras are still in german, and a few other german quirks as well. no biggie.

Rapiers!! . I have the weapon finesse trait, but I can't find any rapiers to use. Currently I'm using short swords.

Last edited by Dis; February 17, 2004 at 04:26.
Old February 17, 2004, 01:56   #333
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
I'd really LOVE it if someone would write up a detailed review or something, with comments on all the areas.

Apparently hundreds of people have DLed it, so someone must have the time

Please

-Jam
I will when I finish it.
Old February 17, 2004, 02:01   #334
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

as I said above you could put me in a future version as a Dwarven Ranger (weilding a bow). Maybe one who runs a brothel in the middle of the desert and who keeps a collection of various weapons and insists on his right to keep these weapons, yet at the same time thinks most people should not own weapons . My animal companion would be war dog of course. My actual dog's name is Lizzie- but I'm not sure if that's a good war dog name . I would also like mountains in the desert- but that's asking a lot with the NWN tilesets.

Last edited by Dis; February 17, 2004 at 04:25.
Old February 17, 2004, 04:22   #335
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

I wanted to post some screen shots of ole Diss in action. Don't ask me why I'm bald, I'm not bald in real life. I have blondish/ lt. brown hair.

the first one shows me using a bow at short range, which I normally wouldn't do, but I did here to show the zombies in the same screenie as my bow in action. Not a very good screenie. My body looks clipped off . Crummy NWN graphics
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	dissthegreat2.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	478.2 KB
ID:	64517  

Last edited by Dis; February 17, 2004 at 04:27.
Old February 17, 2004, 04:23   #336
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

one more
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	dissthegreat.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	454.9 KB
ID:	64518  
Old February 17, 2004, 05:58   #337
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 14:20
You should turn up the brightness a bit, really its not a dark level

Diss - there are a few tasty magical rapiers about half-way down the dungeon. Rapiers ARE unusual weapons though, so never count on getting ANY.

I know about the Asmo bug, but I can't be bothered to make a new version just to fix that one thing. Think of it as an exploit - you can do the same in BG2 to get infinite Fire Arrows

Oh yeah, expect to take a few hours if you want to read the item descriptions on every candlabra

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 17, 2004, 16:51   #338
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 16:20
Quote:
You should turn up the brightness a bit, really its not a dark level

Diss - there are a few tasty magical rapiers about half-way down the dungeon. Rapiers ARE unusual weapons though, so never count on getting ANY.

I know about the Asmo bug, but I can't be bothered to make a new version just to fix that one thing. Think of it as an exploit - you can do the same in BG2 to get infinite Fire Arrows

Oh yeah, expect to take a few hours if you want to read the item descriptions on every candlabra

-Jam

This is the worst bug in your mode!
Old February 17, 2004, 17:11   #339
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Really But that's great

-Jam
Old March 20, 2004, 21:00   #340
Tuberski

Local Time: 09:20
There is a HUGE bug where Skanky is concerned.

Keep asking for the key and he will give you 1500 xp every time.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old March 20, 2004, 21:31   #341
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 01:20
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I'm just a generous sort of person, is all.
Old March 20, 2004, 21:38   #342
Theben
Deity

Local Time: 10:20
Include me, damnit!!!

At least be a townsperson whose name changes every time it's highlighted.

Other old time posters:
Werefox (damages you by dancing on your head)
Orcus (is bald and attacks by light shining off head)

Is PROT or the UHA (united hippies of Apolyton) in there? How about the nearby 'evil' town of CG?

And don't forget rah's Wand of Ferret Summoning!
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old March 21, 2004, 07:51   #343
Jamski
Deity

Ok, when HotU arrives next week, then version 2.0 will come out.

Fixes :

Infinite potions exploit from Asmodean
Faction problems when killing Vlad/Mrs Jamski
Infinite exp exploit from Skanky
Include Theben
Add intro cut-scene (HotU only, sorry - It makes scripting this much easier because DelayAction(); is fixed)
Make Tassadar's door into a plot item (indestrutable)
Anything else?

Those currently playing, could you TRY to break the game. Do mad stuff, kill important characters, talk to people out of sequence etc. Try and break down doors, pick NPC's pockets for quest items like heads and bones... you get the idea.

Thankyou for the continuing interest in this project, it been a real learning experience

-Jam
Old March 21, 2004, 11:05   #344
Theben
Deity

Possible description would be a retired fighter who's missing his right arm (I'm left-handed). ~8th level. The original lost his arm in AD&D to a Golem-type creature, but here it would be more appropriate if it was lost due to the dreaded Giant Two-Headed Fire-Breathing Ferret!

And if ferrets are included, don't forget Vito and Dolph as leaders!!
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old March 21, 2004, 16:41   #345
Jamski
Deity

Sorry, but the closest I have to a ferret model is a rat. I don't think rah would be too impressed

A one-armed fighter (with a two-handed sword ) is no problem though.

-Jam
Old March 21, 2004, 17:05   #346
Theben
Deity

Actually his main weapon was a hand and a half sword, +3.
Old March 22, 2004, 07:42   #347
Jamski
Deity

Yeah, but the animation for a two-handed sword used in one hand is cool

-Jam
Old March 22, 2004, 10:48   #348
Tuberski

It seems that either a) rescuing Dan and Markos, or b) killing Coracle turns everyone hostile.

I can't finish the game.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old March 22, 2004, 10:49   #349
Jamski
Deity

Did you kill Rah and Ming?

-Jam
Old March 22, 2004, 10:50   #350
Tuberski

Yes.

ACK!
Old March 22, 2004, 11:13   #351
Jamski
Deity

Then Bob just says, "Well done, that's the end of the module" and hits you with 9999 points of divine fire energy damage (cannot be resisted or reduced) and fades your screen to black.

Or he punches you to death over a period of half an hour.

Anyway, that's the end, and you should feel proud.

-Jam
Old March 22, 2004, 12:02   #352
centrifuge
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Quote:
Sorry, but the closest I have to a ferret model is a rat. I don't think rah would be too impressed

A one-armed fighter (with a two-handed sword ) is no problem though.

-Jam
In HotU there is a one armed half-orc guard ...don't know what kind of weapon he has though.
Old March 22, 2004, 12:06   #353
centrifuge
Prince

Quote:

Those currently playing, could you TRY to break the game. Do mad stuff, kill important characters, talk to people out of sequence etc. Try and break down doors, pick NPC's pockets for quest items like heads and bones... you get the idea.

-Jam

I'll see what kind of damage I can do ...Lookout, My character is about to go on a rampage in Apolyton town
Old March 22, 2004, 12:06   #354
Tuberski

Quote:
Then Bob just says, "Well done, that's the end of the module" and hits you with 9999 points of divine fire energy damage (cannot be resisted or reduced) and fades your screen to black.

Or he punches you to death over a period of half an hour.

Anyway, that's the end, and you should feel proud.

-Jam
The punching to death would take forever. My AC is 35.

ACK!
Old March 22, 2004, 12:11   #355
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
...Lookout, My character is about to go on a rampage in Apolyton town
Se how many "infinte DrSpike clones" you can get the machine to make, and then attack with ranged weapons for masses of free EXP. There's a new bug

Quote:
The punching to death would take forever. My AC is 35.
Go and make a coffee then

-Jam
Old March 22, 2004, 12:17   #356
Qilue
King

Local Time: 00:20
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I bought NWN and the X-pacs today.

Could you add me as a half-elf barmaid at Skanky's bar and grill?
Old March 22, 2004, 15:09   #357
centrifuge
Prince

Okay, I just finished a short killing spree through apolyton town, an Skanky's bar, I attacked everyone that I saw , which means R.I.P. to
Spoiler:
Mattyboy, centrifuge, prince, king etc, Micha, Buster, Voltaire, Hercules, Pave, Cap'n Flubber, Maniac, Buster, Voltaire, Dashi, Frozzy, Kassiopia, Korn469, Father Beast, Spiffor, LOTM , and Vel <---he was tough I had to respawn a couple of times, I couldn't bring myself to attack POTM (my character is evil but not that evil ) so she's still alive.

So will doing away with any of those characters effect the plot?

A couple of things that I noticed was that after respawning, nobody was mad at me anymore and just behaved like I hadn't gone on a psychopathic rampage.

I respawned and attacked again, and then just ran around trying to terrorize the town abit more, when I realized that I could do no more damage in poly town or skanky's bar, I went down to Dr Spikes layer and cleared it out, surprising to me was that after clearing the level and heading back up to Skanky's bar, I ran into Skanky HongHu, Sheep, and one other guy(can't remember who) down in one of the 1st rooms of Spikes layer and they all of a sudden liked me again!!! I hadn't respawned so something about Spike's layer flipped a trigger.

BTW IMHO
Spoiler:
Spike was too easy to defeat, He seemed to be about the same difficulty as the rest of the elite orcs

Oh and
Spoiler:
The 2nd conversation with Drogue was great
Old March 22, 2004, 15:49   #358
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 15:20
Quote:

Se how many "infinte DrSpike clones" you can get the machine to make, and then attack with ranged weapons for masses of free EXP. There's a new bug

-Jam
So anyway, did DrSpike the Orc end up kicking ass?
Old March 22, 2004, 16:44   #359
ColdWizard
Civilization II MultiplayerGameLeagueNationStates
Emperor

1 DrSpike Orc clone > 6 tassadar clones
CW: Sometimes you're even bigger weirdo than kass... - Jeki, Wiser Finn.
Old March 22, 2004, 17:00   #360
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
1 DrSpike Orc clone > 6 tassadar clones
Its the best mini-game. There's a hydralically locked room in Apolyton Town, which contains a cage and two levers. One lever creates DrSpike clones. The other creates Tassadar clones (both in the cage) which then fight to the death. I wet my pants testing it.

And its more 1 DrSpike clone > 100 Tassadar clones

Quote:
A couple of things that I noticed was that after respawning, nobody was mad at me anymore and just behaved like I hadn't gone on a psychopathic rampage.
Yeah, there should be an onRespawn code that resets all the factions to the start levels. It doesn't always fire (grrr).

Why did you leave Panag alive

You CAN kill all of these guys and still complete the game, so don't worry. Unless you die and respawn, Bob will be hostile though.

-Jam