Old December 16, 2003, 23:53   #121
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 14:20
Local Date: November 2, 2010
as for other poly characters- we really need a CivNation sprouting fundamentalist doggerl... and of course his good buddy and 'little brother' (IE his DL) DefensorFidei leading the God Squad against the forum atheists... technophile, Provost Harrison, et. al.
Old December 17, 2003, 00:08   #122
Space05us
King

Local Time: 02:20
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Problems today : balance issues galore ! Mattyboy is selling really good stuff too cheap, AH and his DLs are REALLY REALLY FRICKING TOUGH! Improved Tass is completely lethal. DrSpike is too weak. DrSpike's orcs are too tough. Trip, Drogue and Aaglo are naked. MtG is invisible. Area 24 is too nice. Area 24 is also too hard to find. The drunkards in Skanky's Bar & Grill are too annoying. Urban Ranger's beer is too cheap. His longbow is too good. etc.
have I been added yet? I guess even if I were you wouldnt mention that I was too annoying as that is the point isnt it?
Old December 17, 2003, 00:51   #123
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 15:20
Jam
Quote:
Herc, do you want to be the on-duty officer at Drogue's Recreation Commons and Cocktail bar
Great position - to accept bribes, to be a the end of greasy palms.

Want in Sir, no problem Sir, seat by the window? , no problem Sir. Ah Thank you sir you are too kind.
and if there's anything you want, know what I mean Sir, just give me the nod.

Or is it. 'No thank you Mr Drogue sir, I am on duty until midnight, but thank you for the offfer'

Is that a Mr Urban Ranger over there spamming with Dr Spike?

Good crowd of Commie Zombies in tonight if I might be so bold to comment.

Better Dead and Red I say
Old December 17, 2003, 00:52   #124
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 09:20
lol add me too if you want
Old December 17, 2003, 05:41   #125
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

You guys have no idea of the fun I am having as I use you as my twisted puppets.

I wanted to leave religion out of the game, but if I can work it in without offending the god-lovers or the god-bashers then I'll give it a go. These two parties are so easily upset, you know.

WARNING ! THIS MODULE CONTAINS SCENES OF VIOLENCE, NUDITY, PROSTITUTION, ORGANISED CRIME, PREMEDITATED MURDER, THEFT, CONSUMPTION OF HARD DRINKS, RACIST, SEXIST AND IRRELIGEOUS LANGUAGE, FOUNTAINS OF BLOOD AND INFANTILE HUMOUR.

(That's the best advert for most of us )

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old December 17, 2003, 06:56   #126
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 22:20
Sounds great!
Old December 17, 2003, 07:34   #127
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 15:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
WARNING ! THIS MODULE CONTAINS SCENES OF VIOLENCE, NUDITY, PROSTITUTION, ORGANISED CRIME, PREMEDITATED MURDER, THEFT, CONSUMPTION OF HARD DRINKS, RACIST, SEXIST AND IRRELIGEOUS LANGUAGE, FOUNTAINS OF BLOOD AND INFANTILE HUMOUR.
-Jam
Wow I might even get the game.
Old December 17, 2003, 08:08   #128
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

It IS great

Urban Ranger. I hope you don't mind being constantly drunk... and letting people walk off with your cool gear.

-Jam
Old December 17, 2003, 09:59   #129
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
Urban Ranger. I hope you don't mind being constantly drunk... and letting people walk off with your cool gear.
Could you make a character who wouldn't be drunk regardless how much he drank?
Old December 17, 2003, 09:59   #130
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
Emperor Armour looks REALLY FRICKING cool btw All purple and gold with spiked shoulderpads and big boots.
What about Deity Armour?
Old December 17, 2003, 13:14   #131
Jamski
Deity

Ah... Deity Armour... this is one of those things like Area 24. No spoilers on the really cool stuff, sorry. Just assume its good, and expensive and you can't buy it in a shop, not even in Mattyboy's Specials. That's all I'll say about it.

Grumpy MtG and the "happy sailors" (Boris, Mr Fun etc) added today, also WICKED commie zombie AI (if I say so myself) Its good that you get some help against them... AH's DLs turned down a bit. Funky lighting effects added everywhere. Lots of bugs and typos caught. Civillians no longer go angry if you kill a box or a table unless its flagged as their property (best not to smash the place up still). Vlad fixed. Spam Badger Maze more devious.

Who are the BIGGEST APOLYTON TROLLS? I need them as the Troll Bosses.

-Jam
Old December 17, 2003, 13:41   #132
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 16:20
GrandPa Troll
Old December 17, 2003, 13:52   #133
Jamski
Deity

There's one, indeed

-Jam
Old December 17, 2003, 15:04   #134
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Don't forget Park Avenue / Boddingtons.

Do It Ourselves
Old December 17, 2003, 15:44   #135
Jamski
Deity

Indeed Oh we will have fun with the Troll Holes

Quote:
make it hard

too many mmodules are (were) too easy

Jon Miller
Oh it will be... in places. But for every hard area, there's a trick to make it easier. Don't want everyone to die before they can see all my hard work, eh?

-Jam
Old December 17, 2003, 16:22   #136
dacole
ACDG The Human HiveBtS Tri-League
Prince

So have I been included if not and you decide to do religion work me in as some sort of moderate working for peace between the flameing atheists and flameing fundamentalists (and as always hated by both parties)
Old December 17, 2003, 16:33   #137
MattH
King

Man, I can't wait to start!
Just don't make the puzzles too obvious. NWN main and Shadows tended to walk you straight to your destination and say "kill this".
Old December 17, 2003, 18:37   #138
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
So have I been included
Not yet... but don't fear, I have more characters than I have people I want to put in. Just writing dialogues is the thing that takes the longest... especially as I like to fill them with INT, WIS and CHA checks which means every line of dialog has 3 lines of script...

Quote:
Man, I can't wait to start!
Just don't make the puzzles too obvious. NWN main and Shadows tended to walk you straight to your destination and say "kill this".
MattH, as you're my "official beta tester" I can send you nightly builds if you like (or every few days as I compile the script-mess) Just give me an e-mail address that can take a file of about 1 meg.

As for puzzles, most of these come from just finding who to talk to, and the best way to avoid the baddies. Apart from the Spam Badger Maze, which is EVIL.

Yeah, give me an e-mail address, and I'll send you an "unlocked" beta build of the first 15 levels (unlocked == you can use my DM portals to skip around the locations faster.)

-Jam
Old December 17, 2003, 19:13   #139
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
There's a NWN Ankh-Morpork!?!
Yes :

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules...12378660.shtml

Don't know if its any good though.

-Jam
Old December 17, 2003, 19:39   #140
MattH
King

Downloaded the Ankh- and pm sent.
Old December 17, 2003, 20:17   #141
MattH
King

OT: Well, I played the Ankh-Morpork Mod for about 5 minutes, and that's all I can take. I still belive that Morrowind is the only game that can do the city justice. Maybe I'll try to lay something out over the break.
Old December 17, 2003, 20:26   #142
Jamski
Deity

Apolyton_beta_2_0.mod zipped and sent. Have fun, and check the readme.

##HINT : Use Asmodean's shop early on. He buys at a good rate, and has some useful stuff for starting characters. Don't use his portals unless you have too, they will be locked in non-beta builds.##

-Jam
Old December 18, 2003, 04:23   #143
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
Who are the BIGGEST APOLYTON TROLLS? I need them as the Troll Bosses.
The usual suspects: AH, Tass, CivNation, Wiggie, Asher, and Agathon. JohnT is making a name for himself recently, too.
Old December 18, 2003, 04:29   #144
Jamski
Deity

AH & Tass in already.
Asher needed to kill mac users
The others can all happily go in the troll hole

-Jam
Old December 18, 2003, 04:47   #145
Space05us
King

give us more screenshots (and one of me if Ive been included yet)

pretty pleeeeeeeeese
Old December 18, 2003, 06:01   #146
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 08:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger

The usual suspects: AH, Tass, CivNation, Wiggie, Asher, and Agathon. JohnT is making a name for himself recently, too.
you forgot Urban Ranger

Jon Miler
Old December 18, 2003, 06:02   #147
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 08:20
yah

I would like to see myself also

Jon Miller
Old December 18, 2003, 06:04   #148
Space05us
King

jamski ignores us

Old December 18, 2003, 06:49   #149
Jamski
Deity

Patience, grasshoppers

I'm at work today, but I can post screenies this evening. You're both added, don't worry.

-Jam
Old December 18, 2003, 12:27   #150
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Miller
you forgot Urban Ranger

Jon Miler