Old March 28, 2000, 17:12   #31
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 02:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
To: CTA

We have noticed that a carrier group is heading westward, may we inquire as to why?

To: Russia

We would like nothing more than to increase or relations and better them with a defensive allliance.

Sparrow Test Successful!

After much time and many failed test, the Sparrow has been deemed well enough to serve the Imperial Army. The Sparrow is a one-man helicopter, very small and agile. Armament for the Sparrow is small, but it was designed as a low ground attack weapon. It can fly well under traditional radar as it is a helicopter. Armor on the Sparrow is also fairly low and has been sacrificed for the sake of speed and agility.
Old March 28, 2000, 17:17   #32
Napoleon Bonaparte
Prince

Local Time: 06:17
OOC: HsFB; I dont need a reason to invade. And I dont think you understand that I have Buenos Aires surrounded and will bombard.

IC:

Around Buenos Aires

-Sir, they have not replied. Civilian life seems to continue as normal, I dont think the leaders know they are doomed.

-Yes. So we have noticed. Let's resend the message. Argentina, we have your CAPITAL surrounded. Surrender now!

-Another thing sir, the people are more...ahhh...excitable then we thought. We have had several armed coups...armed with chicken rifles. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

-Oh my God. That is funny.

In Brasilia

-Napoleon, the campaign is doing well. We have most of Argentina under our control with little significant resistance. Their capital has not been bombarded as per your decree.

-Very good, very good. I knew the Argentinians were no match for us. In the years to come we will be a force to reckon with, us and Peru. I actually have to get on the phone with them to divide SA so we can prosper with our brothers. (Bearcat, e-mail me with your claims) I have been in contact with the Catholic groups in Buenos Aires and they have said that if we enact a true blockade then the people will believe it is God's wrath!! Is that not funny?

-Sir, I am Catholic.

-Ahem. Well then, my apologies. Not everyone can tell that their is truly no God. Tell the navy to blockade the coast. I want constant air patrols over Buenos Aires. I also want any forces that can be spared to be sent to help the Peruvians in any way we can.

-Yes sir.

------------------
Almighty ruler and Resident God!!
Old March 28, 2000, 17:18   #33
N35t0r
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversDiplomacyScenario League / Civ2-CreationPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPSPB Team EspañolC4WDG Spamyard TeamBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 03:17
OOC:
Anyone knows a good page on modern military forces?
Old March 28, 2000, 17:25   #34
Lord Sigma

June 12th 2001( whats the time ratio? how many real days to story days?)

UK Begins scaling back assualts on Ireland as there are few military or industrial targets left to hit.

Northern Ireland refugees loaded up on C-5 Galaxy's and sent to various locations in the CW. Only the refugees with family ties in England were allowed to leave the camps so the vast majority of them are en route to North America.

Prime Minister Draconis denounces Imperialism and Colonialism in Africa. He stated that the forced occupation of sovereign nations by a foreign power is deplorable and urged that developed nations not swoop down and plunder Africa's vast wealth as was done by earlier European regimes.

In London, peace and quiet are beginning to reappear as CW anti-terrorist forces crush terrorist cells with an intensity not equaled by comparable British forces. Few gunmen dare to venture out with SAS and CW Shock troops patroling as these troops shoot first and never get around to asking questions.

Additional space launch facilities to be built in Nigeria which is an ally and protectorate of Britain but holds significant military strenght of its own.

To CW and CTA,

We would like to acquire the plans to build Patriot missiles. Name your price.

To Germany and Canada,

Should we fail to garner the right to construct Patriot missiles then we would like to import several examples of the aforementioned system for study in the construction of our own missile type.

To India,

We seek increased trade with you. Your size makes you an invaluable market and you would benifit greatly in tech. Also we are accepting offers for HMS Invincible if you want another carrier...

Old March 28, 2000, 17:27   #35
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

OOC: HsFB, Napoleon is right. He doesn't need a reason to invade. Though not giving a reason does open him up a possible reprecutions from international organizations such as the UN. If he's a democracy, there could be some unrest in his nation with an unjustified attack, otherwise, it is his nation.
Old March 28, 2000, 17:31   #36
N35t0r
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversDiplomacyScenario League / Civ2-CreationPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPSPB Team EspañolC4WDG Spamyard TeamBtS Tri-League
Emperor

TO BRAZIL
were you here for the last week?(real time)
it is moderatorly brohibited to attach us on weekends, so your forces are still on your borders. due to your insistent hostility, we have begun producing anti-tank missiles and fit them on the Pucarás.
It is ridiculous to try and lay pontoons on the rivers i have already mentioned and if anyone steps on any of the bridges they will blow.
so, the only place left is the dry frontier, which is jungle and full of argentine troops, including elite and crack veterans from the Falkland war and Peacekeeping missions.
our newly modified Pucará is ready to blow your tanks to pieces, as we have a lot of AT missiles in storage and production. They will dive-bomb with spport from other fighters on any tank or howitzer which attacks us.
You will encounter harsh revolutions fom Paraguay and Uruguay if you set a foot on the República Argentina.

We are a peacefull nation, but we will not tolerate an invation force
Old March 28, 2000, 17:31   #37
Hodad

Our patience is exhausted.
Prepare to die.
750,000 arrive in big cities for conscription.
Mobilisation orders have been issued and 100,000men can be in the frontier by tomorrow (29/03/2000)
The andean passes are currently being dynamited for destruction so as to avoid Peruvian tanks from entering Chile. Their destruction shall occur 1 hour (real time) from now.
Chilean recon aircraft have returned and don't reckon that the Peruvian tanks wont be arriving till two days from now.
New Battleship launched.
90 T-Boats are being fitted to carry depth charges as well as torpedoes so as to hostigate the German submarines. They will be ready tomorrow (OOC as in 29/03/2000)
Mountain Howitzers and artillery pieces are being placed along the Chileo-Argentine border.
A tank column heading for Chile has been raided and 30 tanks were destroyed with TOW missiles.
The Andes are also being AP Mined.
The new Vadivian Brigade will end training tomorrow (29/03/2000)
New Heavy Tank Battalions are being deployed all along the Chileo-Argentine Border until the Rio Negro.
4 Destroyers and a cruiser and a battleship and 4 submarines are moving into Peruvian seas and are aimed at their ports and warships in harbour.
A raid on a air raid on a Peruvian harbour took out 2 destroyers and a light cruiser.
4 Chilean fighters have been damaged and 1 was shot down.

To PERU:
Our country is now a bastion. Our walls are high (the Andes) and our seas are mined.
This shall be a long war. We ask you to take your forces away.
If we sign peace we shall pay reparations for your current losses.

To UK:
We need your help.

Old March 28, 2000, 17:32   #38
N35t0r
Emperor

To anyone
We request military help
Old March 28, 2000, 17:32   #39
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

To: Britain

We would like to aquire the HMS Invincible. Please name your price. We already have excellent relations and have prospered from increased trade between our nations. We only wish to protect our coasts from invasion with the carrier.
Old March 28, 2000, 18:06   #40
Scott F
Prince

Local Time: 01:17
Mod Stuff:
Time scale is one real day equals two weeks in thread time. I do not remember the exact date.

Chile, I don't think that you have a navy that is quite that big. It will take a long time to mobilize and train so many men. It will take a lot of equipment to arm them. It will be expensive. Calling up so many men will take longer than you have said.

For data on your navy, check here:

United States Naval and Shipbuilding Museum

[This message has been edited by Scott F (edited March 28, 2000).]
Old March 28, 2000, 18:15   #41
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

OOC:
quote:

New Battleship launched.

I don't think you have a battleship IRL, did you build it? I musta missed it then. If you did build it, may I ask why? They're useless in the modern world. But if you want it, I won't argue.
Old March 28, 2000, 18:36   #42
Lord Sigma

To China,

The Invincible can be aquired for $2.5 billion.(guesstimate based on Nimitz class's 4.5 billion dollar pricetag.) However we can offer her free of charge in exchange to plans and technical help on your anti-sattelite laser systems.

Old March 28, 2000, 18:43   #43
Napoleon Bonaparte
Prince

To: Argentina

You are wasting time. If you do not surrender then we will obliterate you. We have destroyed your army at Rosario, much to your dismay I am sure. We triumphed by our skill and numbers, and it will happen again with Chile. Surrender now and we will give you and your government generous land offers, as personal estates of course.

------------------
Almighty ruler and Resident God!!
Old March 28, 2000, 18:49   #44
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

To: England

We would be more than happy to pay for the HMS Invincible at $2.5 billion. The funds are transferred immediately, how soon can we expect delivery of the vessel?
Old March 28, 2000, 18:56   #45
Bolo
King

Local Time: 23:17
Local Date: October 30, 2010

Bolo announces new construction programs

President Bolo has announced that new programs will be put into place to rebuild wartorn area's of Iberian France as well as Iberia proper. Infrastructure improvements will also commence, these will take up to six months to complete and will do wonder to reduce unemployment in the Union. The most recent survey indicates that the citizenry want nothing to with war for a long time to come and that they are pleased with the new construction programs coming into place.

Military Expansion underway

The former leaders of the Union foolishly decided to sell of much of Iberia's best equipment to other nations. While the shiny new railroad is very helpful in transporting both civilian and military goods it was not worth all the equipment sold.
The military will be increased to its original size and the equipment sold will be replaced over a period of two and a hald years.
[This message has been edited by Bolo (edited March 28, 2000).]
Old March 28, 2000, 19:07   #46
Lord Sigma

The UK will aid the Iberian Union in whatever way possible and wishes the same friendship that was shared by the former administration to continue with the new.

To China,

Invincible has about 2 months of refit left at which point she will sail to China to be formally and ceremonially turned over to Chinese control

Old March 28, 2000, 19:11   #47
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

A small contingent of Chinese forces have landed in Abidjan and taken advantage of the anarchy. Fighting alongside rebels, the government of the Ivory Coast was quickly forced to retreat to Yamoussoukro. Fighting in Ghana is nearing an end as the government is being forced to retreat. Fighting will continue in Ghana with the last remnants of the government forces. Rebels in Liberia are also being supplied with more weapons and are a formidable force now.

OOC: Does the map show me controlling Rhode Island? I'm sorry, I might be blind, or just that Rhode Island is so small, but I just want to look at my nice little territory in the Americas
Old March 28, 2000, 19:31   #48
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Sino-Prussian African Campaign Commences!

Armor formed the vanguard of troops invading the countries of Gabon, Congo, and Equatorial Guinea. Their task was to make these countries more stable and eventually stablize the entire region. Hawk's Claw departed from Cabinda along the coastline and have reached Pointe Noire. During this time, the second Chinese expeditionary force in Africa departed from Cameroon and sliced along the coast through to Libreville. The militaries of these nations have retreated from the coast realizing how undefensible it is due to the naval support from German and Chinese vessels of war. These ships include everything from AEGIS cruisers to missile frigates to submarines as well as air support from German bases. The German colonial forces on the other hand invaded along inland ways. Troops from Cabinda moved northeast and have reached the outskirts of Brazzalville while the government and most of the military retreated inland. A second force coming from Cameroon invaded Congo from the north and have reached Dongou. The militaries of the invaded countries escaped large encirclement and have retreated in fairly good order to the center of the countries. Communications intercepted from the countries indicates that these nations are trying to organize a combined resistance, a move which will make the Chinese and German forces do much more work. The plan for the Sino-Prussian forces seems to be a large pincer movement along the easter border of Congo and the coastlines of Congo, Gabon, and Equatorial Guinea.

To: Britain

Thank you very much. Nice doing business with you. Perhaps we'll do it again sometime.
Old March 28, 2000, 19:50   #49
gscott23x3
Prince

June 15-30 2001

CW military purged...aggressive and rogue elements ordered to stand trial for their illegal actions.

CW retracts supership and supertank proposal...international reactions surprised CW leaders...plans scrapped in lieu of new ones.

CW troops to police argentine rear behind brazilian and peruvian troops.

To Germany: We agree to your request for the purchase for the submarines...they will be forwarded to your base in Venezuela fresh from the Norfolk and Savannah shipyards. The price is a mere 15 Billion dollars!!

To UK: We agree to your request for the purchase of the patriot missiles, the price in a mere 5 billion for 100 missiles!!

To Canada: please take our advice and fortify the cities of Winnipeg, Calgary, regina, Banff, Vancouver and Thunder Bay in case your western half should ever be attacked. This will allow you time to defend yourself while our units move in to aid you! Also you may consider fortifying your south eastern area on the south bank of the ST Lawrence river to protect yourself from southern enemies!
Old March 28, 2000, 20:06   #50
General_BT
King

Someone else can take the SAk...
Old March 28, 2000, 20:36   #51
Bearcat
King

OOC - I'm sorry for the OOC post guys but I want Hodad to see this. All right Hodad for one thing I have been around this thread longer than yo uhave. Thus giving me more time to militarize. And my country is a military controlled country. Anyway I did some checking at the CIA Factbook and I came up with this. Peru has more people fit and availabl;e for military service. Add that to Bolivia's. Anyway Peru (in the Thread) has a total of 8,821,925 people available and 5,898,960 fit. Chile on it's own has only 3,968,176 people available and 2,943,206. And I have LMF merecenaries too. And you really think that blowing up your Andes passes is going to help you!? And HsFB didn't you post that you wanted yourselves ignored on weekends after we invaded? Again to everyone else my apologies.
Old March 28, 2000, 20:46   #52
Captain Kirk

heheheh I'll take the SAK BT.
Old March 28, 2000, 22:19   #53
Scott F
Prince

Local Time: 01:17
Headlines in Der Spiegel:
-Reichschancellor praises Argentina's efforts for true democracy.
-German submarine sunk in southeastern Pacific.
-Three submarines purchased from the CW.
-Sino-German African offensives begin.
-German troops invade Benin.

Chile:
Explosions lit up the night sky across Chile. German cruise missiles and smart bombs made quick work of Chile's newly completed oil refineries and shipyards. The Germans also struck other important structures across Chile. Other oil refineries, ports, shipyards, docks, bridges, power plants, and radar emplacements were also bombed. German submarines and stealth bombers conducted the strikes quickly, before returning to Venezuela to avoid reprisals.

Secretly, across Germany:
Chilean and Argentinian citizens and immigrants living under areas of German control have been seized by the police. Chilean diplomats have also been seized, though the German government has ordered that the Argentinian diplomatic legation be left alone. The Chileans and Argentinians soon found themselves being loaded on trains. The Chileans were sent eastward, to occupied Poland. The Argentinians have been transported to Wiesbaden, where they are to be monitored to prevent any subversive acts. The Argentinian diplomatic legation is free to check on the health, safety, and well-being of its people at any time. The German government assures the Argentinian government that their people will not be harmed, and will be released after hostilities have ended with Chile.

Near Gniezno, in German-occupied Poland:
The Chileans were unloaded from their trains like cattle. They were then herded away from the railroad siding, where the train sat, and were forced to march to towards a small village a mile away. The village had been ravaged by bombings during the war and had been abandoned. The Germans had ringed the village with a series of electrified and razor-wire fences, along with several guard towers, to prevent escape.

The Chileans were assembled in the town square, where a German military officer addressed them.

quote:

Welcome to Konzentrationslager 23. You are now guests of the German government. Once hostilities between our two nations have concluded, you will be permitted to return to Chile...

Ausrottungslager 5, near Poznan, German-occupied Poland:
The underground facility had been completed exactly as ordered. It was one of many across occupied Poland. All of these facilities had been completed under strict secrecy. Not even orbital satellites would have noticed their construction.

Dispatches from the Foreign Office:
To Russia:
We stand ready to assist you. We wish to buy another Oscar submarine. Chile will be made to pay the bill.
To China:
Our forces in Africa are now prepared for the planned offensive. We await your signal.
To CW:
Your money is on its way.
To Italy and the Iberian Union:
We are awaiting a convenient time for our ambassadors to meet together to discuss ending the war.
To Argentina:
We praise your efforts to ensure that there is a true and legal government in Argentina. We ask that you stop all oil exports to Chile.
To Chile:
We laugh at your pathetic attempts to harm us. We will be compensated for siezed German investments and land in your nation and you will pay for the sinking of our missile submarine.
Old March 28, 2000, 22:29   #54
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

OOC: Scott, I already made the battle post
Kirk, so Japan is free again...OK
Old March 28, 2000, 22:37   #55
Bearcat
King

Peruvian soldiers are heading hell bent for leather to the Chilean border. Although the Chileans have probably already destroyed the mountain passes on our border they are not safe. Our German allies have destroyed Chilean shipyards and oil reseves. The Chileans are arrogant but fragile. Without their allies the Argentines the Chielans will surely fall. Hodad II has no hope for his nation. The only prayer is tosurrender without a battle. However we suspect he will not.

To Argentina - You would be wise to listen to our Brazilain allies. The CW should be coming soon.

To Brazil - Buenos Aires is yours!
Old March 28, 2000, 22:38   #56
Captain Kirk

Mao NO!! I meant that I'd add the SAK to my little empire. That's what the hehehe was for
Old March 28, 2000, 22:41   #57
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

OOC: Well Kirk, have fun. You'll either have to conquer them or gte a referendum working...
Old March 28, 2000, 22:45   #58
Captain Kirk

Well I have a few ideas. Wish to continue over at the OOC thread?
Old March 28, 2000, 22:53   #59
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

OOC: Sure, see ya there!

Everyone, sorry
Old March 29, 2000, 01:18   #60
Dark Fox

i'll name my country N.R.A( New. Republic. of Africa.) i will first try to improve my police force. also i would like to make a treaty with captin kirk if you are willing. i could use a alie in Asia.