Old December 10, 2003, 20:45   #1
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 11:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
February 1948: Tally Ho!
First and foremost, I want to congratulate our Prime Minister on his brilliant defence of the capital against evil Moslem assaults. His valuable expirience in combat will be most useful to us.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	feb48.gif
Views:	77
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	59297  
Old December 10, 2003, 20:46   #2
Dr. Nick
Deity

Zion worker sent to Haderah and put under General Sadeh's command

Hagana destroyed artillery near West Jerusalem and moved to the city, handed over to the South East front.

Artillery and Zion worker sent to Ashdod, I would like our Sinai commander to go on the offensive with these units, particularly against the Egyptians.

PAY ATTENTION HERE:

I would like the machine gun in Gevaram purchased, to free up a kibbutznick to serve as road builders et cetera.

PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THE ARTILLERY THREATENING Akko!!! The Hagana in Haifa should help take care of that.

COS part I (El Awrence) - DONE
Northern Front: (yaroslav) - Pending
Home Front: (Azazel) - Pending
South East (POTUS) - Pending
Sinai Front: (FiGu) - Pending
Immigration (Stalin II) - Pending
Defense (EmuGod) - Pending
Econ - (Arthedain) - Pending
COS part II (El Awerence) - Pending
Attached Files:
File Type: sav cos1_feb48.sav (205.0 KB, 4 views)
Old December 11, 2003, 07:26   #3
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 15:21
Northern Front: (yaroslav) - DONE
Home Front: (Azazel) - Pending

Report in the adequate thread. Brief Report: Tiberias captured, akko Saved, time for desitions to be made.
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 48febnorth.sav (205.0 KB, 6 views)
Old December 11, 2003, 09:45   #4
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 10:21
OK West Jerusalem and EinGev are my fault for not looking close enough, (That is what happens when you dont play the turn every turn)

BUT the good news is we could change those walls to an Arty unit in West Jerusalem and rush this turn.

Up to you COS.

Im not waitintg for EMU, when defense minister is up Im just going to play, he didn't even post here over the weekend.

We may want to consider another mod as well. We really need someone who is going to check the forum at least a couple times a week.
Old December 11, 2003, 14:46   #5
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 14:21
It's econ decision to buy, El Presidente.

I talked to Emu on AIM, he talked about exams. I'm surprised though that if he had time to talk to me he still didn't post here.
Old December 11, 2003, 17:05   #6
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen
It's econ decision to buy, El Presidente.
I agree and he did buy last turn.

BUT the Econ Minister should be prioritizing rush buys based on the needs of the COS, balanced by what we have in the bank.

If the COS doesn't think its a priority then Econ doesn't have to buy it.
Old December 11, 2003, 19:18   #7
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 17:21
WTF?! Why wasn't the Irgun purchaced in Beit Shean, like I asked?
Old December 11, 2003, 19:26   #8
Az
Emperor

Home Front: (Azazel) - DONE

The **** may hit the fan around Beit Shean, since SOMEONE didn't rush an Irgun there, that would've been appreciated.

A more detailed report in a thread tomorrow.
Attached Files:
File Type: sav fab48cntr.sav (205.0 KB, 3 views)
Old December 11, 2003, 22:30   #9
Dr. Nick
Deity

DAMNIT IT WAS MY ONLY REQUEST!
Old December 12, 2003, 08:39   #10
Arthedain
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

Local Time: 16:21
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25 BUT the Econ Minister should be prioritizing rush buys based on the needs of the COS, balanced by what we have in the bank.

If the COS doesn't think its a priority then Econ doesn't have to buy it.
Correct.

And about the Irgun-unit, the defencive minister didn't change the production in the city, therefor I didn't rushbuy it since I'm NOT the one to change production afaik.
Old December 12, 2003, 10:54   #11
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
WTF?! Why wasn't the Irgun purchaced in Beit Shean, like I asked?
You said NEAR Beit Shean not in, so I looked for the nearest city that could be rush bought in, changed the production and made the recommendation that we do that.

My quote from the January Thread:

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Degania (near Beit Shear)_ Changed to Irgun, buy this one at all costs 148 gold.
Your quote from the Defense Minister Thread:

[qoute]
For January, this is all I ask:

quote:
Important The amassing of both palesinian and Egyptian (?!!) Artillery units near Beit Shean, in the Valley sector. I urge the civilian authorities to hasten the completion of training and production of a fast, flexible, Irgun unit in the area. [/quote]

Bold is by me.

El

I want us to work togtehr, thats why Arthedain and I need you to provide a clear concise prioritiozed list for each turn, even if its only 2 or 3 "MUST HAVE" purchases.

I took "in the area" to mean any of the nearby cities and I looked an chose the nearest one with shields available so we could do an incremental rush buy.

Im not complaining here so please dont take it that way. Im just trying to reiterate the fact that we need to worik together to kick some Arab a$$!

My only goal is to give you the stuff you need to do that, you are my man in the trenches fighting the war, what you want, only tempered by our budget, is my command.

Keep up the good work, if you really need the Irgun in Beit Shear we can see what we can do about that this turn.

Last edited by conmcb25; December 12, 2003 at 11:04.
Old December 12, 2003, 11:28   #12
Az
Emperor

jeez, Why don't you look at the context?! How would an Irgun unit help me against two artillery units if I can get there? Some common sense, please, President. I guess I should stop using language that adds to the atmosphere of the game, and just post cold requests. that would be fun.

Nevermind. I am sure everything's going to be alright.
Old December 12, 2003, 11:42   #13
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
jeez, Why don't you look at the context?! How would an Irgun unit help me against two artillery units if I can get there? Some common sense, please, President. I guess I should stop using language that adds to the atmosphere of the game, and just post cold requests. that would be fun.

Nevermind. I am sure everything's going to be alright.
You guys are taking this the wrong way, I dont fight the war every turn, you do, all Im asking is for clear concise communication.

Try this.

Quote:
This is Azazel, over!

"If you dam bureaucrats dont get me an Irgun in Ben Sheit right NOWIm going to have Heathen Arabs hordes all over the women and children in th kibbitz there!"

Azazel, out! *Sounds of gunfire and Artillery can be heard very close in the background*
So what do you think? Colorfull, clear, concise and to the point.

And again, please dont take this wrong, Im just trying to improve our (not one single persons) communications here so we can kick some Arabs a$$!
Old December 12, 2003, 16:44   #14
Az
Emperor

But that would not've been realistic. We've only spotted those artillery units, and they're far from being in range of our closest town. I'd even go as far as to say that it will take them AN ENTIRE MONTH to get in range.
Old December 12, 2003, 19:11   #15
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

We obviously aren't communicating well.

Let me put it this way. If I have to understand every part of every front and be able to put context into everything you say then I guess I should just play the fronts for all of you and that would defeat the purpose of the game now wouldn't it?

I need clear concise prioritized lists.

COS, make it so!

Thanks!
Old December 12, 2003, 20:21   #16
PinkyGen
Prince

"Build glorious Irgun units in Beit Shein noble leader, so that we smash our enemies!" Oh wait, something like that was done.

Be as colorful as you want, just list the city in the Defense Minister Thread of what you want. And Defense Minister needs to remember to post in Econ thread what Defense wants rushbought. We have these threads for a reason, so not everything is done off the table like it is now.
Old December 13, 2003, 08:35   #17
Az
Emperor

I did. I said "In the region of Beit Shean". when I refer to that area in general, I call it "the valley".
Old December 13, 2003, 09:45   #18
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
I did. I said "In the region of Beit Shean". when I refer to that area in general, I call it "the valley".

No you didn't the above statement is Vague

I was trying to be nice yesterday to obviously no effect so I will be more direct today.

Clear, concise, accurate, prioritized needs.

Simple as that.

I am not going to study the entie turn and try to figure out what you meant by the "context" of the statement.

Again if I wanted or should do that I could play the turn myself.

Lets end the debate, if you want stuff in a timely manner be clear, concise, prioritized, and accurate.

If not we will continue to have turns like last turn. Simple as that.

Make it so!
Old December 13, 2003, 16:46   #19
Az
Emperor

Quote:
I was trying to be nice yesterday to obviously no effect so I will be more direct today.
Old December 14, 2003, 00:33   #20
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 06:21
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
Arab Legion crushed on the hills of Jerusalem from a massive bomardment. Kibbutzniks dispatched to fight against artillery near Sedom, and to build a Jerusalem-Tel Aviv railroad.

South East (POTUS) - DONE
Attached Files:
File Type: sav feb1948judeanfront.sav (205.0 KB, 15 views)
Old December 14, 2003, 12:52   #21
Arthedain
staff

Quote:
Be as colorful as you want, just list the city in the Defense Minister Thread of what you want. And Defense Minister needs to remember to post in Econ thread what Defense wants rushbought. We have these threads for a reason, so not everything is done off the table like it is now.
Agree. We got to make this work better
Old December 16, 2003, 12:59   #22
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

turn..
Attached Files:
File Type: sav feb1948sinai.sav (205.0 KB, 3 views)

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old December 16, 2003, 22:09   #23
PinkyGen
Prince

Post the whole list!!!!

Sinai Front: (FiGu) - DONE

Awaiting Minister posts. Since Emu still hasn't posted, Conmcb25 is authorized to play the post for this turn.

I think it's only two turns before elections, but if Centre wishes, they can appoint someone else to the Defense Minister post.
Old December 21, 2003, 15:40   #24
Nilat
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
King

Waiting for the release of the immigrants..
Attached Files:
File Type: sav immigration_1948feb.sav (205.0 KB, 3 views)
Old December 21, 2003, 15:51   #25
Nilat
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
King

Immigration (Stalin II) - DONE
Old December 23, 2003, 00:06   #26
PinkyGen
Prince

Bump Con, it appears you are acting Defense Minister until new elections.
Old December 23, 2003, 09:36   #27
Arthedain
staff

Don't forget to send me your xmaslists of units you want to be rushbuyed..
Old December 23, 2003, 10:00   #28
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Bump Con, it appears you are acting Defense Minister until new elections.
Yep, but I would like to get some idea from the COS of what he wants , and where. What the prioroities are.

Been kind of busy with kids and Christmas as well but Id like to get this played today or tomorrow.
Old December 23, 2003, 11:23   #29
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Suggested Rushbuys:
Beit Shean - Irgun
West Jerusalem - Machine Gun
Ein Gev- City Defences

I'll post a full list of what each city is building on my thread.

Chief Of Staff part I (El Awrence) - DONE
Immigration (Stalin II) - DONE
Defense (EmuGod) - DONE
Chief Of Staff part II (El Awerence) - Pending
Attached Files:
File Type: sav defence_1948feb.sav (205.0 KB, 5 views)
Old December 23, 2003, 11:59   #30
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Well

I guess Im NOT playing this one